Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[6/8/15] [5E] [9:00 PM PST] These Dice of Mine -- Survival/Wasteland -- Hardcore

Edited 1433805176
Date: 6/8/15 Time: 9 PM PST Players: 3 / 4 (Cary B., Chode, Hunter R.) (Still looking for more players!) Hiya everyone! Once again, I'll be running These Dice of Mine, a difficult, and challenging oneshot for all of ya out there, greately inspired by This War of Mine by 11bitstudios. Newbies and vets are both equally welcome, as it will be your choices and your luck which will make this game hard, not your knowledge of 5E. Players will be scavenging for scarce resources such as food and water, equipment to better themselves and their hardships, hideouts to create safe refuges, as well as of course, weapons and armor to defend against the snipers and other looters in the city. There will be many moral dilemmas, and no good choices to take. Players are always free (and highly encouraged) to be creative, but being creative doesn't necessarily mean surviving. This is a modern game setting with little/no magic, and with none in the player's hands. You are not an adventurer, nor are you built for this life. You are a survivor. The few spellcasters you may encounter will be exceptionally powerful due to your low HP and AC, even with their low-leveled spells. However, firearms always do a nice job evening out the playing field. xP Character Creation has been vastly streamlined to take 15-20 minutes to complete! These Dice of Mine also include various more houserules to enhance (mostly make your life worse) the survival experience. These include: Injuries Illness Rest Variant -- Gritty Realism Medicine Skill changes with Healer's Kit Besides this game tonight, I'll also be running two games Tuesday, at 1:30 PM PST and the other at 4:30 PM PST. Hope to see you guys there!
Hello, my name is Cary. I've been playing for several months now, and I have served as a DM in two different games. I believe in role-play first and foremost, both in character creation and gameplay. I would be honored to join your game, it sounds like one of the more interesting concepts I've come across. Do you have room for one more player? I can take any role necessary. I have several character concepts ready to go, or I could build a new one.
I'm a new player (still holding out for my first game, actually), though I've spent the better part of the last two weeks reading player handbooks and watching people play tabletop RPG games on Twitch.tv. Because of the challenging aspect of this game, I'd understand if you'd prefer players with at least a little bit of experience. However, if you do happen to accept me, I'd prefer to play one of the Tuesday games, preferably the one at 3PM
Hi there - I am really looking forward to see how you adapt This War of Mine for this setting. Its going to be fun. Just to be sure - I am in GMT and this game is going down like in 2 hrs from now right? Or am I wrong...? Thanks
Cary B. said: Hello, my name is Cary. I've been playing for several months now, and I have served as a DM in two different games. I believe in role-play first and foremost, both in character creation and gameplay. I would be honored to join your game, it sounds like one of the more interesting concepts I've come across. Do you have room for one more player? I can take any role necessary. I have several character concepts ready to go, or I could build a new one. Sweet! You are going to love this one-shot then as well as my DMing, as there's a HUGE emphasis on roleplay, so I think you'll have a ton of fun. Just to give you a bit more info about that though since you're asking about roles, there are NO classes, merely Attributes and Proficiencies. And your Attributes are randomly rolled and picked in the order you roll them, much like real life. Some people will be more talented than others, but that does NOT mean they will survive longer. If you'd like to hop in now and roll your character, then have a full day to work out a character concept that's cool with me. ^.^ 1 second, I'll send ya the link. Colin M. said: I'm a new player (still holding out for my first game, actually), though I've spent the better part of the last two weeks reading player handbooks and watching people play tabletop RPG games on Twitch.tv. Because of the challenging aspect of this game, I'd understand if you'd prefer players with at least a little bit of experience. However, if you do happen to accept me, I'd prefer to play one of the Tuesday games, preferably the one at 3PM Hiya Colin! Welcome to tabletop gaming! Sure, totally, ya got the Tuesday spot. I'm changing it to 1:30 PM PST and 4:30 PM PST to get two games in during the afternoon. Which one would you like? Hisham T. said: Hi there - I am really looking forward to see how you adapt This War of Mine for this setting. Its going to be fun. Just to be sure - I am in GMT and this game is going down like in 2 hrs from now right? Or am I wrong...? Thanks Hiya Hisham! I'm looking forward to it too. xD I actually haven't played the game, I just saw it mentioned in an Extra Credits video, watched like 15 minutes of gameplay, then ran with it using my brother (who played it) as an aid. I'd totally love your help in adding new features and making it better after the game! Nope, unfortunately, it will be starting (at your time) 4 AM, which is terrible, I apologize. I'd try shooting for one of the Tuesday spots, 1:30 PM PST or 4:30 PM PST.
Still got room in the timeslot tonight?
Chode Hensen said: Still got room in the timeslot tonight? Yup yup, we could use another! Go ahead and hop in, I'll add ya if you want to build your character early.
Sounds like a lot of fun! I've got no experience in D&D but I love role playing and the expression "moral dilemma" I have to admit gets me a little hot and bothered XD Id love to play tonight if there's room if not, Tuesday should work. I'll be home in about an hour and can't wait to jump into char creation.
Hunter R. said: Sounds like a lot of fun! I've got no experience in D&D but I love role playing and the expression "moral dilemma" I have to admit gets me a little hot and bothered XD Id love to play tonight if there's room if not, Tuesday should work. I'll be home in about an hour and can't wait to jump into char creation. Sure, we'd love to have ya onboard! I'll shoot ya a link, and you can come build your character real quick for tonight. Trust me, it's really easy.
Heading out, I'll be back a half hour before game time if anyone else wants in! We still have 1 slot left + any backup/spectator ones!
still lfm?
Andy M. said: still lfm? Yup yup, we do! Ya up for it?
two of us are looking to play, if we both can't--by buddy can and i guess ill watch
Andy M. said: two of us are looking to play, if we both can't--by buddy can and i guess ill watch Hmm... go ahead and bring ya both along. If someone can't make it at the last second, or join anyways because 5 players in the party would be pretty sweet (just have to amp up the killing percentage xP). ^.^ I'll shoot ya a link, pass it over to him please!