Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script Request] AoE direct damage based on what is selected.

I was wondering if anyone had a script to conduct just direct damage. AKA subtract from bar 1 for the selected tokens by a set value. Or something similar?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I was going to post something for TokenMod, but I think I've overlooked the ability to apply a delta to the bar. I can certainly fix that though. I'll get a version that lets you say "reduce all the selected bar1's by some amount." out the door tonight. =D
The scriptomancer strikes again :O XP+5!
This has potential, what if a spell is cast (DC is given by the DM, DM declares half damage on a successful save, and a spell save is rolled for each target) and then token mod applies the proper amount of damage (entered by the DM) for those that succeeded the number is halved and applied? Too much?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you can come up with a general method of handling that, I'll take a look... =D
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Way too much, IMO :> Then again, I'm strongly against auto-applied anything because all too often I run into a situation where a modifier was forgotten and I'm having to fix a screwup. I don't need auto-applied things making the messes larger :>
The idea sounds nice but it requires alot of setup and can be annoying to apply. I was just really looking at just simple subtraction from bar 1 to X tokens that are selected. It can be a task to subtract -5 damage from 4+ tokens at a time. Honestly, for DCs you can just see from a glance if something saved or not, and can just enter in the calculation of X/2 value if you want to half damage things. In an ideal world, having a number of scripts that would handle DCs, attack rolls, subtractions and conditions would be nice. Unfortunately I have yet to see any tabletop implement such an engine for any system yet.
Nicely played Aaron. What about a way that you can streamline a multiple saving throws? I.E. Sort of like group-init but with Skills/Saves with a streamlined power card/roll template? Group DEX Save: "Token, 1/Red, 13" "Token, 2/Orange, 12" "Token, 3/Green 2" etc. Then with the token mod you can apply X damage to Y Tokens.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
*ahem * I believe a GenRequest of 'something like GroupInit, but you can specify the attribute checked, for doing group skill rolls' is on The Aaron's list. :> Y'know... Aaron could start his OWN 'suggestions' forum and we could upvote stuff we wanted him to work on ^_- (I kid, Aaron, I kid!)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, it actually is already on the list.. I named it GroupStat, but I haven't worked on it much beyond the initial idea.. Speaking of the initial idea, I went in to modify TokenMod to take deltas... ... and discovered I already did it months ago... !token-mod --set bar3_value|-16 No new release required. you can use + as well to get a mass heal effect. Feel free to drop in an inline roll as well.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
GenKitty said: Y'know... Aaron could start his OWN 'suggestions' forum and we could upvote stuff we wanted him to work on ^_- (I kid, Aaron, I kid!) I've actually considered it...hmmm.
GenKitty said: *ahem * I believe a GenRequest of 'something like GroupInit, but you can specify the attribute checked, for doing group skill rolls' is on The Aaron's list. :> Y'know... Aaron could start his OWN 'suggestions' forum and we could upvote stuff we wanted him to work on ^_- (I kid, Aaron, I kid!) Well please consider that a +1 for that request. It isn't a bad idea, I would totally cast a vote, just make sure you post it in the mentor forums so GenKitty isn't making multiple free accounts to up vote hers. :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That's not really gonna help you since her votes already count as +10s! =D~. BWAHAHAHAHA
LOL, so not fair! :)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
*Big Blue Eyes* Miau? I'm just a hardworking GM-Cat over here. (Did you know if you squish and stretch them sufficiently, you can turn two gearshafts and a table into a grain chute?) Now, how to get this thread back on track... nope, I can't think of a thing. Sorry, Saevar L. :>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
With examples! do 2d6 damage to all selected tokens: !token-mod --set bar2_value|-[[2d6]] How about a command that does half damage to all selected and marks them so you know which ones you did: !token-mod --set bar2_value|-12 statusmarkers|+red:+1 You can do that to just the ones that failed their saving throws, then do it again to all of them, achieving half damage to the ones that saved and full damage to the ones that didn't in a minimal repeat of the same command twice, with easy selection on the second. Added bonus, you can make sure you did all the right ones by seeing what has the mark and how many it has. Then do this to clear the marks: !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-red
I'd suggest using Aaron's method. I have a script but it's tied to cgen and I don't plan on releasing it in the near future, but I believe it's what he's referring to. imgur link
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Your scripts always look so nice.... [jealous] =D ... need to hire a designer....
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Ken L., *peer* How do you do that? Is this because you're using HTML/CSS?
(sadface) your script does look amazing Ken. Too bad you are not releasing it :(... Also I forgot to mention! Thanks Aaron once again! I have been using your token-mod even more so now to great effect. Making mass combat in 5E a breeze.
This almost solves all my script needs. All thats left is figuring out a script which allows me to set a chat roll button. Like your toggle one in your token mod. Something ideally thay just allows me to reference a roll and relay it as a clickable button I imagine though that wouldn't work without using the api more intimately. Eg !Button [[@{selected attributes here}]]. Pressing it results in selected attributes being rolled. serves to save what-if clutter.
I said I wasn't going to release it in the near-future. I'll eventually release it though but only when they're user friendly like CGen which was intuitive thanks to Russ H. , Rhyannon and Alan H. . I'm not a fan of maintaining a large number of scripts or answering questions for those who don't RTFM . So I usually release them when they're relatively fool proof which takes patience. in FOSS speak, I live in Debian world where those who achieve 'devel' are pretty stuck up about most things but are very precise everywhere else.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
My personal Linux slogan has always been "Debian or don't bother". Those RedHat folk just don't understand where things need to go.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Saevar L. said: This almost solves all my script needs. All thats left is figuring out a script which allows me to set a chat roll button. Like your toggle one in your token mod. You should be able to do that with something like: /w frank [Click me](!torch) You might have to use back tick (don't have one on my iPhone keyboard...) before the command or replace @ with the html entity.