Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Also Can't Hear Jukebox Again

1433658803

Edited 1433659064
RSO
Plus
Jukebox bugs strike again! Repro: 1. Load up a session that has at least one music entry, as a GM 2. Move to the music tab. 3. Press play on the music entry. 4. No sound will play. (Additionally, no sound plays when searching for music) This time, the problem persists even though I've cleared my cache and disabled all addons. Web Browser: The problem spans across browsers (Firefox and Chrome) but continues to run fine on Internet Explorer. Browser Versions: Firefox 38.0.5, & Chrome 43.0.2357.81 m OS: Windows 10 Insider Preview, Build 10130 Javascript: Enabled Anti-virus software: None Extensions or plugins: None Error log on Firefox (I can get the Chrome log, too): Content Security Policy: The page's settings blocked the loading of a resource at self ("script-src <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> 'unsafe-eval' <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> https://*.doubleclick.net <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> https://*.firebaseio.com <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> https://*.opentok.com <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> editor:12:0 Content Security Policy: The page's settings blocked the loading of a resource at self ("script-src <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> 'unsafe-eval' <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> https://*.doubleclick.net <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> https://*.firebaseio.com <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> https://*.opentok.com <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> editor:13:0 This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] featuredetect.js This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] jquery-ui.1.9.0.custom.min.js This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] app.css This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] firebase.1.0.15.js This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] base.js 70 app.js:29:6753 "TOUCH SUPPORTED: false" app.js:29:31881 "USING WEBGL ACCELERATION..." app.js:29:32702 "WEBGL STARTUP SUCCESS" app.js:29:33291 This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] tutorial_tips.js This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] collect "select" app.js:24:24098 "Switch mode to select" app.js:24:25944 "Initializing new dice engine with randomness..." app.js:39:27628 "Using random entropy" app.js:39:27705 "Compiling sheet..." app.js:42:13961 "Finding sheet rolls..." app.js:42:14889 "window resize" app.js:43:20547 "Final set zoom!" app.js:30:12319 "UPDATE GL SIZE!" app.js:29:26431 "Final set zoom!" app.js:30:12319 "tuts loaded" tutorial_tips.js:7:1 Use of attributes' nodeValue attribute is deprecated. Use value instead. app.js:42:0 This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] ruler.png This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] newlogo-med-whitetexxt.png This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] transparent.png "Final page load." app.js:35:21682 "Auth'ed." app.js:35:6338 "Go post auth!" app.js:35:6535 "Scan for new plays!" app.js:35:20829 "initial setup" app.js:35:6680 "refershing page listings!" app.js:38:2016 "Got players value..." app.js:35:6922 "joining game..." app.js:35:12662 "Refresh Journal List!" app.js:41:31311 "Search took 11ms" app.js:41:30163 "I think I should be first?" app.js:33:22833 "FIRST PLAYER: -JptsXhkk3Bi4Pffgd0x" app.js:33:22909 "Player -Jpv0jeuZe-xagmxhJLi is offline..." app.js:33:22318 "Player -Jq09WLOsv8omum-YyzY is offline..." app.js:33:22318 "Player -Jq16mOVkkZGIi0IYHG2 is offline..." app.js:33:22318 "Player -Jqf4fAoGHWeFcnfrVQF is offline..." app.js:33:22318 "Deferred finish joining..." app.js:35:12752 "Firebase Online" app.js:29:8059 "Full load page!" app.js:32:30599 "We have 18 pages" app.js:35:7652 "Scan for new plays!" app.js:35:20829 "handle page changes" app.js:35:8192 false app.js:35:8273 "refershing page listings!" app.js:38:2016 This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] volumebar.png "Do refresh link cache!" app.js:31:25972 Loading mixed (insecure) display content " <a href="http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs40/i/2009/014/1/2/The_Night_Sky_by_Levviathor.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs40/i/2009/014/1/2/The_Night_Sky_by_Levviathor.jpg</a> " on a secure page[Learn More] jquery.min.js:2:0 Loading mixed (insecure) display content " <a href="http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/161/9/e/fantasy_tavern_interior_by_whatyoumaydo-d5313im.