Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[6/9/15] [5E] These Dice of Mine -- Survival/Wasteland -- Hardcore

Edited 1433890322
Date: 6/9/15 Time: 1:30 PM PST Players: 4 / 4 (Jim F., Hunter R., RMcD, Hisham) Date: 6/9/15 Time: 4:30 PM PST Players: 3 / 4 (mitch h., Colin M., David) Hiya everyone! Once again, I'll be running These Dice of Mine, a difficult, and challenging oneshot for all of ya out there, greately inspired by This War of Mine by 11bitstudios. Players live in a besieged city where they must scavenge for food, water, supplies, and weapons, along with other survivors trying to accomplish the same tasks. During the day the snipers come out, and during the night, other survivors and looters begin roaming and searching buildings. There will be many moral dilemmas, and no good choices to take. Players are always free (and highly encouraged) to be creative, but being creative doesn't necessarily mean surviving. You are not an adventurer, nor are you built for this life. Character Creation has been vastly changed and streamlined to reflect this, and should take around 15-30 minutes to do. These Dice of Mine also feature various more houserules from the Dungeon Master Guide to enhance (mostly make your life worse) the survival experience, most notably the addition of Injuries, longer Short/Long rest times, and disease. If you have any questions, feel free to post here to ask. Thanks!
I'll be down for the 430 session

Edited 1433859412
mitch h. said: I'll be down for the 430 session Sweet, added! If you could stop by now or around 12 PM PST to build your character along with us, that'll be a huge help for me, and get more gametime to you guys. If not, just show up a half-hour before gametime, and that'll work too, although last time we did that we went a half-hour into session finishing characters. x.x

Edited 1433860852
I might be up for this. Been a while since i played a game. And this kind of deal looks interesting for me. I can show up for the game whenever. Either at 4:30PM for you (That's 11:30PM for me. GMT MASTER RACE ) or some other time.

Edited 1433861564
Epic J. said: I might be up for this. Been a while since i played a game. And this kind of deal looks interesting for me. I can show up for the game whenever. Either at 4:30PM for you (That's 11:30PM for me. GMT MASTER RACE ) or some other time. Sure, sounds good man! I'll reserve a spot for ya just in-case ya think you want it. If we don't get enough people in the 1:30 one, I might push the 4:30 one to like 3, and give you guys an extra hour and a half of playing if you want it. Trust me, when we start playing, I think you'd want it. xD This one-shot gets really immersive, really fast.
And now I feel bad. Something came up. I cant join. I'm sorry
Epic J. said: And now I feel bad. Something came up. I cant join. I'm sorry Sure, no problem Epic! xD This is definitely my most favorite one-shot/campaign so far, so I'll be running it again for ya to join.
I might keep my eye open then. Hopefully I can join some other time.

Edited 1433862149
I would be down for the 4:30 session. Let me know what I need to do for character creation. This sounds really interesting!
Epic J. said: I might keep my eye open then. Hopefully I can join some other time. I'll shoot ya a link to my campaign so you'll be notified whenever I run games. xP Jim F. said: awesome! thank you Yup, no problem! Which timeslot would you like to pick? Also, since you're a DM, I'm running something called the Dungeon Master League, a small community of DMs helping each other improve their craft and such. Ya should join! We have a lot of great resources and experienced people here, so they can answer any questions/problems ya have, or just to talk to and have fun.
I can actually do either time slot, and I would love to join you small community of DMs. Do you have a link?
Jim F. said: I can actually do either time slot, and I would love to join you small community of DMs. Do you have a link? Sure, sounds good! We could use some people in the 1:30 game (as we only need 3-4 people to run it well xP) if that would suit ya well. I'll shoot ya a link to both games, 1 second. If you could come in early right now to do your character, that would be awesome. ^.^ Just to make sure we get it out of the way for later.
can do
Put me down for the 4:30 slot as well!

Edited 1433863694
Never played War of Mine but very curious about this homebrew. Sign me up for the 13:30 one, is it right that there is 3 hours of playing?
RMcD said: Never played War of Mine but very curious about this homebrew. Sign me up for the 13:30 one, is it right that there is 3 hours of playing? Added, sounds good! If you want to join in, we're doing character sheets now to get the most out of our time. Yup yup, should be 3 or so hours, although we have to cut it slightly short (2.5 hours) for the next game.
Dude - I just might pull an all nighter to catch one of your games! They sound like a lot of fun! Darn timezones...
are you guys on now?
Hisham T. said: are you guys on now? Yes, we are actually! Go ahead and hop in! We're making characters, so if ya ever make it, you can use it. xP
Hisham T. said: Dude - I just might pull an all nighter to catch one of your games! They sound like a lot of fun! Darn timezones... XD They are actually a lot of fun. It's sooooo~ emotional and immersive, it's creepy as heck.
Yo. There still openings? Because I have a Fighter already made up if there is.
If so, shoot me a link to the campaign and I'll hop in
Zachary B. said: Yo. There still openings? Because I have a Fighter already made up if there is. Yup yup, there are! There's a custom character creation though, homebrew, so you can hop in and do that with us now. Which time?
I can hop in right now if you want. And the earlier one would be best.
Zachary B. said: I can hop in right now if you want. And the earlier one would be best. Sorry, the early game just filled up, shoot! 4-man parties work best because there's so much to do in this one-shot. The next game is open though, and I will be running this again this week, maybe tomorrow or Thursday at the same times.
This game will be streamed (hopefully) on Twitch, so if you'd like to watch, just click below! <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/rmcd94/" rel="nofollow">http://www.twitch.tv/rmcd94/</a> Also, we're still looking for more players in Game 2! Thanks!
I'd probably join the second game
David said: I'd probably join the second game Awesome, sounds good! We should be full now hopefully.
Everyone in the second session go ahead and join in now, we're doing characters.