Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player Directory Question

I saw in a post that someone asked how to get yourself into the player directory, a Roll20 team member (Pat) replied that you need to click on your profile and fill in all the blanks. I noticed that the list isn't very large. For example, I noticed that "Toon" (the cartoon based role playing system) isn't on the list. However, one of the blanks is the 'System" I will be using (Pathfinder, D&D etc). This (might?) be an issue, since I am creating my own system to play with, currently called FIGS (Free Infinite Genre/Gaming System). This brings up a few questions 1-Do you 100% need to choose a "Actively Seeking Group For..." system in order to be in the player directory? 2-How do new systems get added to that list? Thanks for the help!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Captain, according to the information listed under that section it will automatically add you to the directory unless you have selected to 'opt out', i would suggest adding your 'Actively Seeking Group for' as 'Other Games' if you can't find anything that will fit, that way you'll definitely be in the directory :) As for new systems to get added, i believe that is done on system popularity and prevalence of campaign and is updated by the Devs as they see fit.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
From what I understand, new systems are added when there are a decent number of games using that system running. Fringe games and games with low popularity/game saturation aren't added to the list, and instead use the "Other Games" listing.
If a game IS on that list, does that mean it has some type of integration somewhere? (Character sheets, auto forms, dice mechanics, grid set up etc etc)

Edited 1432736382
Roll20 is built to be system agnostic. It's set of features don't change game to game, and are flexible enough to meet most game mechanics out there. Being listed (as opposed to being 'other') is just a sorting/searching feature for the Player Directory and Looking for Group tools when looking for a game. Character Sheets are community-driven, created and maintained by players voluntarily, rather than the Roll20 dev team. Everything else is built-in to all games.
Captain N. said: If a game IS on that list, does that mean it has some type of integration somewhere? (Character sheets, auto forms, dice mechanics, grid set up etc etc) If a game's on the list, it only really means that there's population... which often correlates with character sheets and dice mechanics, but isn't always the case. As Mark G. said, the character sheets are community-driven overall, so there's no guarantee that a sheet exists for a game, even though there might be enough people playing the game that we make it a Directory / Looking for Group listed option.