Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Limit Player Drawing

In my experience the drawing feature is useful primarily to GMs. As a gm i use it to draw simple impromptu maps when i have nothing prepared, and it serves that purpose well. As a player, i have seen it used to draw a campfire when one is placed. Beyond that, i have seen bored players disrupt the game by drawing all over the place. What i suggest is a system like fog of war where if u want to limit, or cancel player drawing, you can. I would also like to see the ability to give individual players the ability to draw, only in certain tiles. For example if a ranger casts spike growth, i could allow them to draw over the area of the spell. Another implement for individual drawing limitations is that you could have a tavern room area set up during the week/weeks between sessions and give each player drawing control over their room, so that they can immerse themselves in the game during the week. In my opinion, the worst case scenario is that this feature would be rarely used, and the best case is that is would give the players more creative agency, as well as giving GM's more control over rowdy players.
Yeah, I'd like to see that too! And it'd be nice to block some players' drawings, they mess it all up
Gold
Forum Champion
Good suggestion. Note that Pro subscribers of Roll20 can do this, using the Roll20 API and community-created scripts (there is an API script called "DryErase" by The Aaron, already made for this). <a href="https://app.roll20.net/account/supporter" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/account/supporter</a>
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I also recommend treating this issue as a social problem too. Communicate to your players that it is disruptive to play and you'd prefer them not to scribble unless it adds to the game. Repeated abuse could lead to removal from the game but it should never come to that ;) An alternative option is to have a scribble pad page/quarantine area that you can move individuals to when they are getting out of hand... a kind of time out/naughty step for unruly players. Overall though, it would be nice as a built in feature!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .