Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Checking Intrest for a Homebrew Arabian Nights themed Campaign/ Pathfinder Ruleset with some 3PP

Edited 1431175743
Where to begin. This is a setting I have been wanting to get off the ground for several years now. This is my personal tribute to the Arabian Nights, Persian, Egyptian, Grecian, Hindu, and ancient Judaism genres that have received little or no spot light since the inception of RPG's. The recent attempts by Paizo (The Mummies Mask and Legacy of Fire) to do this genre the justice it deserves have met with fantastic success and reviews (By me if no-one else). This is me trying to add my two cents to the great adventures that can come from these genres. The races of this setting differ greater than the standard RPG worlds. The only core race in this setting are humans (they're everywhere, the darn things breed like rabbits). The normal races you find such as dwarves, elves, orcs, gnomes, halflings, and halves of any type of these have been given the boot, there is no place for them in this setting. The races allowed are taken from the featured and uncommon lists from the advanced race guide and are as follows: aasamar, tiefling, catfolk, sylph, oread, ifrit, undine, suli, vanara, kitsune, nagaji, and vishkanya. We also have two guest races jackalfolk (my personal homebrew race), and the Sal'Awaan (desert kitsune curtsey of Wayfinder 12, it is free from the Paizo site so not wanting to pay for it is not a viable excuse) The setting boasts its own pantheon which I will post later if I get enough interest to warrant me putting everything into this site. All classes are currently allowed. Looking for mature players as this setting is my brain child and I don't want to see it made into a ****storm as well as dealing with very mature topics, slavery being the top of that list. I am currently open to all questions, queries, quandaries, comments, concerns, advice, insults, and other. So with out further ado I welcome you to the Randasha Campaign Setting.
I would be very interested, depending on day/time availability.
I just moved to Korea so I'm trying to find a proper time frame that works well with my work schedule and with the time zones of the states.
Would love to play in this campaign; it dated me a bit (in my 30's), but I love the Middle East and fantasy settings derived from those cultures - even old movies like Lawrence of Arabia float my boat. Been pining for this ever since I read The Golem and the Jinni (great book, if you haven't read it). Am very familiar with PFR and would be very interested. Two q's: What date/time? Late nights (cst) usually best for me. What role/opportunity do you see for the players to help shape your world?
Hello! I have some exceptional interest in this game. Old Arabia and especially Persia are topics I heavily wish to explore. I do have a few questions, as the post mentions some 3PP being allowed -Are any of the Dreamscarred Press Books allowed? Both of my ready-made characters are from these books. I have everything released in Psionics so far except Mythic, and would love to share them with you if you are accepting the classes but lack the books. -Is this to be Point Buy? How much if so? -Anything that grinds your gears as DM? -Starting level? -Story/Combat focused? Mix of both?
Ben>> The date and time is still being worked on as I have to get my work schedule in order, but that should be taken care of in the next few days. As for time I could use advice on the best way to sort this puzzle out. As I alluded to earlier I recently moved to Korea and my time zone is between 9-13 hours ahead of anywhere in the US. My days and nights have essentially done a 180. As for the role of the players, I want to use the players to help flesh out the world, the groups entertainment and my love of a good story is what will push me to finish this world. I have been working on this setting for far to long, I have a good chunk of the world and adventures written and planned out but much remains to be filled in.As no GM can fully predict the actions the players will take it makes for the perfect means of staying on my toes and adapting to the wholeThe players of this Campaign will also help out greatly in establishing the current world events as Im taking the major events of the adventures and making them part of the cannon history, politics, and world events. The players will get to influence the final product of this setting as well as helping to perfect some adventure paths I have planned for the world. As no GM can fully predict the actions the players will take it makes for the perfect means of staying on my toes and adding/adapting the story as needed.

