Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Search not correct

Forum problem. just try write the title a title of a post and then enter. it doesnt appear. :/
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you give an example of what you were trying to search for and what you page you expected to find from it?
ok. right now there are 2 posts on the top with titles: "I have GM permission is a Game I am not a GM in." and "Macro Rolls seem to get stuck". i put the exact title of the post on the search and i didn't find them. an other thing that i found is that the post that i find from the search are more than 6 month ago. nothing earlier. I'm sorry for my bad english
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No problem. The Search rewrite is a new feature, and Steve has mentioned he is working on improvements. I'll escalate this thread to him.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Currently the forums are being re-indexed every evening. So, that means you won't find brand new posts in the search until the next day.
oh i didnt know that. then its solved :)
There is no sorting so for example trying to search "apocalypse" shows months old topics in random order.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Zax said: There is no sorting so for example trying to search "apocalypse" shows months old topics in random order. The search is weighted based off of how the key words are used, how close they are together, how often they're used in the post, etc.
Well, the whole point of advanced seach was to be able to select how to order the result, see the date of last post etc.
Zax said: Well, the whole point of advanced seach was to be able to select how to order the result, see the date of last post etc. I agree. Not much point to being able to search without being able to choose how to sort it.