Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forgotten Realms Epic Campaign

Good evening all :) I'm in the final stages of a campaign I have been putting together for the last 3 months. I just wanted to test the waters and see who might be interested. Some things to note it will be a very long campaign that rewards actual role playing, it's not so much of a hack and slash. I anticipate it should be done within the next couple weeks. I'll be looking for 2-4 players tops. Anyway, anyone who is interested send me a message and we can see if we can work together :)

Edited 1435558665
Hey Franky, Please consider me interested in this game buddy. The real test, for me, will be the time and day you're thinking of running your game. Also even though this is a 2nd edition forum I just want to confirm that you are thinking of using that rule set to run this game. Also what options/house rules will you be using? Will this be text only or are you thinking of using some voice chat software to run this game? Ok, enough of my questions for you, now a little bit about me, so, you know who's applying for a place in your game. I'm an old school gamer (started in 1982 with Metnzer's Basic Edition) and have been playing or running games ever since then. I like games where the players' actions have an impact on the game setting. In general I like to feel like a character in a story instead of a set of stats in an endless combat situation unless we agree ahead of time that it will some kind of military campaign. You can find my gaming resume' here. Thanks for your time Peace --Mike
Hi Franky, What date and time (and timezone) are you thinking of playing? Kind regards, Caine

Edited 1435598881
I haven't picked a date/time yet, but with the exception of Mon and Wed my schedule is pretty open in the evening. A little about the campaign, it is 2nd edition, I didn't think to actually mention that since it is a 2nd Edition Forum. I stick to the rules so that their is not a lot of confusion. The only home brew rule that I add is the ability to increase Ability Scores by using Proficiency points. Since 2nd edition doesn't have a way, and it's really the only rule I think should be in there that isn't covered in any of the books. As for the campaign itself, it's set in Cormyr. Where there is a war between Cormyr and Sembia. It's based very heavy on role playing... there is a balance of dungeon crawling. I give great rewards for creative role playing. There are no tavern brawls, or killing of rats in basements, and there will be times when it's better to run than fight. Healing and Magical items are not laying around in every corner. Weapons and armor require repairs. Buying higher quality equipment will result in more reliable gear.
Oh i'm PST Time Zone BTW. California... Where are you located?
I'm in the UK :( looks like it would be impossible for me to join, nvm, have fun!
I would really like to join being a forgotten realms dm myself. Just out of curiosity what time line is your campaign in?
Franky M. said: Oh i'm PST Time Zone BTW. California... Where are you located? I'm in the central time zone.
@mike: Sonoma County. @kenneth: good question. It's roughly 7 years after the rage of dragons (1373 DR), give or take. Another one of my campaigns in 1372 DR, molded the events for this campaign. So if you are a FR History buff, things will be a little different do to choices players made.
I made good head way last night on the story, I was up late writing. The final touches are being put on the plot and key events. I just have to finish up the "filler" quests and maps, then I'll post a start date. It's taken a little longer since all of my materials are pen and paper. Converting it all to my computer has been time consuming.
It's been a little bit since I posted an update here. The campaign is finished. For anyone who hasn't read any of the above info I live in California ^.^; Here is the campaign info with a short summary: Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms Rules: AD&D 2nd Edition Players: 2-4, Level 1 (No imported characters or items) Game Style: Role Play: Heavy; Combat: Medium Games will be on Tuesday's at 6 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time) The Year is 1373 DR The Sembian Empire is at war with Cormyr.. Sergeant Mcpudd and his squad of Siege breakers, have barely survived the Siege of Thunderstone. The free city of Westgate, holds out and it is here that the Empress of Sembia wishes to extend her influence. Among the petty squabbles of the two nations at war, The gods themselves attempt to pull the strings. Each hoping for an outcome in their favor.
Cool, can't wait to play! What rulebooks can we pull from to make characters?