Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

map not resizing correctly

when changing the map size to something smaller then default, nothing happens to the map grid itself, only the scroll bar stops working. When using a hex grid, the page shows the correct size of hex grid but a blank page running off the edges of the view area right and bottom. In addition, the map covers the scroll bar instead of being behind it. Running win 7 and the latest(to my knowledge) firefox.
edit: in correct forum now.
I've actually run into this problem too. I'm currently running the latest version of Chrome (21.0) on Win7. I've also noticed that the scrollbars will also get covered at times (I believe window size has something to do with it). I've uploaded a few pictures to help with explaining the phenomenon. The first is the "neverending map" bug: that map is actually a 10x10 grid, zoomed out to 10%. The second is the same map at 100% but the window was made smaller to illustrate it hiding the scrollbars. Hope helps to bring about a fix; I'm really looking forward to putting Roll20 through its paces in my next campaign. Cheers!
Was just about to post this bug. Keeps happening to me, as well. When I try and scroll, it bugs out or sometimes won't scroll at all. When I zoom in to 100%, everything works correctly, though.
Thanks, we are currently working to resolve this issue.
Great to hear, Richard. I am loving this site, and can't wait to get back into using it again!
The scrollbar covering issue has been fixed. Also, maps that are smaller than your screen should now *mostly* show correctly. There's still a small error if your screen is just barely smaller than the size of the page where it will "jump" a little when you scroll and show you about 10% more of the canvas than it should, but overall it's much better. I'll try and get that last 10% fixed as well.