Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

True20 Sciance Fantesy Campaign

Edited 1432504362
I am a fairly green GM looking to run science fantasy campaign using the True20 system. I will only be initially I will only be using assets found in the core book. Only using relatively original races (Don’t be expecting anything too radical at first). Here’s a quick Q&A for interested parties. What do you mean by Science Fantasy? Well their Science Fantasy is a pretty broad term so I figure its best for me to explain what I mean. I mean a fantasy world with space travel. All your traditional fantasy concepts next to all your delicious Sci-Fi Goodness, As of righting this paragraph I haven’t fully worked out everything but I will be attacking a word document with a brief rundown soon. Just know it’s basically going to be traditional Swords and Sorcery in SPACE!!! Knights, Wizards, Space Cowboys, ect. You know your average Tuesday. When will you run the game? While my schedules flexible I plan to run the game during the weekends on Saturday or Sunday night, I live in the (U.S) Central Time zone if that helps. How many players are you looking for? Around 4-6. I will not take on more than six players, and wont run the game with less than 3. What will the focus of the game be? I want to run something along the lines of a crew of Outlaws with hearts of Gold doing what it takes to maintain their lifestyle while looking to accomplish their Personal goals yes I know cliché, but I will actually be looking at your characters pasts to start carving out a sort of plot while you play through a fairly episodic campaign. That being said… What will be required of you? I would like any interested players to come up with a compelling an interesting character with a basic back story and personality profile. While it doesn’t have to be anything ground breaking I’d like to see more than “I’m a chaotic Evil Rogue who likes to get drunk and try to pick up alien chicks”. Here’s an example. “I am a Drathan Priest disowned by my family do to my religious views, I am looking to avenge the monastery where I received my training against the political officials who eliminated it and its priesthood. I am introverted, thoughtful, and while compassionate I can be closed minded and stubborn.” All that being said their will be a fair amount of emphesis on humor so have fun with it. If after reading all that you’re still interested please post below and I’ll get in contact.
I am interested, while i'm fairly new to RP games i've played a little D&D and am a quick learner (i haven't played any True 20) and pretty easy going. If you do let me join my schedule is pretty flexible Saturdays and Sundays would work great for me also. I'm on AST which i think is 3 hours ahead of you so it shouldn't make to much of a difference if i do get to join :).