Edited 1431233034
Timothy>> I have not had much success with psionics in the past, but then again I was still relatively new to the game at the time and it was the 3.5 supplements. I would be happy to try it out again to see how well it meshes with the setting. Just send me the pdfs the books and supplements you want for your character over Skype and ill look them over to see how well they work. You may use either the High Fantasy 20 point buy or the Standard roll 4 take away the lowest. The only thing I ask is that the players be honest with what they roll. Since this will be the first Campaign I'll have done in a little over a year we're starting things a bit simple. We start at level 1 all around. Roll up everything except for gear, no-one is going to start with any gear. I've got a big surprise planned for how the characters meet and I refuse to do another we met in a tavern. Like the standard fantasy races that I've excluded, its been done way to many times over. It's time for a change of pace. The Campaign itself I will try to make a fair mix of both story and combat, though I may lean slightly more to combat at first as I think my story telling skill may have gotten a bit rusty during my year of no role play. As for the basic rules and things that irk me as a GM. 1. If there is drama outside the game table (metaphorically speaking) then that is where it stays. I don't care if you know anyone else in the group personally, any drama that takes away from the game is not welcome. 2. Unnecessary drama in the game is looked down on: The kleptomaniac thief that steals from the other players just because they can or everything the NCP's own that's not bolted down and on fire, the person with the highest CHA score claiming to be the leader, the bard that tries to sleep with every female that has a pulse, I'm not saying that hijinks won't ensue, they're part of what makes a game memorable just don't be an *** about it and try to get along with the other players. On the flipside anything you can do to enhance gameplay and role play aspects is appreciated. 3. Metagaming is a huge pet peeve of mine but this being online and an original setting I don't think that will be to much of a problem. 4.Players actively trying to usurp the story from the GM to create their own dictatorship (or any other form of government both evil and benign) will not be tolerated...at least before the story is ready for it. 5. Don't say the phrase "This couldn't possibly get any worse" or any variation of it that you can think of. I am obligated by the rules of GM's to make it worse. This rule is more for your safety than it is something that irks me, I have been known to be quite the sadist whenever this has been spoken at my table. 6. The last and most important rule is that stupidity is a crime in my eyes and punishments will be met out for it's violation. Accidents- They happen, not much can be done about it, Mistakes- We're human it's natural to make lapses in judgment, Ignorance- it's just simply not knowing and can easily be corrected. Stupidity- Actively propagating the above and refusing to change.
Hi. I've read your first post and think it's very cool and a unique niche not often played. This was brought to my attention by friend suggesting this thread so I thought I'd give it a post. Not that I plan on playing samsaran since I have made zero decisions about character building but I happen to notice they weren't allowed as a race especially with themes. I mostly really want to play and contribute to this brain child of yours. Can you tell me more about some of your background you seem to have gotten down so far? From what I've read, it sounds like you have at minimum a kernel of an idea or maybe about how the world is basically being set up so I'm curious about that. Thanks!

Edited 1431234655
This sounds like an exceptionally interesting game! I appreciate the blending of all these cultures into a campaign. It's a breath of fresh air from the usual Tolkein-esque pseudo-medieval European settings. Nothing against them, but it's refreshing to see something different come to fruition, after so many iterations, and I would be happy to participate in the development of this world. Just a few inquiries... What do you have in mind for communication in this game? Text, Voice, Text/Voice? Personally, I prefer text for the evasion of background noise and just finding it overall more immersive in terms of getting into character, but I understand the arguments for each option and it ultimately comes down to the gms choice. Thanks!
Hello. My name's Ben, an avid fan of RPGs, and like my friends Diana and Olivia, I'd be interested in this game. As a GM myself, I've been looking for a good game to play in for a while, and I can definitely emphasize with some of your concerns when looking for players. I really enjoy building characters and stories, and this setting looks great! I'd be happy to do my best to contribute to the game! As I'm in the states, time zones would be an important thing to discuss but you said you're already working on that. Thanks for your consideration!
