Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5/23/15] Dungeon Master League: Roll20 for GMs - Learn how to GM with Toothless!

Edited 1432358444
Date: 5/23/15 Time: 1:30 PM PST - 3:30 PM PST, up to 4:00 PST for Q&A Players: 1 / 6 (Emile I.) Hiya everyone! It's me, Toothless again, back running another Dungeon Master League session. This is a small group I put together to help both new and veteran DMs with roleplaying, offering articles, tutorials and sessions, resources like maps and music, and a friendly community to ask questions and get together with. In this session, we'll be learning how to set up a campaign as a GM, including Journals and Character Sheets, Maps, tokens and bars, the basics of macros, as well as tips and secrets on how to utilize it to the fullest of your ability. If we have time, we'll also hop over to the Mentor Playground set up by Pat S., and see the fun toys that Supporters and Mentors have at their disposal! Spectators are more than welcome if spots run out! I'll try to record this session on Google Hangouts or Twitch, so that any of you who misses it can check it out and watch later! If you are interested in joining, just post below! Thanks!
Still looking for interest! We have a few hours until gametime, if you're looking to learn how to GM on Roll20, shoot me a PM or post below!
I would love to. Unfortunately, I am working today. Please keep me posted as to when you might hold another one.
Canceled for now. I'll try it again next time, thanks for the interest!
I am in if you decide to run this at a different time.
I'm in for next time!
Interested in joining the next session.
I would love to do this. I really want to learn about linking the actions from the character sheets to the tokens and the best ways to make things move smoothly.
Want to start learning how to DM on roll20, so i am definitely in next time you try this!
Sweet! I've added all ya guys to the group! It appears there's a LOT more interest in this during the later hours, so I'll definitely take that in-account next time I do this. Do you guys prefer weekends or weekdays? I could do either, since I'm in summer now, woop woop. ^.^
I work 12 hr shifts that rotate days. when you can set the next one I will be there.
if you still have a spot I would like to be a part of it as well, thank you :)
Send to both of ya. xP
If you recorded the event, can you share the link? This seems really, really interesting. Thank you. Z
Yes! Please definitely post the link to the recordings :)
Zackery M. said: If you recorded the event, can you share the link? This seems really, really interesting. Thank you. Z Steven Y. said: Yes! Please definitely post the link to the recordings :) Nope, it didn't happen, sorry guys. >.< But we will be hosting more sessions soon along this week, and I'll definitely set it up and record it then. Thanks for the interest! Do you two want to be added to the campaign if you haven't already?
Hi , My name is Zeeshan Ashraf. I have not previously played this game but i have learnt a great deal about it through research ,some things about me i tend to be a hard working individual , i am very cool minded , also this is not for the first time me playing games online i am on 34 level on Dota 2 and play more games on steam i know this is be very different from those games but if you can give me a chance i think i can prove myself to be very useful. Hoping to see you guys in the games Best Regards
zeeshan a. said: Hi , My name is Zeeshan Ashraf. I have not previously played this game but i have learnt a great deal about it through research ,some things about me i tend to be a hard working individual , i am very cool minded , also this is not for the first time me playing games online i am on 34 level on Dota 2 and play more games on steam i know this is be very different from those games but if you can give me a chance i think i can prove myself to be very useful. Hoping to see you guys in the games Best Regards Hiya there! I'm glad you're interested in tabletop! It really is an awesome experience, and so much different from video games because of the sheer amount of freedom. If you'd like to learn how to be a DM, I set up a post for today's session at 3 PM PST if you'd like to attend. If you want to learn as a player, which would be MUCH easier especially if you're new, I can add you to my other campaign where we run one-shots weekly, so you could learn tabletop first before trying to tackle on the harder task of DM. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2014944/5-slash-30-slash-15-dml-roll20-for-gms-learn-how-to-gm-with-toothless#post-2016598" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2014944/5-slash-30-slash-15-dml-roll20-for-gms-learn-how-to-gm-with-toothless#post-2016598</a>