Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG A super hero game for evening EST

So I'm looking to play a super hero I'm mostly looking to play Evening EST.
bumpy
I might be starting one up in the near future with the freshly released Worlds in Peril system. It's Powered by the Apocalypse so it relies a lot on narrative, story driven gameplay. I'll keep you in mind as I move forward.
I'm not too famailr with the system, but I'll keep it in mind.
I have Worlds in Peril book as well and have played lots of apocalypse powered games. Definitely interested when and if the game takes shape.
A superhero system based on the Apocalypse engine? Somehow, that just seems like it would leave a lot to be desired...

Edited 1436133965
See, I've found Superpowers are too hard to adjudicate fairly in a TTRPG with classes or spells. I think the conversation between players and DM that the PbtA systems depend on allows for players to have superheroes exactly as strong as they want them to be while still being put into challenging, interesting, and tense situations (eg: "Sure, Superman, you do have the power to shoot lasers out of your eyes. But you only rolled a 7 so I'm going to offer you a hard bargain. As you fire your eye lasers the BBEG has a split second to react and he throws Lois Lane from the rooftop while jumping out of the way from your lasers. You can either continue your assault on BBEG and put some serious hurt on or you can dive after Lois. You don't think you have time to do both. What do you do?")
What superpowers game uses classes or spells? I've played in zero. I find the Apocalypse systems to be incredibly vague, and several times more difficult to adjudicate than systems with a more definitive ruleset. Apocalypse just seems like freeform with a couple of die rolls to reinforce the idea that it's a "game." It's fine for some games (I run Monsterhearts), but I can't imagine using it for something like superheroes.
Megan Jones said: What superpowers game uses classes or spells? I've played in zero. I find the Apocalypse systems to be incredibly vague, and several times more difficult to adjudicate than systems with a more definitive ruleset. Apocalypse just seems like freeform with a couple of die rolls to reinforce the idea that it's a "game." It's fine for some games (I run Monsterhearts), but I can't imagine using it for something like superheroes. I'm pretty sure that Mutant and Masterminds had some (keyword some) powers work like spells, but I don't have the book in front of me so I'm not 100 percent certain.