Diana >> You are correct that the Samsaran race would complement the genre of the setting quite well especially considering the Hindu factor. These are the problems I ran into. A lack of a patron deity, all the races of this save for aasamars and tieflings have some kind of deific patron and origin be it either direct creation of that race, or the descendants of the deities children or servants, and for the most part the idea of a deity reincarnating itself seems a bit redundant to me seeing as they are at the supposed pinnacle of existence. Their avoidance of a true death did not mesh well with the idea that a soul in this game has one life to live, there are no raise dead spells in this setting. and that the of the creatures in the pathfinder universe the only ones I know that reincarnate themselves are Samsarans and Rakshasa, and while I do plan on using the fiends this setting the idea of something being removed from the natural cycle of life and death seemed to fit more with the Rakshasa as evil creatures seem more than likely to turn away from the normal fate of mortal creatures. All in all I have really have no idea how to properly implement them, perhaps I'm just looking at it from the wrong angle. More of the story will come out as I get closer to actual gameplay but If you like I can PM you later with some of what I've got so far. Second opinions and new sets of eyes are the main reason why I want to get out and play this setting, to what I can do to make it better.
Olivia >> As much as I would prefer to do an all text as it hides my stutter (it's not bad, it's just present), I think it will have to be voice/text as typing speed vary person to person as opposed to actually talking. And thank you for the compliments, I can't wait till I can get everything set up to make this dream a reality (at least as close to it as the internet allows)
Ben K >> Thanks for the support, I look forward to your insight in how I could make this better. As I told Diana putting this out here is all about cross examining what I've got with others and seeing what I can do to improve it. Quite frankly putting actual characters in the setting will force me to get off my lazy *** and finish this, or at the very least fill in a significant chunk to what's been bouncing around in my head all these years.
This sounds pretty interesting.. Im looking to join a campain playing a simpler character. a magus without spellcasting, basicaly a wandering swordsman (not samurai). Im the author of this post. Available at anytime and willing to do text aswell. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1936022/pathfinder-blademaster-request" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1936022/pathfinder-blademaster-request</a>
Yageira. Ah. That makes sense. I thought it was merely an error of just bypassing it over. But that makes sense. I suppose this means if characters die, they are poof gone for good. -nods- I think that's interesting, and I'd definitely like to see how that goes. Does that mean Breath of Life is out of the question as well? This isn't a deciding factor but I'm just curious about where you draw the line. Also I'd love to have a look! Notes: I'm going to casually put in two cents that involve I type reasonably quickly. I have found in the past, there can be echoes and very loud typing and it's difficult to hear people fighting over each other? But this leads me to my next questions-what is your maximum number of players and how frequently do you think you'll be holding session? Weekly, every other, once a month, etc... And how long do you typically plan for sessions to last? Whee~

Edited 1431280888
If some third party is permitted, how about the Time Thief class? I plan on playing a fairly prince of persia-inspired character if i do plan on joining this, so it'd either be time thief or just Oracle with time mystery. Also, I feel like the whole 'when you're dead, you're dead' thing kind of clashes thematically with cultures like these which traditionally believed in afterlives or reincarnation. And how does necromancy factor into that? Are there just no undead?

Edited 1431344888
Siivviex Xenetheir &gt;&gt; Would not the cavalier class work just without the samurai overlay, or are going for more of a mystical wandering swordsman (cursed to wander with said curse giving him extraordinary abilities, owner of enchanted blade intelligent or otherwise, eta...)

Edited 1431346598
Diana &gt;&gt; Breath of life would have to be used with tact. It's an easy thing to say the target was not quite dead but merely beaten/broken. and on the brink of death. But if someone just lost their head, impaled through the head/heart or various other gruesome methods of death then you can sure bet that they won't be back up on their feet in one round. If you can conceivably recover from it in real life (and not with advanced medical care, good medical care but not advanced) then it should have no problems working. Initially I'm looking for four players, but it's this post keeps on growing I'm probably going to have to bump it up to five or six. Any more than six and I really start to lose track of who's who. A bit of work on my part as I design the first adventure to be done by four players, but it's not to big of a burden. As for the scheduling. I would love to have the game be weekly for an average of four hours. Also I will try to get you the campaign info as soon as I'm able, my odd schedule starts tomorrow. It shouldn't be to long a wait, no more than a few days but in my line of work it's best not to make assumptions when it come to time.
