Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LF-Game EST, no late nights. want for hard-mode sandbox.

Edited 1432405960
i am very sick of games where i hear things like "i'm not looking to think, i just want to have fun" or "there is no place for morality in this kind of game" (i've heard this one a lot but it was most annoying when we were in-fact talking about mob-psychology). I want a real sandbox game, where the GM expects the plaeyrs to poke and ask questions and tell stories. i want a game with consequences, that either requires a high standard for character concepts or requires that your concept be distraction-free. either we are tied into the game world, or we are bland with a single goal, but no self encapsulated stories that don't involve other players. I want to get into IN CHARACTER fights with other players about what to do with the treasure, one where we fight about what's right to do with it, and where we both have good arguments. i want a world where when the cops arrest me, i get to learn about there local police system. can anyone help me out?
Good luck.
thankyou
You know, it might be worth considering becoming a GM yourself. That's what I ended up doing after playing so many games with lame GM's that didn't measure up to my standards.
i've GMed for almost 20 years across the country. I have.... if i went into it... i'd only be bragging. suffice it to say, I am burnt out. i can't GM anymore. I can't handle teh preassure. i need a break. my own group fell apart about 5 yeas ago. I will Gm again, but first i must regain my strength. i must bide my time. sooon.....sooon.... in the mein-time, i'm rearing to go. i'm down for all sorts of nifty concepts, i'm really comfortable playing in something unique and campy with no real depth, so long as there is depth of them and storytelling. i just want something well thought out, engaging, and unique. i know it's not an easy thing, but i'm hoping to find some other RP enthusiasts as idealistic as myself.
I am currently looking to GM for the first time in such a world like the one you are looking for, sadly its a late night saturday night game.
How late is late? I'm trying to get players together for a game that fits your description, and although I would aim for 11pm cutoff, if we're in the middle of something, I'd let it go to midnight.
i could handle an 11 (12 grace period) game. the computer is in the bedroom, and i'm married so it's not just about my staying up byt my wife needing to sleep as-well. that being said... going to 12 occasionally wouldn't be a dealbreaker. can you tell me a little about your game, scotthammer?
It's a Star Frontiers game. This means hard-science science-fiction which is why I love it, although there is FTL travel and some other alien or advanced technology that isn't explained deeply. But no mental powers, or magic, or other science-fantasy stuff ... unless you get a GM who adds it in. The rules have been out-of-print for probably 25 years. You can find them for free online, but I expect I'd need to teach most people the rules anyway. Regardless it's pretty simple to play, so it's not a big deal. Link for more info: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/759933/st" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/759933/st</a>...