Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Semi-Experienced DM looking for Swedish players. (D&D 3.5) (New thread)

Edited 1430758278
Continuation of this thread, that has been automaticly closed. Greetings and salutations! I'm currently looking for players for my 3.5 campaign that I'm running. The world is custom, created by me and other fantasy loving roleplayers over the course of several years. The setting is pretty standard, being a medieval medium-magic campaign. So most things should feel familiar, even for new players. The only difference beeing custom gods instead of the ones in the original 3.5 Handbook. For those that want that little extra, there are several pages of written information regarding the religious beliefs, gods, lands, cities and politics that you are going to be facing in the world. We also have a map, of course. It is still being expanded as players discover more far away lands, cities and cultures. As a DM, I will shift the focus of the campaign depending on what the players want and how they decide to play their characters. I'm confident in my ability to create interesting political dilemmas, religious conflicts, morally challenging situations as well as stealthy missions, a rageing battleground and any other scenario that the players happen to find themselves in. Playtimes and timezones: Every player in my campaign lives in Sweden as of now. Therefore the timezone I'll be working in is GMT+1. This also means that the campaign is in swedish and as such, I can only take in new players that speak and understand the swedish language. We are currently playing every Sunday, starting at 14:00 (02:00 PM) and playing until the players feel like they've had enough for the session. This has led us to a few 6+ hours or even more instances. As of now, we are currently playing every Thursday, starting at 19:00 (07:00 PM). A session is usually between 3 to 4 hours. If you are unable to play for longer than a specified amount, that should still be fine. On rare occations, members want to play on a different day, due to their schedule. We try to stick to Thursday, but if you have a flexible schedule that would allow you to play on some other days as well, should the occation arise, that would be great. What I'm looking for in a player: Concistency. The ability to play a lot over the course of the campaign. Flexibility will of course be taken into account. Being a decent person. This means showing up in time, contacting me or fellow players ahead of time in case you cannot participate in the next session or the like. You'll also be asked to respect me as the DM and your fellow players. Your own political and religious beliefs outside of the game should be left outside of the game. Arguing is fine, but remember that players are not representing themselves in the actual game. They are playing a character. Fun. It would be nice if you were a person that is comfortable being anyone, but most importantly yourself. The ability to speak and understand swedish. The campaign I'm running is in swedish and so are the players in it. TL;DR: I run a campaign. D&D 3.5. I want some more players. Not sure how many more. 1-2 would be good. I can only take in players that speak and understand Swedish, due to my players. Questions? Ask away or simply send me a PM! Updates: Updated the days and times that we play. Added clarification regarding the fact that new players must speak and understand the swedish language. Added to the "What I'm looking for in a player." section.
If you have questions, they might have already been answered in the previous thread. A link to it has been added at the top of this thread. Also, shameless bump as I add more information!
Another bump! Still looking for 1 more player. Send me a pm or leave a message in the thread if you're interested or if you've got any questions!
I'm currently talking to a few people, but nothing has yet been confirmed. Feel free to drop me a message in case you're interested in joining the campaign!
Updated the thread to improve clarity!