Krim &gt;&gt; The class seems well balanced and would make for an interesting game. I've got no problems with it. As for how death is final effecting the world. Death of the soul is final as far as any spell that bring the target back from death into full life, various Gods and other entities are charged with ensuring this process goes unhindered. There is indeed afterlife for the souls, either to heaven and eternal bliss or the confines and misery of hell, the main question posed to the mortals is why would you bring them back. They are either to happy to want to return to life or they are not the kind of person you want coming back. Undead and various other fiends on the other hand are what happens when someone breaks this law of the cosmos. Just like in most other settings undead are anathema to life and their creation is taboo in most civilized societies. As I'm sure you can imagine necromancers are hunted down quite fiercely by the churches of all but the evil deities.
Yageira. Breath of Life has its own limitations-ie: works within the round that the person was slain. But that makes sense... cannot revive thematically from something like vorpal, which is about the only thing I can think of right that has a distinct manner of death in pf. Not sure if there's any thing in pf that specifically states... stab through the head/chest. And that's fair. As a player, I think I get lost when there's 6 or more players. And by then you've probably got a lot of overlap in classes. Do you have any restrictions on class since you have some on race? And that's cool. No rush. Half of me is just posting back and asking questions if only to tell you I'm still here and interested rather than posting once and you'll never see me again. :) I'm also casually relaying to Ben K. and Olivia above.
That all makes sense, then. Is voice chat really necessary, though? In my experience, waiting for people to type is never a significant hindrance to a game, whereas voice really kills the immersion (it also tends to make people shy about roleplaying, or they do it half-heartedly) and gets irritating fast due to all the chatter - especially in a group with lots of players, as this surely will be.

Edited 1431520964
Diana &gt;&gt; Sorry for the radio silence the last couple of days, in the midst of getting settled into a new apt and trying to find out my off days to schedule the game. Aside from no inherently evil classes and archetypes (antipaladin, vivisectionist alchemist, eta...) and I'm looking to start this out with a relatively simple adventure. As long as the class is from the pathfinder books, and 3pp classes I need to research before they meet with my approval. No 3.5 classes as they tend to be a bit more fragile than pathfinder and sometimes far to unbalanced for use without either dying constantly or stealing the spotlight from everyone. Also called shots make up the majority of different areas of gruesome death. And in a couple of of 3pp's I own there is a bludgeoning, and piercing version of vorpal. The effect is the same, arrow throw the brain or just simply caving the skull in.
Krim &gt;&gt; You make a very good point especially if I have to go for a full six person party. Managing the voices in my own head will be hard enough. Juggling them on top of six others will be more of a pain than it should be. Probably best to make this adventure text based.

Edited 1431526975
No problem. Timing happens. And with respect to classes, that's fine. I was just curious to see what was considered out of bounds for picking, although I'm more inclined to pick a non-3rd party pathfinder base or core class anyways. :) I've never done a game where the optional rules 'Called Shots' was integrated. Looking it up and reading about it, it seems relatively clear and a little bit painful. I assume then that "Called Shots" will a relevant part of combat then? I suppose I've always gone with the "abstract" damage and health. Whee~ Text-based~
What will happen to a player and a player’s character upon death? Characters are not allowed to revive so will that player simply be removed from the campaign or will that player have to reroll a new character? Will they have to reroll from level one or come in at the same level as the party? If the player is removed from the campaign and new players needed to be found, I feel that may lead to an inconsistent party where players may not form interesting and lasting bonds in character. Or if the player is the allowed to reroll and has to reroll, I feel like this method will lead to reliance upon creating new characters rather than fostering importance on core characters. Players are less likely to take roleplaying risks that would create a more interesting story both for the players and you, yourself, as the GM. Players would spend less time creating deeper characters with strong ties to your story if players had to create a new character from scratch every time, which leads to shallower characters and a shallower overall story. I ask because I have some concerns regarding permanent death and the use of Called Shots that permanently debilitate characters that may lead to a considerably handicapped character and ultimately a permanent death that would quickly meet these ends.
DM could just hand out death less frequently, like maybe negative HP only starts to tick down after combat is done, and until then they're just out of the fight? I unno.
