Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Age of Adventure: Pathfinder-based community looking for GMs and Players

Hello all, and welcome! Age of Adventure is an idea of a community-based roleplaying group, using the Pathfinder system and operating on a multiple-GM basis. We started this small community because we wanted an active input in developing a world and to create a myriad of stories that can be shared with all of our players. We are relatively new, so still small, but we're hoping to pick up some like-minded people from the roll20 community so that we can grow into something much larger and much more amazing. Our Ideals: - Create a stable and fun-loving community. - Make sure that each player and GM has a voice; where everyone has an opportunity to contribute. - Put roleplay and lore-building above game mechanics. We are currently looking for: - GMs to host games for players. - Staff members to administrate and moderate our forums. - Content creators : writers, artists, video makers, whatever your creative tendency. - ... And of course, players ! People who want to create characters to get immersed in the world that we create. We appreciate those who have a similar vision as us; who want to develop a community of players that enjoy playing tabletop games for the love of story and character progression. We have no intention of playing Pathfinder as if it was a game, but we all want to see it as a collaborative story. The love of a tabletop game came from the feelings of excitement when you would be gathered around a table with friends, using your imagination to create something amazing and have a laugh while doing so. Anybody that shares these feelings, or has a similar goal to us are more than welcome to the community. What we offer: - Scheduled sessions hosted by several GMs. - A community forum for out-of-session roleplay and lore development. - A constantly expanding setting with content created by GMs and players alike. - A friendly and creative environment with dedicated staff, to ensure everyone has a good time. The Setting: For many millenia, the world of Tethis has developed with the help of the gods and goddesses. But as the world continues to thrive, the conflicts of the deities perpetuate... So as much as Tethis continues to grow, it shoulders the burden of these conflicts. Gods and Goddesses wage war on the realms of mortals and it is the mortal races that suffer the most. Continents have sunk, lands have been swept by decay and the very ground erupts with shards of rock the size of mountains and fiery volcanoes. Monsters, mutants and other things that go bump in the night (or the day!) roam in uncivilized lands. For the past century or two however, Tethis has known peace and the nations are starting to grow once again. But there's always trouble brewing somewhere... As the kingdoms are bound by rules and regulations, they are less flexible to combat particular threats to their lands and their citizens. It has been unanimously agreed, that the time of the adventurer is now close at hand. In Fayhaven, great city at the heart of the continent of Ezaris, it now plays host to two starting adventurer guilds. The Ruby Pheonix and the Sapphire Dragon make their home in Fayhaven, and through a few select rules and regulations, they explore the lands and complete quests/missions assigned to them. They have far more flexibility when it comes to the law, but they are still bound by their sponsors and benefactors. You decide which guild to join, you decide what you want to do, and you decide how you want your guild to grow. We do have a few rules to follow: - Don't be an asshat. We don't like powergamers, minmaxers, metagamers, munchkins or trolls. - Try to be consistently active. - GMs word is Law! While GMs and Staff are lenient and open to ideas, we do not want players to constantly dispute a final ruling. So if you've liked what you've read so far and want to consider joining us, here is how to go about it: Check our forums: <a href="http://ageofadventure.freeforums.net/" rel="nofollow">http://ageofadventure.freeforums.net/</a> Staff member skype usernames: Michael - michael.walker1994 Jared - leverette7 Alex - zupernam Gaston - sethwinternight Feel free to contact one of the staff members (or myself), register onto the forums, or just comment here expressing your interest.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
A review of your site makes it appear that your site is only for play by post and you have no games to be hosted on Roll20. Is that the case?
Play by Post is an optional feature for players who want to be able to roleplay outside of scheduled sessions. So while Play by Post is a thing, we do have organized sessions.
Bumping up the post for more people to see.
If you run games via Roll20 I am all in for this!
We run games solely through roll20, so no worries there :)
Seems legit. Could hold some promise, so I think I'll check it out.
By all means take your time to get to know some of the players in our little group. We have no rush or expectations; only that we're in accord to be nice to eachother and make things fun.
Bumping up! The more the merrier :)
Update: Thankyou to all the people that have shown interest. Our little community is growing, slowly but surely. We're now on the lookout for more GMs and content creators to match the playerbase. Our metaphorical doors still remain open for anyone interesting in joining us; be it a player, GM, writer, musician, artist, or whatever :)
This looks like fun, but you might want to consider an alternative layout. My resolution is 1920x1080, and it's too big for the background image, which ends up getting pushed to the left side of the screen and causes any white text on the right side to be obscured.
Hmmm... You might want to try lowering your screen resolution, 'cause that seems a bit big to me. We'll take it into consideration though.
My monitor is 2hype but yeah, an alternative theme would be cool
I'll see what I can do, but I'm not so sure if proboards allows a multiple theme selector. Also bumping up the recruitment drive! GMs would be greatly appreciated :) Thankyou to everyone that has joined so far.