Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[MACRO] Universal Whisper to self

Hiya everyone! I'm looking to see if there's a way so that a player could whisper to him/herself without the use of selecting a token. I know that works, but it would be much, much easier to do without it. I tried messing around with /talktomyself like below, or like the wiki does it (/talktomyself Haha! You can't read this!) but I got command errors instead. /talktomyself [Display] /talktomyself off Any ideas? Of course, typing in the player's name would do it, but that's not a real workaround. It would be really cool if Display Names could be referenced in the macros. x.x

Edited 1436227430
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Benson. It's not "universal" (it would have to be created once for each player/characters name) but how about adding a macro to the quickbar like #WhisperToSelf /w vince ?{what?|nevermind}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I just leave a #/talktomyself macro in the quick bar. Quick, easy, doesn't contribute to chat archive.
@Vince Mm, it wouldn't quite work Vince, there's a LOT of players. xD But thanks anyways! ^^ @Silvyre Yup yup, I have a TTMS macro set up, just that other players don't. Looks like I'ma have to go the token-route. Thanks you two!