Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Unable to roll dice

Not sure exactly how to reproduce this issue as one day it was working and the next it wasn't. I've tried many variants of /r 3d6, /roll 3d6. even tried gm rolls and using the widget tool to roll rather than the chat window. Nothing works for me currently, and others in my game are still able to roll just fine. I apologize if this turns out to be some silly case of hitting a shortcut at some point that turns off my ability to roll, but for now my ability to play is somewhat impaired. Any help is appreciated.  I'm playing in a tabbed window of Chrome on a machine running windows 7 (x64) with all the latest patches.
Hi, Jonathan C.  I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions.  Have you tried another browser and had the same issue?  
1372195422
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Could you go to&nbsp; <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy all the information other than your IP address and post it here. That helps the mods and devs with your problem. Also did you do any installs, updates, or add any plugins from the time it worked till you discovered it didn't work? Usually plugins can cause problems so you might want to disable all your browser plugins and test it out. Also try what Sarah says for it you can use another browser then that allows devs and mods to focus on what happened to the problem browser.
Operating System – Microsoft Windows 7 Screen Resolution – 1920 x 1080 Web Browser – Chrome 28.0.1500.52 Browser Size - 1511 x 986 Color Depth – 32 Bit Javascript Enabled Flash Version 11.7.700 Cookies Enabled Haven't tried a different browser, but did get /roll to work again. I always close my browser and let it save the page to bring it back when I reopen it. So it always opens and loads the game view, rather than going through roll20's home page first. When I went back to the home page and re-accessed the game from there, /roll worked again. I guess it needed that fresh load after awhile? If the problem crops up again I'll add what details I can, just in case the devs can find some way to prevent it entirely.&nbsp; Thank you Sarah for your suggestion! Even if I didn't get around to actually trying the different browser, it directly led me to the solution.
Glad it's sorted out, Jonathan C. :) &nbsp; Definitely let us know if it happens again.
1372278080
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jonathan, does going back to the game directly cause a problem after a few minutes or is it only after hours of inactivity? - Gauss