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/161/9/e/fantasy_tavern_interior_by_whatyoumaydo-d5313im.jpg</a> " on a secure page[Learn More] jquery.min.js:2:0 Loading mixed (insecure) display content " <a href="http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/202/5/b/the_dark_plains_by_elicenia-d582xav.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/202/5/b/the_dark_plains_by_elicenia-d582xav.jpg</a> " on a secure page[Learn More] jquery.min.js:2:0 Loading mixed (insecure) display content " <a href="http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/225/6/8/the_golden_plains_by_noahbradley-d46e4am.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/225/6/8/the_golden_plains_by_noahbradley-d46e4am.jpg</a> " on a secure page[Learn More] jquery.min.js:2:0 Loading mixed (insecure) display content " <a href="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/Kwintt/first-flush.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/Kwintt/first-flush.jpg</a> " on a secure page[Learn More] jquery.min.js:2:0 Loading mixed (insecure) display content " <a href="http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/203/3/d/Sleepy_Hollow__Church_by_kidy_kat.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/203/3/d/Sleepy_Hollow__Church_by_kidy_kat.jpg</a> " on a secure page[Learn More] jquery.min.js:2:0 Loading mixed (insecure) display content " <a href="http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2011/097/f/d/castle_hallway_by_lordsilmi-d3dh0kg.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2011/097/f/d/castle_hallway_by_lordsilmi-d3dh0kg.jpg</a> " on a secure page[Learn More] jquery.min.js:2:0 "init active page!" app.js:35:11663 "activate page!" app.js:32:32761 "FULLY ACTIVATE VIEWS FOR PAGE." app.js:33:75 "initiatlizing video chat" app.js:41:17020 "Connecting to WebRTC" app.js:41:17538 "Cols: 2 Rows: 1" app.js:28:15032 "Took 18ms to generate cache." app.js:28:15708 "Graphics: 1" app.js:32:31940 "Paths: 0" app.js:32:32136 "Refresh Journal List!" app.js:41:31311 "Search took 39ms" app.js:41:30163 "Reorder by ZORDER" app.js:33:2687 "refershing page listings!" app.js:38:2016 "Reorder by ZORDER" app.js:33:2687 "Updating character sheet values" app.js:36:6528 Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery.min.js:2:0 This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] ClientEvent "Updating character sheet values" app.js:36:6528 This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] 2_MX4yNjYxNzQ5Mn4xMDguMTYyLjI0NS4xOTF-MTQzMjI2ODk3NDg1MX5iSDFFUUpUOWw3b1JGZ2NMOTZJY0c5d2h-fg This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] ClientEvent This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] ClientEvent This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] rumorwebsocketsv2 This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] ClientEvent "Connected to session" app.js:41:19132 "Someone just connected." app.js:41:20440 "It's us?" app.js:41:20542 "Someone just connected." app.js:41:20440 "It's us?" app.js:41:20542 This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More] ClientEvent "Scan for new plays!" app.js:35:20829 Loading mixed (insecure) display content " <a href="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/80001852/stream?client_id=bbee575fe431e873910d2a874e013989" rel="nofollow">http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/80001852/stream?client_id=bbee575fe431e873910d2a874e013989</a> " on a secure page[Learn More] editor GET <a href="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/80001852/stream" rel="nofollow">http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/80001852/stream</a> [Mixed Content] [HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily 603ms] HTTP load failed with status 403. Load of media resource <a href="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/80001852/stream" rel="nofollow">http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/80001852/stream</a>?... failed. editor "Scan for new plays!" app.js:35:20829 [Addendum] I opened up that "302 moved temporarily" packet, it's redirecting me to <a href="https://ec-media.sndcdn.com/sqiJaHqrI7b9.128.mp3?b" rel="nofollow">https://ec-media.sndcdn.com/sqiJaHqrI7b9.128.mp3?b</a>... which is indeed a 403-forbidden. Additionally, if I manually navigate to <a href="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/80001852/stream?client_id=bbee575fe431e873910d2a874e013989" rel="nofollow">http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/80001852/stream?client_id=bbee575fe431e873910d2a874e013989</a> , I do get the music correctly and don't get redirected.
Have you tried deleting history and cookies too? I imagine you have but I just want to check before proceeding.
1433809550

