Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder sheet thread 4: Life after Sam

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This is the new Pathfinder character sheet thread to post questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, etc. Pathfinder sheet thread 3: I've run out of titles was starting to get a little long in the tooth. Time for a new thread. Maybe the title of the new thread will entice Sam (the creator of the original Pathfinder sheets) to return to roll20 and help guide our course. In Sam's absence, I'm positive the sheet will continue to grow and improve. A BIG thank you to Nibrodooh and Samuel for their contributions to the sheet. The Pathfinder sheet is a beast and it needs/deserves multiple volunteers to keep her afloat. Cheers. So, on Samuel's lead, Samuel T. said: With the understanding that we might be able to implement everything, I would love to see a wishlist of features you guys would love to see for the character sheet that is either: a) currently not being done, or b) being done but very poorly. Anyone care to add their "wishlist" for the sheet and/or suggest improvements on current features?
Sam's gone?! When did this happen?!!! Gonna miss you, Sam... thanks for the Pathfinder sheet! -Phnord

Edited 1430849242
Sam
Sheet Author
I personally would love to see a config page where we Toggle if notes are displayed or not. I can't tell you how many times I have been tempted to add then back in when implementing other things but I know that nibrodooh doesn't care for them so I haven't wanted to step on his toes like that... Yet ;)
Sam
Sheet Author
Phnord Prephect said: Sam's gone?! When did this happen?!!! It happened a few months ago.
My wish list is a spell section more akin to the dnd 5e shaped sheet. Tabbed section for spell level and a filter for prepared spells would make management of higher level casters much easier. Don't necessarily need all the fancy toggles for what the roll templates do and don't sh
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Samuel T. said: I personally would love to see a config page where we Toggle if notes are displayed or not. I can't tell you how many times I have been tempted to add then back in when implementing other things but I know that nibrodooh doesn't care for them so I haven't wanted to step on his toes like that... Yet ;) Actually... Nibrodooh said: I love the idea of toggles, and they should be fairly easy to implement(although still time consuming). Adding this to my to do list, as well as experimentation on the idea of a hidden property that displays on mouse over, as I have reason to believe this is also doable. I'm thinking it is time to implement a settings tab in the sheet that will contain a series of check boxes that you can turn on/off things like notes displaying in different locations, switch roll template colours, enable/disable parts of the sheet(e.g. sections for alternate rules from the advanced/ultimate books), and modify macros. There would also be toggles within the spell/attack sections if/when I implement that sort of thing. I think you might have at least one alley in adding a setting/config page.

Edited 1430866583
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Zepth said: My wish list is a spell section more akin to the dnd 5e shaped sheet. Tabbed section for spell level and a filter for prepared spells would make management of higher level casters much easier. Don't necessarily need all the fancy toggles for what the roll templates do and don't sh I like the idea of filtering prepped spells. I'll have to take a look at the 5e sheet. I believe Nibrodooh also mentioned the desire for a tabbed Spell section.
Thanks Vince. I had a look at copying over some of the code and css to implement on my custom sheet and completely butchered everything. But I am a total novice with html/css so it was no surprise :)
An option for the consolidated skills list would be good.