Edited 1432532031
I would love to have you. Here's what you will need to know about races. Races &Backgrounds I will be using homebrewed rules for this, players will have two backgrounds one a racial background and two a occupational background. I have tried to balance out all the racial backgrounds so they will add up to 0 points so pick wisely, You may pick almost any occupational background in the book, just run it by me first, furthermore if your occupational background lacks skill bonuses such as those found in the sci-fi chapter or somehow overlaps with your racial please tell me so that I can make the necessary adjustments. Their will also be soem unique racial occupational backgrounds if your interested. Travelers “Well that’s just great! Now I have to shoot you in the face.” – Joseph Smith Anderson Captain of the Exodus Overview: Calling themselves “Hoo-mons” Travelers are a race of “fleshy” brown skinned primates from a world destroyed by the life cycle of its star. Seeking refuge amongst the stars the Travelers journeyed in stasis aboard three ships the Genesis, the Exodus, and the Revelation. In hopes to Terraform and colonize a new world only to find it already inhabited by another species. After an Awkward exchange the Travelers decided it would be best not to make enemies out of the technologically advanced inhabitants of the planet, and with little hope left found themselves forced to acclimate to the rules of their new reality. Now a race of space fairing nomads on a quest for a new home, the Travelers use their now significantly more impressive fleet of ships to search for a new home world. Customs: Travelers where overly reliant on technology long before the death of their home world, a strange trait for a species so fearful of synthetic life, furthermore despite having brought with them a varied number of religions from their home world, they as a culture seem baffled by the very existence of magic. Ability Modifiers: -1 Con. Bonus Feats: Adaptation (Low Gravity), Iron Will. Favored Feats: Improvised Tools, Jack of All trades Kit “Love thy neighbor with a side of beans” –Kit Humor. Overview: The Feline Kit hail from a warm mostly tropical and arid world, and possess a thin coat of fur, Catlike eyes and noses, as well as, Lynx like ears, and long tails. The Kit are a deeply spiritual people who feel a closeness to nature, so much so that Kit believe through communion with nature they can connect with their Deity Asisse, the all spirit. Furthermore Kit are a fiercely independent and traditional culture, going as far as to found the Coalition of Independent Worlds in an effort to maintain their independence from foreign authority. Customs: Kit traditionally make use of living ships, are Matriarchal, Polygamist (One man and three wives, despite a culture primarily run by women), and practice cannibalistic burial rituals, not made better by their tendency to have dark senses of humor that inevitably lead to them making jokes about said cannibalistic burial rites. Ability Modifiers: +1 Dex. , -1 Int. Skill Bonus: Search. Other Traits: Dark Vision 60ft. Unique Backgrounds: Asikira (Allseer), Shadao (Dark Watcher), Besetr (Ship Master). Dratha "LONG LIVE THE FEDERATION!" -Uninspired last words of a Drathan Patriot Overview: Dratha are an amphibious race of aquatic mammals, hailing from the same world as the Kit. With smooth blue grey skin, pitch black eyes, and a mouth full of sharp teeth, Dratha come off as a grim natured and malicious species. However that is not always the case, just most of the time. Dratha believe that one must dominate nature in order to survive and have little reverence for the natural world, furthermore prominent Drathan culture believes one must devote oneself to the greatness of their society as a whole and reject independence and the concept of gods. It is to that end that the Dratha have formed the Federation of “Democratic” Planets so that they might spread their superior customs to the rest of the galaxy for its own good. Customs: The Majority of Dratha live in service to the federation whether they like it or not, indoctrinated and trained to take on a role of their nations choosins, Dratha live their lives for the Honer and glory of the federation in hopes that their children may someday surpass them. In addition most Dratha are taught to despise the Kit whom exiled them from their original home world. Issites: Issites are a Drathan counter culture that continues to worship the Deity Iss despite its illegality. The Issite belief system is not dissimilar from that of the Kit, if noticeably less cannibalistic, and Monogamistic. Its worthy of note that Issite Monistaries are allowed on the Kit/Dratha Homeworld. Ability Modifiers: +1 Int, -1 Wis, -1 Chr. Other Traits: Dark Vision 60ft., Amphibious, +8 to Swim (Can take 10)*, Hold Breath (Allows the creature to hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 20 plus 4x its Constitution.) Unique Backgrounds: Void Watcher (Issite Monk), Rouge Enforcer, Federation Spy. Ullgoth “Blood of the Ancestors!” –Popular Ullgothi Expletive Overview: A reptilian warrior race Hailing from a nearly uninhabitable wasteland planet, Ullgothi tower over smaller sapient species