It's hard to really hand out death less frequently in a game decided by random rolls. One lucky critical, and your character is toast. That's what can be worrying about a game with permadeath, especially when you've invested a lot of time into building said character.
So if I'm correct, Korean standard time is GMT+9, meaning you're 17 hours ahead of me (GMT-8, pacific standard). Luckily this means that you're only 7 hours different in the next day, which is actually manageable for me. So, if you do stuff roughly in the afternoons, it'll be the evening of the previous day for me. Thus, I'm available on Monday, tuesday, thursday and saturday mornings/afternoons (from your point of view). I can still go fairly late, even then, I'm not employed or anything.
This sounds realy interesting I might be up t play given I can learn some more about it. 1. What do you mean by mature exactly? It has alot of different translations, and I dont want to get into anything I might be uncomfortable with. 2. Are there race class restrictions? I think id like to play an Aasamar or Ifrit. As a Cleric, Paladin, Druid, or Bard. 3 What are your current scheduling plans.
Diana &gt;&gt; There is currently no restriction no core classes, I'm not all that familiar with the latest book with the hybrid classes but I have skimmed through it and found no issues. Abstract hp loss is my standard, if a player wishes to take a chance with called shots they need only state that they are going for a called shot. If they pull it off kudos to them and odds are they just pulled off something monumentally. epic. If it fails then nothing remarkable other than a missed shot. My adventures never really end in an arrow to the dragons heart to save the world routine as the chance of failure is to high to succeed without unconventional help. To all questioning the permanent death rule &gt;&gt; I've seen players take the reverse stance of not putting much thought and effort into a character and took greater and greater risks unto utter insanity simply because they knew that they could bring them back with a handful of gold and a quick trip to the local temple. The fear of death is what drives the characters to buckle down actually think about their actions. It helps the game become more immersive instead of like a video game where you just start at the last save point counting down the lives. Permanent death is not meant to be a threat to players. It's meant to bring a bit of drama, reality and seriousness to the game, the bones of many a past hero decorate the lairs of your future adversaries. Not every would be hero makes it, many suffer very painful and gruesome deaths, if you've seen the first and second dungeons and dragons movies characters die and get horribly maimed, it's part of the job description that they take that risk. While sheer stupidity will be met with harsh punishment, I won't go out of my way to pick off the PC's. After all I'm trying to tell a story, the story doesn't amount to much if I kill the players off. Also other healing magic works just fine. Limbs can be restored, flesh mended, diseases/poison/insanity cured. It just won't bring you back from beyond the veil without some severe alterations to form and personality (undeath). Patrick B &gt;&gt; The basic game already deals with mature topics the first and foremost being the killing of another sentient being. When I say mature I mean slavery, drug use/addiction, racism (and the occasional brutality associated with it), gambling, eta... In terms of bedroom shenanigans I do not, I repeat do not roll play into these scenario's. If a character goes off and does whatever with whatever the scene will simply go to the players who aren't currently distracted. What happens behind close doors stays there and I won't have my story turning into x-rated smut. If a player learns anything significant (anything quest related) from said interactions I will let them know and then they can decide if they share the information with the rest of the party. I'm not going to avoid the topic altogether but I will not go into details. The races have no class restrictions, they are spread out through all or most societies and cultures. While some races are located primarily in one area of the world, trade, diplomacy, and wanderlust ensure that you can find any race doing any job, at any station, worshiping whatever they wish. As for scheduling, when I find out which day of the week is my off day I will post it. For everyone playing in the states I will post it as the day before as I am technically a day ahead of you. Timing will use eastern standard time as that's the time zone I came from and its not to far off from my current one, just add an hour and swap the am and pm. I plan on starting about 9am my time which will translate to 8pm EST. The session will last till midnight EST. So roughly 4 hours. I just need conformation from my superiors on what day during the week I have off.