Edited 1433809566
RSO
Plus
I have. I noticed that clearing my cache wasn't forcing me to log in again and then did a more thorough purge. No change in behavior.
Hmm, this is an odd one. Does it only affect you or does it affect your players too. Is it still only happening in Firefox and Chrome?
1433903072

Edited 1433903551
RSO
Plus
It is still only happening in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. Internet Explorer continues to work (but doesn't render character sheets correctly). Project Spartan also works, except that I can't upload things to my map because drag-and-drop is not supported yet. It is not affecting most of my players, however, one of my players upgraded to the Windows 10 Preview and it immediately began affecting him as well, vindicating my earlier suspicion that it is a Windows 10 compatibility bug. Earlier, I had brought my computer in to my office and from there it appeared to be resolved, so it may also be location-sensitive. As a workaround, I can keep an IE window open (and signed into the campaign) in the background to play the music, while I GM from Firefox, and my player can do the same.
1433960865

Edited 1433962223
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If the issue is location sensitive that actually narrows it down quite a bit. That means it's very likely an issue with your router's firewall, a DNS issue, or an issue with your ISP blocking certain content. Do you have any way of testing via a tablet or other computer on the same conncetion to see if it's connection dependant?
1433993062

Edited 1434004196
RSO
Plus
I do not; this is my only home computer. It plays just fine through Internet Explorer and Project Spartan, though, which I expect would rule out ISP issues. There appear to be three at least three factors. 1. Browser, verified both ways. Firefox and Chrome both have problems. IE/Spartan work fine. Changing browsers removes/restores the problem. 2. Location, possibly. Or there may be another difference between my home and work networks that caused it to work there and not here. I'll bring it in again tomorrow and poke around again on my lunch break. 3. The Windows 10 Insider Upgrade (either operating system or drivers). I started seeing this problem immediately after upgrading to Windows 10, and I have a player who's experiencing identical symptoms after updating as well. Running Linux Mint in a VM and connecting through that doesn't help, though, suggesting a possible driver or other low-level software issue. I'll try setting up an actual dual-boot over the weekend. In the meantime, I dug a bit more into the requests/302's: Firefox sends the following request Host: api.soundcloud.com User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 Accept: audio/webm,audio/ogg,audio/wav,audio/*;q=0.9,application/ogg;q=0.7,video/*;q=0.6,*/*;q=0.5 Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5 Range: bytes=0- Cookie: _session_auth_key="/doAKc5KtEZPIc6DysOX2SbNnxI="; sc_anonymous_id=627276-105967-898999-427233; web-ver=2; __qca=P0-1810909084-1433813410995; __utma=179375142.1090808774.1433813411.1433910797.1433990315.4; __utmz=179375142.1433813411.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); __ar_v4=GSVL33MLN5C4JIDKUU3JG4%3A20150609%3A10%7CFTVEKELR5JCDFJWQGOA6RL%3A20150609%3A10%7CLPOMAQI2N5C7FN7NHBBAGF%3A20150609%3A10; __utmc=179375142 Connection: keep-alive Chrome sends the following request Host: api.soundcloud.com Connection: keep-alive Accept-Encoding: identity;q=1, *;q=0 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.124 Safari/537.36 Accept: */* Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8 Cookie: _session_auth_key="/doAKc5KtEZPIc6DysOX2SbNnxI=" Range: bytes=0- Spartan sends the following request (IE's is identical, except for the User-Agent string) Accept: */* Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Accept-Language: en-US, en; q=0.7, ja; q=0.3 Cache-Control: no-cache Connection: Keep-Alive Cookie: _session_auth_key=/doAKc5KtEZPIc6DysOX2SbNnxI=; sc_anonymous_id=241941-583080-743013-612529; web-ver=2; __utma=179375142.1900337265.1433911179.1433911179.1433911179.1; __utmz=179375142.1433911179.1.1.utmcsr=app.roll20.net|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/editor/; __qca=P0-2146954639-1433911179174; __ar_v4=%7CLPOMAQI2N5C7FN7NHBBAGF%3A20150610%3A1%7CFTVEKELR5JCDFJWQGOA6RL%3A20150610%3A1%7CGSVL33MLN5C4JIDKUU3JG4%3A20150610%3A1 GetContentFeatures.DLNA.ORG: 1 Host: api.soundcloud.com Pragma: getIfoFileURI.dlna.org Referer: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/</a> UA-CPU: AMD64 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.135 Safari/537.36 Edge/12.9600 Firefox and Chrome both receive a redirect of length 225, which contains the string "bmi_MfsTid=9315684003711277144&" while the redirect Spartan receives is of length 200 and does not contain that argument. With that substring removed, all three redirects are the same out to 115 characters. The redirect location received by Spartan works, and (if entered quickly enough) can be loaded by Firefox or Chrome as well. Firefox and Chrome receive bad redirects.
Did taking it back to work solve the issue?
Yes. I am still able to hear the jukebox from work. I was hoping that I'd be able to get more information by digging into the HTTP requests from there, but I didn't see anything different. I received a similar-looking redirect, but Firefox was able to view it (with 206) rather than not (403). Notable differences between browsers which may be related: Spartan and IE receive response 200, not the 206 received by Chrome and Firefox. Also, Spartan and IE do not cache music. If I play, stop, play again, they send another request, while Firefox and Chrome will hang onto the music and not re-request it after a successful Get unless the page is refreshed.
1434553995
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Can you provide a screenshot of the network tab from the developer tools?
1434610067

Edited 1434610092
RSO
Plus
Sure. This was from: -Loading the page -Opening the developer tools, network tab -Refreshing the page and waiting for it to load -Playing and stopping the first track on my playlist three times.
1434643313
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It looks like the Sound Cloud API is returning 403. We see this often as an issue with their cookies after visiting the Sound Cloud main site. Try clearing out all of your cookies for the browsers that aren't working and try again without going to the Sound Cloud site first.
1434921065

Edited 1434921159
RSO
Plus
I went one more than that and reinstalled my entire system from scratch. Since the reinstall, I have not visited Soundcloud's main site at all. Symptoms are unaffected. Still can't hear the jukebox in Firefox, but can in IE and Edge. Haven't re-installed Chrome or Opera to test them.
At this point I can't help but think it is a networking issue taking place somewhere between your home and us. Perhaps something to do with your ISP. I'm not what I can do to help you at this point. I tested Roll20 on my friends computer who has the windows 10 preview and it worked well there. I'd recommend digging around in your network/firewall or potentially contacting your ISP to further try solving the issue. I do apologize for not having much to help solve this issue.
1435085163
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
One other thing you might try is creating a fresh profile on Firefox. Firefox's user profiles store many different settings, and if they are web backed (which I believe they are), they they might pull down settings which prevent the sound even after reinstalling.