Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[6/11/15] [5E] [1:30 PM PST] These Dice of Mine -- Survival/Wasteland -- Hardcore

Edited 1434042428
Date: 6/11/15 Time: 1:30 PM PST Players: 4 / 4 (Cary B., Hyde, Bromorin, Daniel C.) Hiya everyone! Once again, I'll be running These Dice of Mine, a difficult, and challenging oneshot for all of ya out there, greately inspired by This War of Mine by 11bitstudios. Players live in a besieged city where they must scavenge for food, water, supplies, and weapons, along with other survivors trying to accomplish the same tasks. During the day the snipers come out, and during the night, other survivors and looters begin roaming and searching buildings. There will be many moral dilemmas, and no good choices to take. Players are always free (and highly encouraged) to be creative, but being creative doesn't necessarily mean surviving. You are not an adventurer, nor are you built for this life. Character Creation has been vastly changed and streamlined to reflect this, and should take around 15-30 minutes to do. These Dice of Mine also feature various more houserules from the Dungeon Master Guide to enhance (mostly make your life worse) the survival experience, most notably the addition of Injuries, longer Short/Long rest times, and disease. If you have any questions, feel free to post here to ask. Thanks!
Hi, I saw your post about this in another thread, this sound really interesting but I've only played Edge of the Empire and homebrews so I'm basically a noob when it comes to anything different. The time is okay for and I'll be able to make it each session. So if you're willing to coach me through the start until I can work it by myself I'd really appreicate you messaging me or replying on here. Thanks

Edited 1434036491
Hyde said: Hi, I saw your post about this in another thread, this sound really interesting but I've only played Edge of the Empire and homebrews so I'm basically a noob when it comes to anything different. The time is okay for and I'll be able to make it each session. So if you're willing to coach me through the start until I can work it by myself I'd really appreicate you messaging me or replying on here. Thanks Hiya Hyde! Thanks! Chode, the co-creator and I really spent a lot of time on this especially yesterday, so it's great to see people enjoy it. ^.^ Yeah, sure thing man, I'd love to come by and walk ya though everything. ^.^ It's based off 5E, so the system is surprisingly streamlined and pretty easy to pick up once you get started, as well as the use of macros to speed everything up. I'll shoot ya a link in a second. I can help ya create your character in an hour or so, will ya be avaliable then?
Yeah sure is skype okay? Just message me what you need and it'll be good.
Hyde said: Yeah sure is skype okay? Just message me what you need and it'll be good. Skype works, if ya prefer, yup. ^.^ Go ahead and shoot off your Skype name in my PM. We can either start it now using text (as it's still only 8:30 AM where I am x.x), or in 30 min - 1 hour using voice, what do ya think?
Hi, I interested in joining your game but I am new to roll20 and tabletop RPG. I know the basic rules from watching others play but never played myself. Not sure if you are looking for new players but I am a fast learner and just want to enjoy the experience. Thank you for your consideration
David L. said: Hi, I interested in joining your game but I am new to roll20 and tabletop RPG. I know the basic rules from watching others play but never played myself. Not sure if you are looking for new players but I am a fast learner and just want to enjoy the experience. Thank you for your consideration Sure David, that's no problem! I've worked with tons of new players both to 5E and to my slightly homebrew version of it above, so don't worry about feeling newbish or anything. We've all been there, we all did stupid stuff, and we all learned from it, which is always the most important part. The biggest part of this game is roleplay and character interaction, so if you can imagine and put yourself in the shoes of this situation, you'll do amazingly at this. I'll go ahead and shoot ya a link. I'm going to help Hyde do character creation in half an hour to an hour, got time to stop by?
Thanks, yeah I am available at that time
David L. said: Thanks, yeah I am available at that time Awesome, I'll see ya there then!

Edited 1434040804
Hi, Your game sounds very interesting! I have never played any DnD styles game before but I am really interested in trying this out. I have been watching a bunch of DnD content on youtube lately though.
Daniel C. said: Hi, Your game sounds very interesting! I have never played any DnD styles game before but I am really interested in trying this out. I have been watching a bunch of DnD content on youtube lately though. Sweet! I'll shoot ya an invite, go ahead and join in now, we're doing character sheets.
marc l. said: Ow man this looks cool. I know you have 4 out of 4 players, but if I ask nicely can you let 1 more player in? Pretty please? Mm... yeah, sure, no problem. ^.^ I'll shoot ya an invite right now.
Hello mate. Are you still looking for players? I'm quite experienced in tabletops but I'm new to roll20 or any other online RPG service. Let me know if you could add me to the campaign. I'm really looking forward to some role playing.
Basic etiquette of any online forum don't go 4 pages in the history and post on a topic that has have no responses in a week...