Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How can one add/import custom tokens?

I'm definetely new to roll20, seeing as i started an hour ago, and I'm trying to create a Monster Hunter themed D&D 3.5 campaign based around the game. However, I am currently not seeing how to load custom assets to use. This proves difficult when trying to load in monsters as they are not in the current database of the editor and I don't know if loading maps in is the same as tokens. I'll try some other things, but currently I'm stumped. Does anyone know how to help?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Charles and welcome to roll20. There are many different ways to load "custom" assets. You can drag and drop images directly into the editor/map. You can upload images using your image library's upload tool. You can use the image search feature from the right sidebar image tab(drag and drop to the editor/map or "Star" the image as a favorite to have it added to your image library). You can drag and drop to the editor/map from your image library also. Maps, tokens, images, are all just "images" and you can manipulate them within the editor similarly(resize, rotate, move, change layers, etc.). You can also copy/paste into handouts, journal bio's, and gm notes. You can upload pdf's(single page) to a handout. There are probably more ways, but that should get you started. Post back with questions. Cheers
Gold
Forum Champion
That's a good answer with many possibilities from Vince. Here is a Wiki Docs page with instructions for using the in-game Art tab, click the black Star, and then click Upload: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library#Your_Library" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library#Your_Library</a>