Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

3D and Chat Dice Roll are different

1434074139

Edited 1434074635
Often when rolling the 3D dice we get a different result on the 3D visual dice versus the chat log. We use either Firefox or Chrome and either Windows 8 or 7 among five different machines.
Are you rolling via a script or just regular macro's?
I created macro buttons using the script "/roll 1d100" or "/roll 1d20" etc...
1434162203
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's pretty bizarre. Is it only only one person erring different results or everyone? Can you post the full text of the macros?
Next time we play I will take a couple screenshots. I am not sure if we are seeing different results or not.
I just saw this in a major way. I was playing around with rolling characters with /r 4d6d1 and I thought I was going crazy. The numbers on the dice and the numbers in the chat window weren't off by a lot. Usually just 1 die was off by 1. But obviously that creates a huge problem of trust for gamers. I'm on a brand new MBP running Yosemite and Firefox 38.0.5, fully updated. This is a pretty big issue.
Here is a link to a screencast of the discrepancy. It doesn't happen every time, but about 15%-20% of the time. I'll leave this up for a couple days if you want to download it and take a look. Roll20 Devs, lemme know when you've seen it so I can take it down. <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/aka0cugziapxvzq/Bad%20Dice.mp4?dl=0" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/aka0cugziapxvzq/Bad%20Dice.mp4?dl=0</a>
1434468754

Edited 1434468766
John P. said: Here is a link to a screencast of the discrepancy. It doesn't happen every time, but about 15%-20% of the time. I'll leave this up for a couple days if you want to download it and take a look. Roll20 Devs, lemme know when you've seen it so I can take it down. <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/aka0cugziapxvzq/Bad%20Dice.mp4?dl=0" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/aka0cugziapxvzq/Bad%20Dice.mp4?dl=0</a> Thank you John! I grabbed the video and will pass it along to the Devs. Thanks for the follow-up.
1434470885

Edited 1434471340
Thanks John, I was able to replicate the issue on my end and we are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. We should hopefully have it working correctly soon. Feel free to remove the video.
Update: We will have a fix pushed out for this later this week. The results in the chat are still using our Quantum rolls. The bug is an issue with the animation that displays the results. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.
You bet guys. Glad to help. I run a startup in SF, and my CTO has trained me in the ways of bug replication, capture and communication. On pain of death. Thanks for building such a good product. I backed you guys back in the day, and haven't had time to really screw with it for the last, uh, many years. I figured it would be a learning curve nightmare for GMs, like Campaign Cartographer and the old Neverwinter Nights live GM system. But you guys have made the system quick and easy. Please keep that focus. You'll be tempted to add new features nobody uses, like MSFT Word. Please don't. And if you do, please hide them out of sight of us chump users so we can still jump right in really quickly. Keep up the good work.
1435282419

Edited 1435282813
Diffrent problem, same topic. Dice totals are going higher then displayed dice value. IE D20 rolling a 26 without added bonuses. All persons in my campaign are experiencing this but my self. <a href="https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=195f5a08" rel="nofollow">https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=195f5a08</a>... Link to a SS of the issue.
1435293840
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bryan, your link goes to a 403 page, most likely because it's an attachment on an email. Try uploading it to a website like imgur.com, or post the image directly in the thread with the Insert Image button in the Post Reply box.
@Bryan M. your link is 403. I'm going to close this thread since what you are posting is a different issue. Post a new topic with the attached screenshot. Thanks!