Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for a few dedicated players for D&D 5e

Details about the world are still being developed, but this story starts in the main city of Heimsong-- one of the 10 Harmonious kingdoms. An unlikely group of travelers will come together and start a new adventure, and must fight their way through political scandal, betrayals, and of course, dragons. They must band together to stay alive, but how much of a price will they pay to get what they really want? In this game, a characters desires and motives drive the plot, and can ultimately change their entire world. It is really all in the players hands. I wish to start a campaign with a group of people who can really get along and mesh as a group. I believe that one of the most important parts of a great game is a group of people who role play together comfortably and easily. I am new to being a DM and am somewhat familiar with 4 and 5e, and welcome new players with open arms. I'm really looking for a group that can learn and grow together. A real team with characters with intricate backstories and complex personalities. We are looking to fill 3 spots for our Wednesday campaign, but thankfully we have not kicked off the official game yet. I do hope to test the waters so we can get comfortable as a group and fall into a groove, but this will of course be discussed as a group. We play every week on Wednesdays at 4pm Pacific time. Day and time is non negotiable, and I ask that only serious applicants apply who know they will be available every game. (Save for the rare occasion) There is no age limit, but I do again ask that only serious, mature role players request in. Do not confuse this with a serious game-- I hope to have as much silly fun as possible (with seriousness sprinkled in, of course) So please, if you are interested, comment with your name/skype name, a bit about yourself, and what you are looking for out of this campaign. I'll drop you a line and we can chat on skype! Happy gaming! xx
I'm interested in this. I live in the UK. Would that be alright for this?
Hey there. My Skype name's Coreporeal, and I'd like to throw my hat into the mix. I just recently made the plunge into 5th edition, so I'd a but more hands-on experience. By the way, how long does each session last?
From my experience a few hours, maybe more.
Hey, I'm a GM here on roll20 for a few years, and have run 2 short campaigns of 5e, and regularly run one shots, because it's hard to find players that want to commit. I am building a 5e campaign for the long haul that launches in August. Otherwise I have run games for decades, sci fi, D&D, all over the place. I have a huge game collection. I'm an actor roleplayer, (and RL actor / producer) who is seeking plots, intrigues, puzzles and skill challenges, combat if need be, but I'm not into hack and slash wading in , because it needs to make sense, to risk your pcs life, not just monster bash dor the goal of XP. So I run games like One Ring, and Game of Thrones. Fiasco, FATE. Star Trek RPG, Savage worlds, with lots of character and background options. Character, I can play anything, but i'm always looking for a cool role. Something that's generally a good guy, with a flaw. I'm generally very serious and focused on my role, and don't usually go for silly from me, which leads me to being the straight man in a comedy Strait man / Comic team. But I have run comedy scenarios via Numenera where it's sort of a silly / crazy game anyhow. Looking for intrigues and plots and schemes and how our moves play out against theirs in medieval espionage, if that's how this is going, I can do that. I often run espionage games, set in modern day. I also like to make and study maps, I often end up making campaign maps for Games like Neverwinter nights, from a sketch by the Dm. I'll say i'm good at it. If you have a cool map, that really makes the setting real for me. Usually I play a rogue, or some kind of cleric. My degree is in cultures and religions. I have of course played most everything out there, but it's more humans than elves, or dwarves, etc. PMing you my skype. thanks for your consideration, Lauren G.
My Skype ID is <a href="mailto:pmtracy224@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">pmtracy224@gmail.com</a> I tend to play my characters with a nice humorous slant. If I'm not the altruistic good guy of the group, I'm the devil with a smile. While I try to be as effective as possible, I will try to do what's best for the story and scene. Immediate example I can think of is grapple checking a huge brute when I'm a small character in order to save a friend. Sure, fireball is effective, but a gnome riding a bulette is gold. I'm familiar with 5e, and am more than open to any rule bends or house brews that come up.