Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Disabling Audio/Video

How do I disable the camera and microphone for Roll20? Do I just quit the website since it won't turn off?
How do I get my profile picture back?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
To change voice & video, you need to go to the ' My Settings ' tab in the upper right (it looks like a gear-wheel), and scroll down to the ' Video + Voice ' settings. If you have elected to broadcast video, your profile picture will be obscured by the video feed -- or a black box if you're not actively broadcasting.

Edited 1436216652
I believe what you're looking to do is set your video/mic settings within Roll 20 (the Gear icon in the top-right as GenKitty described) and set both to NONE. To preserve your Roll20 profile picture, set the "Player Avatar Size:" to something other than "Names Only" Just note that this is just a visual option on your side and does not effect what other players will see.
So I will look like a loading screen to them?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
If you have elected to broadcast video and one or more of your players have elected to receive video, your player avatar (for those receiving video and showing avatars) will either be a black box when you're not broadcasting, or it will be whatever your webcam output is showing. Players who elect to not receive video will see your player avatar at whatever size they have personally selected. You have no control over what size your players choose for viewing avatars, nor whether they choose to receive video or not.