Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

How do I auto deal turn order cards and have them removed from the deck?

Hi all! I watched the roll20 tutorial on how to use the deck of cards for turn order (Running Savage Worlds), and it looked pretty simple where you just drag and drop them onto each player on the initiative list. I noticed however that there was a feature where I can just right click on the deck and have it auto deal the initiatives, which is fantastic and fast! But upon doing so I noticed that it wasn't actually removing the cards from the deck, leaving the stack as 54 when I went to check it despite having them show up on the turn order list. The rules of this particular game doesn't have you reshuffle the deck until someone draws a joker, so it is a bit of a problem (Though admittedly a minor one as I can just drag and drop as per normal instead of using this feature) What I want to know is, is there a toggle option somewhere where you can make it so it removes the cards from the deck when they are dealt to the turn order tool? Thanks for your help!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That sounds like a bug to me. I verified the behavior you're seeing. I'll move this to the bugs forum.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kurses, I think there is a small misunderstanding. If you deal to initiative and then use the Choose or Discard Pile options you'll see that those cards are no longer in the "Active Deck" but in the discard pile. They're not actually on the table or in players hands (which I get is confusing). Imagine it like this, when you deal cards to initiative it's like you're writing down the cards on a list and then discarding the cards right then to the discard pile, instead of the players individually holding onto their card. The cards themselves are still "In the Deck" because they've been discarded and aren't laying on the table or being held onto by the player.
So does that mean that the same card won't be drawn again if I deal out cards again for the next turn until I recall or shuffle?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That's correct.
Thanks a lot for clearing that up!