Edited 1430950223
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks cyberspark. Doing a consolidated see skill list has certainly been on my list as well. Figuring the best way to go will be the tricky part but I'm certainly optimistic that we will be able to come up with something that is intuitive and easy to use.
If we're talking toggles, I'd love to see the second set of "Caster Level" "Concentration" and "Spell slots" etc be an option, rather than there all the time. It all just looks so dense it's hard to pick out the information you're looking for.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Good suggestion The Mystic. After looking at the 5e sheet, we definitely need to redesign the Spell section. Tabs and toggles seem to be a common suggestion.
I wonder if there is interest in translated sheets for like German/French players? Would it be possible to do variables for field names in the original one so that we don'thave like 20 different sheets? I would volunteer to help with it especially for the German translation part :)
Sam
Sheet Author
Gesic you'd be more than welcome to translate the sheet into German. The data is all on github.
Sorry if this has been brought up before but the PF1-3 threads were way to friggin long for me to read through and I've been away from the boards for quite some time. I've got a player who's character sheet isn't working quite right. It's only him, but in his attacks section, it's not pulling up an attack bonus. Even trying to add an attack modifier isn't working as it'll only roll the die and be just the die result. Any indication as to what's being done wrong or is this something that's known?
Sam
Sheet Author
are you using any custom macro text?
I'm not no. He is right now until we figure out what's going on, but it's based off a built macro that doesn't pull off the sheet. But as for the attack bonus, it's just blank. There's no input in there at all which is what's leading me to believe that only the die will show in the result, but I'm not entirely sure.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Kyle S. said: Sorry if this has been brought up before but the PF1-3 threads were way to friggin long for me to read through and I've been away from the boards for quite some time. I've got a player who's character sheet isn't working quite right. It's only him, but in his attacks section, it's not pulling up an attack bonus. Even trying to add an attack modifier isn't working as it'll only roll the die and be just the die result. Any indication as to what's being done wrong or is this something that's known? Hi Kyle. The formula used for total-attack on the sheet is (@{proficiency} + (((@{enhance} + @{masterwork}) + abs(@{enhance} - @{masterwork})) / 2) + @{attack} + @{attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) Because the attacks are using attributes from within a repeating section, all attributes within need to have a value. Double check that all the fields/attributes listed in the above formula are there and are properly formatted. This goes for every attribute in the repeating section as well. Asside from that, make sure your player is using the appropriate browser (chrome or firefox) and that there aren't any extensions/add-ons, anti-virus, anti-malware, etc. interfering with the browser.
Okay, I'll check that then. Thanks guys.
Figured it out as I feel stupid. He had a + in front of his modifiers, which is what was throwing it off. I hate being made stupid by simple stuff lmao.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
NP Kyle. Made the same mistake myself. Cheers
What is the current GITHUB link for the Pathfinder sheet?
Sam
Sheet Author
Here is the link for the sheet on the Roll20 repository <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... If you would like the current version of the beta sheet you can find it at my repository <a href="https://github.com/jarquafelmu/roll20-character-sh" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/jarquafelmu/roll20-character-sh</a>... Currently there is a pull request for the beta version on my repo to be merged with the main on the Roll20 repo, but we're just waiting for it to be accepted. Once it is accepted I will fork the main repo and then I ask that anyone wanting to make further changes to fork my repo instead of the main repo that way we can resolve any merging conflicts before submitting a request to the main repo.
Thanks Samuel! The pathfinder sheet continues to get more amazing every day. We use a homebrew version since we ignore some of the core game rules, but this one is what we base ours off of. Do you know if there is a way to calculate a total using something from a repeating table? Specifically looking at the Inventory Items but under the items tab. There is that weight field. Lets say I add three items to my inventory, each with 10 weight value, is it possible to calculate that elsewhere on the sheet to get the total of "30"? I see the value "@{repeating_item_X_weight}" but am not sure how I would count these up in a calculation.
Sam
Sheet Author
Unfortunately not really, the repeating sections don't have the same level of support that other sections do so working with and accessing them is very tricky and sometimes not even possible, like I believe in your circumstance. However there is a movement ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1240016/official-support-for-repeating-sections-in-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1240016/official-support-for-repeating-sections-in-character-sheets</a> ) trying to get the devs to make them first class citizens and we would love to get your vote and support on it if you would like to see them more supported.
Done. Hopefully that will help us out some. :)

Edited 1431548118
So in working on the homebrew sheet, I just spent the last 36 hours working on this: <a href="https://db.tt/CTUlsCqv" rel="nofollow">https://db.tt/CTUlsCqv</a> It's essentially a fix my game has been desperately needing since we are all extremely macro heavy using powercards. This allows us to build the attack, damage, crit threat, and crit fail rolls and then creates a simple export to keep updating in one simple place and to keep the space used in powercards to a minimum. It pulls from our weapons listing on the inventory page (which deviates a lot from pathfinder with our house rules): <a href="https://db.tt/gpcsp3KP" rel="nofollow">https://db.tt/gpcsp3KP</a> Is this something you would want the code for?
Sam
Sheet Author
I can certainly appreciate the amount of work you've put into this. It's clear that you love your game and your party. So kudos to you! :). I don't think we will implement either of them because the first is very specific and the idea of the character sheet is to be as broad as possible while trying to keep down on needless lines of code. Granted there have been some concessions for things which are QoL improvements like the new wounds system and unchained skills, but those are completely optional to use and don't increase the code base very much. The second one I believe is a duplication of what we already have with the defenses and attacks tab and I could see it being confusing for people if we were to break them out like your second picture suggests. Once again Encartrus, please don't take offense and me not wanting to implement these. You've done good work and it's awesome to see different ideas. If you have any others I'd love to hear them.

