Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Test Topic From Player

Looks like players can create new topics. And then as GM you should be able to delete this Topic posting.
Understood. As long as no one writes anything objectionable, it should be fine.
Doh! I need to see what I can do to be objectionable!
LOL... you might have to work pretty hard to be objectionable to me, hehe.
What is the times of the game- it is posted GMT, but looks like Eastern Time?
Yes, the games were in Eastern Time, so 3pm to 8pm Eastern Standard Time.  I received your email about not being able to play, and I'm sorry about that... this was the best time I could see getting into.
Sorry about that also.  Real curious about The One Ring RPG and was tempted to pickup the core book.  Missed few other games due to Warhorn. 
I've been working toward having The One Ring converted over to Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play 2nd Edition, because the system presently with the game is pretty horrible, as far as my opinion is concerned.  It reads really nicely while you're going through it, but the game system is, as one of my recent players said, "crunchy".  I think I will need to find some face-to-face tabletop players before I can find out if the system works well-enough at the table.
Just a small update that my conversions are complete, and I've been working on a character sheet, but it's a bit messy as-is, and I'm uncertain I'm going to re-design it.  I'm also having a problem designing the back side of the character sheet, but if I had enough interest, I would finish it quickly.
Well, if you were to run a game set in Middle Earth, I would be interested, regardless of the system used. I've played a campaign using the WHFRP2 ruleset before and have no objections to it.
Harald, good sir.  I'm glad you've contacted me, again.  I was in the shower the other day, where I do most of my best thinking, and found a very simple way, I believe, to remedy one of the problems that I have with The One Ring, namely dice mechanics.  Very simply, it deals with allowing players to have the ability to roll 1D6 along with their Feat die without costing any extra points, or allowing a 6 (aka Tengwar Rune) on a Success die to be anything more than a 6, and this would help with the target numbers in TOR.  The difference is that each Success die is supposed to be an additional rank to the skill being rolled for, meaning you get to roll 1D12 + 1D6 per rank you have in the skill (maximum of six ranks); each 6 (or Tengwar Rune) rolled beyond the Target Number is supposed to allow your character a greater level of success, meaning good things for your character.  Add most of the eighteen skills in the game as cultural base skills, aka half-skills, and allow players to roll that extra 1D6 (without allowing the power of the Tengwar Rune), and you actually have an opportunity to beat the game's MODERATE difficulty target number of 14. Anyway, that being said, and with my mulling over two more ideas to help improve the game, at least as far as I'm concerned for the way I run games, one concerning Advancement and Experience Points, and the other about handling Fatigue and Corruption rolls, I have been thinking about trying to get a NEW game moving.  Character generation for TOR would NOT be changed, except for allowing the half/cultural-skills, so if you already have a character, or want to use one of the ones that was going to be used in my game, here, wait until I call for it, I'll go over it, again, and we'll see about getting the game moving.  I will, also, likely do this on one of the RP forum servers out there, already, such as myth-weavers, instead of my own, as it's become horribly unreliable since my site and domain moved from the U.S. to Sweden. Now, I have been working overtime to put WFRP character generation together in the fashion of The One Ring, and have nearly everything complete, but I think I would like to give my tiny change, outlined above, a chance before I swap over. Stay tuned, sir, you are on top of my list. :D