Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The One Ring - Roleplaying Game

Edited 1435823227
I was wondering if there are people interested on playing The One Ring...? I was really interested getting started, i was even planning on getting the full list of books... Sadly i see that there are no games listed on the ''looking for group'' tab. How is that this game is so unpopular? If there are people out there interested on The One Ring as i am, please leave a comment... **** UPDATE **** The next week, Wednesday July 8, we had set around 1:30 PM (EST), a Zero Session for this adventure. This session will be like a ''pilot'' where players will bring characters ideas and decide the chosen for the campaign, bring ideas for the adventure, expectations check unclear rules and also to help each other making the final touches and perfecting character sheets and so on... Feel free to post here or PM me if you interested on joining us. You can also find the Adventure unter the tab Looking for Group using the filter of ''The One Ring''. (Anyone is more than welcome to join, players that are not familiar with The One Ring and also players that have no previous experience with Roleplaying Games). There are only 2 spots left... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/27291/the-one-ring-a-growing-shadow" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/27291/the-one-ring-a-growing-shadow</a>
Two interested players here, but would depend on what day and time. Also, are you planning on running as the GM?

Edited 1435603252
Thadin said: Two interested players here, but would depend on what day and time. Also, are you planning on running as the GM? Hi Thadin, thank you for posting... Day and time is not a problem as long we on a similar time zone. You on Europe or America? Regarding who is running as GM... To be honest i have not much experience on roleplaying but i find this completly fun and entretaining watching some videos of people doing it, and since i love Lord Of The Rings and i have much more knowledge on the lore than any other rpg out there, i decided to pick this game to get really started , so i made this post to see if there are people with the same interest, so im glad you did answer... I was thinking on running as a GM, i think it would be interesting but for sure not mandatory specially when im not very experienced on this. So if one of you two want you can pick the GM rol.
Hah, unfortunately we've already commited ourselves as GM's for several other games, and would be looking to play strictly as players. My timezone is EDT. I do understand as this can cause problems, but on certain days we're available for longer lengths of time to make things work. If you have an extensive knowledge of the Lore you should be fine as a GM, it's just getting a story you want to tell in place, and then familiarizing yourself with the rules. Going to PM you my skype info for easier communication.
If more people have interest on the LOTR world and would like to join The One Ring adventure feel free to comment. Seems we gonna have this adventure starting soon, we just need a couple more of players and of course finish to read and understand the rule book =D
It's not that it's unpopular here, it's just that other games are MUCH more popular, like Pathfinder, Savage worlds and 5th edition. Usually I have run it, and am one of the very few GMs here that do run it. Once I think it was two years ago, we had myself running it, and another GM running it, but they did not respond to attempts to join theirs. So, I've done three campaigns here. one lasting three months (11 players - that's not a typo, all 11 in game at the same time), one lasting about 8 sessions - 6 players, If I remember, (players with personality clashes fought each other during the game repeatedly so I killed it), and another lasting five sessions 5 players, (players seemed to want more action than narrative, and also many had schedule changes, so I killed it.) I could of course run this, depends on Day and time. Thursday would be my best night EDT Time Zone about 6PM on. I could do other nights, but you'd have to work with me on scheduling, I play in a few games, and also run a Traveller and a Savage worlds Vegas / Zombies thing. I've been a very active poster on the official game forums also, when I am actively running a One Ring campaign. It would be narrative style, using the sheet generator at Azrapse, new characters, per the rules. Combats, skill tests, and lots of narrative XP, also per the rules. Combat is and can be deadly. No house rules other than I am not looking for egotistical spotlight hogs ... leading a party is fine, if you as a player can lead. Yelling at others as to how they screwed up (in a game) is like get the hell out of my game. There's like a really fine line, and I know it can be done. if the feloowship works as a TEAM, this game is like gold. If it's not a team, it's a complete waste of time. .As a GM, I stay neutral and let the dice decide your fate. If you decide to hold the line, while your friends run, and you take a crit, and bleed out and die, they can tell stories of your heroics at the next campfire. I use a lot of music and sound effects when I can find them to add to the narrative. Players must at least try to have an interesting character and at least try to narrate, PER THE RULES. It's not D&D, it's One Ring. Playing it like D&D misses the point. The journey is the goaol. The characters depending on each other is the glue. No XP for combat, per the rules. It happens, but Characters tend to get hurt when it does. So make sure it's for a reason. I have all of the One ring books, plus old MERP by Iron crown modules, plus a full library of Tolkien stuff, and have been a GM for 38 years (I'm nearing 50). This would be a Mirkwood campaign, with roves around to Dale, Rivendell, etc etc the Shire. I also play on Lord of the Rings Online, and I sometimes use screencaps if it ads to the story. I use Skpe, but if someone has a teamspeak server, that works too. I don't like using the in game voice. So there's the offer.
Also if you want to GM, I can assist / Advise. because I'd love to play, but only ever found a GM for this offline. (at hobby stores, where I learned to play it the year it came out. Great stuff.) If you run, I'm a great player, one of the actor / roleplayer types (I am a writer and have produced and worked in independent films).

Edited 1435823217
The next week, Wednesday July 8, we had set around 1:30 PM (EST), a Zero Session for this adventure. This session will be like a ''pilot'' where players will bring characters ideas and decide the chosen for the campaign, bring ideas for the adventure, expectations check unclear rules and also to help each other making the final touches and perfecting character sheets and so on... Feel free to post here or PM me if you interested on joining us. You can also find the Adventure unter the tab Looking for Group using the filter of ''The One Ring''. (Anyone is more than welcome to join, players that are not familiar with The One Ring and also players that have no previous experience with Roleplaying Games). There are only 2 spots left... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/27291/the-one-ring-a-growing-shadow" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/27291/the-one-ring-a-growing-shadow</a>
We are one player short. Feel free to ask for invite on the Campaign page if you interested! Just a few more days to go... :)