their chiseled hairless bodies covered in gleeming green or orange scales, looking down with ferocious reptilian eyes as they smile sinisterly their sharp tusks jutting out from the sides of their mouth. Even Ullgothi religion reflects their savagery most Ullgothi follow a vicious form of Ancestor worship, believing that the spirit of their ancestors lives on in their blood. The Ullgothi where unwittingly unleashed upon the galaxy by the machinations of the Federation who hoped to use the savage race as a foot soldiers, and while that effort did achive some small measure of success most Ullgothi chose to make use of stolen Federation technology to take their bloody conquest to the stars! Customs: Most Ullgothi spend their time pilfering the vessels of anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path, However there are those who have set their sights to more civilized enterprise as gangsters. Even Ullgothi Blood Shamans are known to live amongst Ullgothi raiders raiding and pillaging alongside their savage brothers. Still not all Ullgothi are bloodthirsty savages or vicious gangster, after all every litter has its runt! Federation Ullgothi: Still the federation was not without success and there are many Ullgothi living happily as the blunt instruments of the Federation. Ability Modifiers: +1Str, -1 Int, -1 Chr. Favored Feat: Rage, Diehard. Other Traits: +1 Natural Armor Bonus, + 2 Natural Attacks, -2 Cold Resist, +2 Heat Resist. Unique Backgrounds: Berserker, Blood Shaman, Any Drathan. Ifzir “You take my eye, I take your EYES, and your fingers, and your toes, and your left nipple for good measure” –Tani Udanu Ifziri Ambassador. Overview: Hailing from a world without a moon the Ifzir where forced to evolve the expansive underground of their world. A small species in possession of vestigial horns pointed ears, thin fleshy tails with a small tufts of hair at their tips, orangeish skin and a healthy respect for mischief. Ifzir Posses an uncanny sense of awarness that seems to border on clairvoyance as well as a unique empathic nature, that seems to carry over to Ifziran religion, which seems to revolve around what they call the six prime emotions Anger, Joy, Sorrow, Fear, Resolve, and Desire. A Passionate, prank loving people with a strong sense of tradition the Ifzir enjoy life to the fullest and normally associate with the Coalition or Ullgothi Cartels. Customs: Ifzir love lies, they revel in trickery, and savor deception. Well to a point, so long as it’s all in good fun the Ifzir will put up with anything, laughing at a good prank even if they were its victim, though loath to let it slide, after all one good turn deserves another does it not? Though as empath’s Ifzir will be the first to say when a jokes gone too far, and are known for being very sympathetic to those in need. While many find the race to be a nuisance anyone who has earned ones favor will not find a more stalwart or reliable comrade, as whether it be in vengeance or friendship Ifzir will return it in kind tenfold. Ability Modifiers: +1 Chr, -1 Str, -1 Con. Bonus Feats: Uncanny Dodge, Second Chance. Favored Power: Heart Reading. Other Traits: Dark Vision 60ft., Small (get a +1 to their Combat bonus due to their size (they’re small targets, while normal-sized targets seem big to them), and a +4 bonus on Stealth checks. They suffers a –1 penalty on Toughness saves, however. A Small character’s carrying capacity is three-quarters of that of a normal (medium-sized) character and a Small character generally moves about two-thirds as fast as a medium character.) Unique Backgrounds: Nim Keel (Soul Healer), Asta Vii (Yarn Spinner), Oda Danara (Fortune Teller/Priest) Judic Lore: A telepathic race of fleshy grey skinned primates much like Travelers, with pointed ears, relatively slender figures and elegant faces that Travelers are known to find attractive. Judic are on the whole are obsessed with balance and upholding the structure of society, Worshipping seven gods chief of which are Uld God of Balance, Vrill Goddess of Creation, and Nill Goddess of destruction. Judic are also known for their use of Ull Va Dill simple geometric tattoos created from glowing ink that are present on most all parts of the body. Despite all of this the Judic are a cool minded people with a logical outlook on life, and a somewhat disturbing nearly mechanical personality to reflect it. Known as a shrewd and fair people the Judic are both the founders of and the most prominent species found in the Interstellar Republic. Ability Modifiers: +1 Wis, -1 Str, -1 Chr. Favored Powers: Mind Touch, Psychic Shield. Android-Synthetic Lore: While rare due to the arguable immorality of creating sentient machines for the express purpose of enslaving them to your will, Androids do exist. They are often looked on with discomfort and mistrust especially by Travelers who seem to have had less than pleasant dealings with sapient androids in the past. Info:Currently I do not have the materials required to allow synthetic player characters. However if someone is willing to do the work and find the materials necessary to allow for such characters I will allow for such a character. If you ahve troubel reading this please tell em.

