Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest Check - Eclipse Phase: Per Aspera (Once a week 19:00-22:00 PST)

esampson
Pro
Sheet Author
Since I can’t seem to find an active game running I thought I would check to see if there are people interested in an Eclipse Phase campaign. I can commit to running a game once a week with an availability of most nights except Wednesdays. The current plan is for the campaign to be focused around Titan Autonomous University . There would be a strong leaning toward exploration (gatecrashing, investigation of phenomena, etc.) although some adventures may be focused on other events such as solving a murder, catching a spy from one of the inner system hypercorps who is stealing University research, or stopping an exsurgent infection. Players would need to create characters who could reasonably be involved by the University during exploratory scenarios and so would be teachers, graduate students, or support personnel that the University might employ to assist the academics (I’m certainly open to other concepts people might have as long as it would make sense for the University to send you through the Pandora Gate. These are just the obvious concepts I can think of). This would not be a Firewall based campaign. That doesn’t mean that characters can’t be members of Firewall, just that you should not assume that all the characters will be members of Firewall nor will Firewall be deploying the characters on a regular basis. There will certainly be the possibility of receiving orders from Firewall related to things that are going on but Firewall will not be the prime motivator for the majority of adventures. At least this is the current plan. I am a very strong advocate in the theory that the players and storytellers should be working in cooperation to tell good stories. Depending upon the feedback I receive right now it is entirely possible that changes will be made. Interested in playing an Eclipse Phase game but not sure that this will be your cup of tea? Leave a reply anyway. Just state that you have a different preference. I can’t guarantee that I’ll change the concept of the campaign for you but what I can guarantee is that if you don’t leave any reply the odds that I’ll change the concept to something you would enjoy goes way, way down.

Edited 1431658495
I'm interested. I have the quick-start pdf. I've only skimmed it, but I'll read it if I end up in the game. Weekday nights would work best for me. Ask me any questions you have. Jubal Freeman Edit: The biggest problem for me would be the time. I'm on the east coast.
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. I have a super muricial AGI hacker with lots of Academics in the 70s. 2700 Hrtz has the secret goal to become a seed AI. (I dont care if that is achievable, but its their driving motivation.) Super hacker. It uses alpha forks of itself to assist itself in hacking. Starts with infosec in excess of a 100. Any day of the week is fine.
Sounds interesting. Assuming the timing works out. been a while since the last attempt I was involved with so Will need to remind myself what all the feilds on the sheet are and all that, No solid plans for charachter becuase of that. but, one or two ideas kinda drifting around at the edges of reccolection
I'd definitely be up for it. Pretty sure I have those hours free 7 days a week, and I have a fair number of characters just lying around thanks to games that never got off the ground/just messing with some of Transhuman's random generator's more challenging-to-rationalize results. Off-hand there's the predictably sleazy cat-burgler/smuggler/Trojan horse pleasure pod, upbeat young demolitions expert, and a 70 year old intellectual type who's quite blase about resleeving after a lifetime of being weirdly prone to fatal accidents. So, take your pick.

Edited 1431679830
I'm always interested in Eclipse Phase games. This sounds great and it fits my schedule. Titan is a pretty cool place, no pun intended. I'd have to do some thinking before deciding on a character concept.
I have never played this and I am a SUPER NOOB but if your okay with that I'm in
null said: I have never played this and I am a SUPER NOOB but if your okay with that I'm in Character creation can be pretty thick for a new player. However I've found during play that it runs rather smoothly and fast.
I am very much into this game if you have a spot. I usuallu prefer to GM but this game sounds great! Have not played the system but looks like fun. Thanks and good luck!
esampson
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, seven players within twenty four hours indicates to me that there is more than enough interest, so I've started putting together the game. You can find its listing and details pages below. I'm still working out the specifics for the game. I've included a couple of posts on the game's forum to let people know about rules modifications I am considering and my interpretations of the setting. Feedback on the posts is much appreciated. If you don't like what I'm writing let me know and we can talk about it. None of this is really set in stone. The currently set date is purely so that the game will be listed. Post what days work best for you and hopefully over the period of next week we can work out which day we will play, people can get their characters created, and we will be ready for a game the week after that. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/25311/eclipse-p" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/25311/eclipse-p</a>... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/830053/ec" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/830053/ec</a>...
You might want to put more information in the listing. Only people who've joined a game can see the details.
esampson
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks.
You can count me in.