For everyone wanting to know a bit more about the world you will be adventuring in here is the list of deities. More still to come on the setting. The following God/Goddesses, have names both familiar and new. All names are given a proper source to the best of my ability if I did not make it. Ahrufar* - NG - God of the Sun, Light, Healing, King of the Heavens, Patron of Humanity/ HS - Golden Falcon/ FW - Scimitar K'aath** - CE - Goddess of Nightmares, Insanity, Monsters, Fertility, Patron of Demons/ HS - Jackals Head/ FW - Kukri Ah-Ru'ya - CN - God of Dreams, Patron of Kitsune and Sal'Awaan/ HS - Ten Tailed Fox/ FW - Shortsword Amasoo - LG - God of Justice, Magic, Death, Moon, Patron of Jackalfolk/ HS - Jackals Head with a Silver Left Eye/ FW - Quarterstaff Senketnep - CG - Goddess of Mercy, Family, Fertility, Sun, Patron of Catfolk/ HS - Lions Head with Gold Right Eye Nergal*** - CE - God of War, Sun, Deserts/ Golden Lion Head/ FW - Heavy Mace Set*** - LE - God of Undeath, Darkness, Deserts, Blasphemy/ HS - Sha's Head/ FW - Dagger Chupeka - LE - Goddess of Stealth, Poison, Strength, Sports, Patron of Vishkanya's and Nagaji/ HS - Snakes Head with or with out fangs/ FW - Dagger Muka - LN - God of Patients, Temperance, Forethought, Patron of Vanara/ HS - Clapping Hands/ FW - Quarterstaff Jora - CN - God of Curiosity, Afterthought, Patron of Vanara/ HS - Gripping Fist/ FW - Battle-axe Xylin**** - NE - Demigod of Magic, Cannibalism, Patron of Undead/ HS - Skull/ Quarterstaff Iblis*** - LE - God of Treachery, Blasphemy, Patron of Asura's/ HS - Black Eagle/ FW - Scimitar Ahriman*** - NE - God of Destruction, Darkness, Ex-patron of Suli, Patron of Div's/ HS - Shattered Pyramid/ FW - Earthbreaker Ahneus - LN - God of Earth, Wealth, Civilization, Patron of Shaitan Genies and Oreads/ HS - White Jewel/ FW - Club Jekateus - LE - God of Fire, Royalty, Power, Patron of Efreeti Genies and Ifrits/ HS - Burst of Flame/ FW - Scimitar Himokas - CN - Goddess of Water, Fertility, Travel, Patron of Marid Genies and Undine/ HS - Wave of Water/ FW - Shortsword Vihainen - CG - Goddess of Air, War, Vengeance, Patron of Djinni Genies and Sylphs/ HS - Gust of Air/ FW - Falchion The Woman in White - NG - Wife of Ahrufar, The Mother of Souls/ HS - None/ FW - None The Voice of the Desert - N - Deity of Nature, Deserts/ HS - None/ FW - Quarterstaff HS - Holy Symbol FW - Favored Weapon * - Name from DnD 3.5 Sandstorm ** - Name from the Fangs of K'aath book series by Paul Kidd (Very good, I recommend this be on every humans reading list) *** - These names are from mythology so I may use them as I see fit with no copyright issues. **** - Alas I cannot remember the name of the author and the site from which I found it is no longer in service. If you are reading this nameless author then I thank you for the inspiration for this figure in my campaign.
I guess for me, I’ve played in fewer campaigns and don’t really see that as much. I suppose in that case, I’ve been luckier in that either people build characters very thoroughly regardless of the death rule if only because they desire a more fleshed out character or the character was very shallow in terms of personality/biography/etc… depth but did not play with the idea that if they died, they could just be revived. All in all, the cost of being revived is very expensive especially early on, but I’ve noticed that pathfinder scales well with respect to the fact that… yes, eventually the price is not very expensive to be revived. However, when it’s not very expensive anymore, the chance of crit-deaths by one or two good shots is just as quick and easy to match the price of being revived. But I like that I’m hearing you’ll have a good focus on story since there are GMs that just do dungeon crawl after dungeon crawl after dungeon crawl pointlessly to no end. This means there’s hope to chat and plot with you about character goals to weave characters into the story that you are putting forth and such. :) I find it makes me as a player feel more involved and excited for each session. Also, yay for EST! Having 8PM-12AM EST works well for me most days… although Saturday nights and possibly Friday nights will enter into conflict for me.