Edited 1432538064
Like the guy before me I've never played True20 but am eager to learn. As for a character sample, that shouldn't be too hard. "My name is Charn Ignis. I'm a pretty simple man who is simply trying to make his way through the galaxy as quickly as possible. As a Traveler and a Merchant my one goal is to line my pockets with money and my stomach with anything that'll intoxicate me. I was raised on the Revelation but life on a ship is a bit too cramped for my taste so I left at the first opportunity and have been seeking my fortune ever since keeping my ties loose and my moral codes nearly nonexistant."

Edited 1432531445
Be Glad to have you aboard. Quick note the Genesis was the Science vessel containing most the Scientists and their families, The revelation was a military ship housing soldiers and their families, and the Exodus contained Philosophers, Theologians Artist, Ect. and their families. All three ships did contain a significant number of civilians and workers however, so that might not matter. Just figured you ought to know before you made a final decision on that. If your having trouble finding what you need to make a character online just ask me. The realy funny thing about your character description is that your gonna end up spending a good deal of time on a much smaller ship than the Revelation, I hope to hear alot about that, LOL!
Patrick B. said: Be Glad to have you aboard. Quick note the Genesis was the Science vessel containing most the Scientists and their families, The revelation was a military ship housing soldiers and their families, and the Exodus contained Philosophers, Theologians Artist, Ect. and their families. All three ships did contain a significant number of civilians and workers however, so that might not matter. Just figured you ought to know before you made a final decision on that. If your having trouble finding what you need to make a charecter online just ask me. I have the Pdf for the handbook but if you could maybe walk me through character creation it would be appreciated.
I can if you'd like. Do you have skype?
Yeah, it's live:thespianbrony
If you have the Bestiary, the Simulacrum template may be what you're looking for (or at least a good starting point) for your android characters. It does have a level lag of 1, but I've used it quite successfully for an alien android NPC.
Hi, Your campaign seems really cool. I've never done True20 before but am willing to learn. "I am Rh'ollo Nazadar a wandering shaman. I was raised on the Kit home world and from an early age felt a deep connection to the planet around me. I have always been seen as quite aloof by those I come across with a very lighthearted spirit. I see all of these as strengths however and shall continue to travel the world on what some have called a blasphemous mission to seek out the deities living in the worlds besides our home world."

Edited 1432539912
Hi Hunter W. You have a cool idea just one issue Asisse is the All Spirit not the World spirit. Think more like the force rather than the earth mother. So Assise is the creator of and living embodiment of all things. Like the spirit of all living things in all the multivurse. While Kit do hove other religions I don't think world spirit worship works for them as the life on a planet is more important to them than the actual planet itself which they see as more or less a hunk of rock. The earliest Kit Religious beliefes revolved around teh sun so maybe you could work with that.
Oh ok, That is groovy. He's pretty much a free spirited wanderer trying to get enlightened through Asisse.
I would love a chance to play another game of True20. I only played a single one shot, but I have most of the books and have reviewed them extensively. Is there nobility in your universe? I am considering a face type character and a noble could open doors the other might not be able to. I am thinking of a male version of Inara from Firefly except maybe without the companion for hire part.
Depending on what time you play, I'd be very interested in this campaign. I am relatively new to the Role Playing world, but have a few games under my belt, and am a very fast learner, if you're a willing teacher. I'm thinking a skilled Traveler doctor. Overly curious, tinkerer, fixer. Obsessed with, and respect for, alien anatomy, life, and traditions. Tends to lose them selves in their work. More of a 'misunderstood genius' then 'mad scientist', they lost their right to practice at a reputable establishment when they saved a life threw not so traditional means. I already have a game on Satuday nights, and would be able to play on Sunday Night, after 11pm est. I understand if this is to late, but I live in AZ and we are in PST time.

Edited 1432593910
well I we can see about the time it seems like alot of the other players may be night owls too. But 11 PM is pretty late so IDK. IM in CST which shouldn't be that far off. We are playing on Sunday though as I am going to be playing supers games on Saterdays. I realy would like you to play as we realy need a healer and Eccentric Doctors who enjoy experimentation realy crack me up. Is it wrong that I find body horror hilarious?
Patrick B. said: Is it wrong that I find body horror hilarious? I don't think so. ;-)
what the heck did you say for your post to get deleted?
I deleted it myself.... I meant to hit edit, and deleted it instead, and the browser on my phone was being weird... And let's just pretend it never happened.
What happened?
It was just being weird so I just deleted it and started over. That's what I get for trying to do this on my phone instead of using my computer.
-_- Nvm...