Edited 1431549576
None taken! I felt the need to share in case it was something you guys might want to use, given that most of the work here is reverse engineering your magnificent code. :) Our houserules set is so wonky compared to basic pathfinder it's halfway to it's own system these days, but without your code we would still be using excel and multiple monitors. Thanks for keeping the torch alive! Next on my to-do list is going to be an update of our Lore & Rep page which is mostly non-stat based character info (backstory, et al). I'll share the end result since that's pretty universal.
Not sure if it is fixed in your latest pull request anyway but as per <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1947949/pathfinder-diplomacy-skill/#post-1950389" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1947949/pathfinder-diplomacy-skill/#post-1950389</a> the button for diplomacy check is missing a name in the html so it cannot be turned in to the macro %{selected|diplomacy-check}
Sam
Sheet Author
It's been fixed for about 2 weeks now, just waiting for it to be pulled over.
I'm brand new to roll20, so this might be a very simple question ... I created a campaign and chose the "Pathfinder" character sheet for it. However, I'm seeing only a very abbreviated sheet when I look at the journal and try to create a character; essentially, it has only name, attributes, and not much else. No class, no skills, nothing. Am I missing some switch or display option or something I need? Thanks! Maryrita
Nevermind .... if I'd've clicked on the tabs at the top, I would have found the rest. Comes of being distracted, I guess ....
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi RPG O. Sounds like you were "short-sheeted" :-P. Cheers.
In the class section (brand new to this, it may be a silly question) of the PF sheet, how do you input abilities that are a flat value plus a characteristic modifier? Specifically, Conjuration Wizard. I can Acid Dart a number of times per day equal to 3 + INT mod (4). How do I input this into the Max Calculation field to have it calculate properly?
3+@{INT-mod}
Very much appreciated, thanks! I had been trying 3+@(char name)|INT-mod. &gt;.&gt;
For Skills, how do you get the sheet to take into account the +1 skill rank per level for Human?
The artistry/lore Unchained skills are currently not calculating properly. "No attribute was found for @{Character|condition-drained} No attribute was found for @{Character|condition-Wounds}"
Mac B. said: For Skills, how do you get the sheet to take into account the +1 skill rank per level for Human? I track it by just giving my character an additional favored class HP. If you don't plan on multiclassing, you could just increase the class's "skills/lvl" value by 1.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
JLeeBly said: The artistry/lore Unchained skills are currently not calculating properly. "No attribute was found for @{Character|condition-drained} No attribute was found for @{Character|condition-Wounds}" Thanks JLeeBly. We'll have a look and get it figured out asap. Making Sunday breakfast for the fam...
Both Artistry and Lore need a Line beside it like craft so that a specific Lore or Artistry may be named.

Edited 1431884622
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think I need to buy Unchained... Lol I'll make sure the lines are added in the next update.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Vince said: JLeeBly said: The artistry/lore Unchained skills are currently not calculating properly. "No attribute was found for @{Character|condition-drained} No attribute was found for @{Character|condition-Wounds}" Thanks JLeeBly. We'll have a look and get it figured out asap. Making Sunday breakfast for the fam... Samuel and I were planning on having both our additions/changes added to the sheet in the last PR. Sadly, there were some PR conflicts thanks to Samuel's MAJOR (spoiler alert) sheet contributions ;-) that prevented Energy Drain and Wound Thresholds from being included. Everything is included in the next PR and will work as expected. Appologies to the community for any inconvenience.
I've just seen the new colour scheme and formatting on the sheet. It's excellent, making things much easier to read, well done.

Edited 1432084056
Sam
Sheet Author
The Mystic said: I've just seen the new colour scheme and formatting on the sheet. It's excellent, making things much easier to read, well done. Thank you so much Mystic! It's been a labor of love and I'm glad you enjoy the formatting changes. If you have any wish list items you'd like to see for the sheet please let Vince and I know and we will evaluate whether or not it is something we can do. If we can accomplish it we would most likely add it.

Edited 1432083930
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The new changes are great, thanks so much! I already was doing something similar to the 2 background skills/lvl, then saw it in Unchained and thought cool. I was just adding +(2*@{level}) to the end of the max skills for that. But now I can track it seperately , great. (I finally found where to enable background skills, so I deleted my question :) )

Edited 1432084017
Sam
Sheet Author
Hi Chris B. Go to the Background skills section and at the bottom you'll see an option to enable the variant and the ability to trade adventure skill ranks for background skill ranks. I'll leave this here because others might have the same question.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: The new changes are great, thanks so much! I already was doing something similar to the 2 background skills/lvl, then saw it in Unchained and thought cool. I was just adding +(2*@{level}) to the end of the max skills for that. But now I can track it seperately , great. (I finally found where to enable background skills, so I deleted my question :) ) Those are the best questions. :-)