8-12 is 5-9 for me, so keeping in line with that couldn't be easier. The particular day may have some conflicts, but I can weasel out of them I'm sure.
The weekends enter into conflict with my schedule and with when everyone will be awake, so I'm looking for the game to be someday during the week. And since this will be taking place for me in the morning, if I go over time and everyone needs sleep please let me know so I can wrap up the session for the evening. I have played 12 hour game sessions before and if I'm not warned on the time I may keep going without meaning to.

Edited 1431736092
My weekend is pretty busy as well, so no problem there. Tuesdays and Thursdays (which should be your wednesdays and fridays I think?) are also tricky for me, but again I can manage. My sundays (your mondays) are also fine.
I'm going to refer to my EST time and say Monday through Thursdays 8PM-12AM are free on a normal basis. I'll notify you in case by case situations like in July, I'll be heading to a conference for about week so regardless I'll miss a session, although if Olivia and Ben are around, they are welcome to mod whatever character I have just like I would do for them if you would allow that or they could just sit out for that week...
I have no conflict with these times. ^_^ And that works for me.
Hello there. If you've still got a bit of room, would be happy to join the party and help you flesh out the world. A more Arabian/Egyptian/Hindu theme of game would honestly be really neat. Time wise, I'm Central. I'm usually good Sunday, Friday nights, if the 8pm-12am EST slot is the best. (My Sunday, your Monday, my Friday, your Saturday) I was curious about your jackal race, interesting DM designed races tend to be fun. As for a particular class, I usually just try something fun or fill in for any roles that need filling. If things are already a bit full or times don't really work, no problem. Can only check with things, see how they go.
Ok. The campaign page is officially up, all relevant campaign data will be posted there. The first topic of course is the gods of this world. Seeing as a general list with portfolios and favored weapons really isn't much to go by I plan on writing a few of the portfolios every couple of days to help you better understand the world till I have them all up. So as a thank you to all of you who encourage and want to be part of this campaign, I'm letting all of you decide which pair of deities I put up. I know there are 19 deities but popular vote should whittle them down. Take your top three give them between 1-10 and I'll do the results of whichever two deities score highest. if third place has a tie then I may do three or I may just do two. All depends on how much time I have available.
my votes are on Ahrufar, Woman in White, and Voice of the Desert.

Edited 1431825446
I vote Ahrimann(10), Nergal(7), and the Woman in White(8).
Ahrufar (9) Amasoo (10), and Woman in White (6) Also, as you were mentioning there is very little on this setting area, Al-Qadim was a 2nd edition (and some in 3rd) D&D setting based entirely in a Persian style environment. Just mentioning as it might have useful stuff for you.
Will all the gods exist or only the top two or are we just voting to see what god profiles go up first? Vihainen (7), The Voice of the Desert (10), Amasoo (8).
Will you have some kind of Google doc or Journal pages up for campaign lore and settings when you're ready? Or will we always try to refer to this board? (Just checking because I don't know how temporal the rolld20 boards are). Amasoo (8), Jekateus (7) and The Voice of the Desert (10).
Ah I'm very interested in being a part of this should you be looking for more players!
Amasoo 26, Voice of the Desert 25, Woman in White 19, Ahrufar 14, Ahriman 10, and a three way tie between Nergal, Vihainen, and Jekateus at 7. The winners by a landslide Amasoo and the Voice of the Desert. Check on the Campaign page for their profiles tomorrow.
Ok the portfolio for Amasoo is up, the voice of the desert will go up some time tomorrow, please remember that comments and post go here and not in the campaign folder. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1960357/the-randasha-pantheon#post-1968801" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1960357/the-randasha-pantheon#post-1968801</a>
Ok, realy all i was worried about was the game going into the area of smut.
That link does not seem to work for me.
Me neither. I think you have to actually invite us to the campaign or we can't look at it.
Oh technology, why do you hate me. Ok I'll get the portfolio posted here till I can solve this mess.