Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP/LFDM] Dungeon & Dragons 5E: Forgotten Realms - Unlimited Spots, Newbies, DMs, and Players are Welcome

Edited 1471766910
Hello everyone and welcome to Forgotten Realms D&D 5th Edition! First and foremost, I am looking for GMs who like to be part of a greater team to help run this beasty campaign. We want more GMs that would love to help run sessions. We have a few excellent GMs that create epic stories which are integrated into the campaign. It would be great if some GMs could run everyday, but we also accept GMs who want to add to the campaign on their own time as we have players (including myself) who would love to play a lot. New GMs for 5E are welcome to come and learn and help. Occasionally, we have GM or Roll20 workshops to teach and improve quality of GMing for 5E on Roll20. We also encourage players who are interested in GMing to learn the ropes or whoever wants to develop certain areas of the story to contribute with a plot hook or ballad song and GMs who enjoy playing to play when another GM is leading the session. Second, I am looking for players who enjoy being part of a team, enjoy long term campaign, and adhere to rules set forth by the GMs. New players and people to D&D 5E are welcome to come watch and learn, create their own character (usually takes about a full day) and ask the sessions GM to join the game. Sage advise: Make sure you have your character sheet filled out at current level including spells and that the GM is aware of you wanting to join. For 5E newbies we also have a persistent low level beginner's campaign teaching core mechanics and character creation. Play as much as you want or as little as you want as drop in is allowed. You must stay to the end of an encounter and stick your character's neck out if your want your pick for loot. Please note, we have usually a lot of people at various time of the day, but that doesn’t mean that all of them are playing. Don’t be discouraged by the numbers, not everyone has a character ready to go, create your character and ask to join. Due to popular demand, we are enforcing maximum of 15 seconds per turn limit otherwise your turn is skipped or played by the GM at his discretion to keep the game pleasant and moving for everyone involved. You will also have 10 seconds to respond in case of saving throws against DC on hit effects of monsters otherwise it can considered by GM as your character day dreaming and auto failing. Sage advise: Know what your character is doing before it's your turn and use those saving throw macros we made. We are also using Ventrilo voice application to play the game and avoid lags and tech issues on Roll20. Ventrilo Server details are in the first handout. If you see an all black screen because of dynamic lighting, check out our Live Stream Twitch Channel NinhJaTV channel to see and hear what's going on. All Text/Voice is fine, make sure you can make a turn in the allotted time limit. Campaign & story: General gaming style: That heavily depends on the session's leading GM My session for example tend to be combat heavy which progress the plot in some meaningful way. I do give room for RP inside and outside of combat and have all day RP sessions if that's what the party or story demands. My encounters tend to be brutal, pushing the limits of the whole party, and other challenges tend to use a variety of different skills and checks. We do have a few GMs with quite different GMing style to provide players with a ever changing gaming experience and a little something for everyone. GMs are not running the game to please others, but to have fun while giving players the opportunity to have fun as well. We are playing a home brewed ever expanding novels which are set in a lore filled world of Forgotten Realms. This is a multi-campaign storyline that is a mix of the Home Brew, Lost Mines of Phandelver, Hoard of the Dragon Queen, Tyranny of Dragons, Temple of Elemental Evils, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, Waterdeep, Icewindale, Planescape Torment, and a zombie apocalypse, all combined into a great arch-campaign with multiple parties from previous games meeting the current. This is a long term campaign going to level 20 and beyond. If we do get to reset level to start a new campaign story then there will be a benefit to reseting level with the discretion of the GMs. Sadistic GMs are welcome as long as they don't triple the encounter CR vs. Party Level to no chance KPC. Absolutely no PvP is allowed (except in PvP Arena which is super fun for the winning team). This should be truly kill or be killed, retreat and fight another day kinda game. Hardcore realism enforced for food, water, travel, exhaustion, encumbrance, health, etc. Players and party choices matter at various points of the story that will change the direction of where the story is going. Don't get too attached to your characters or your establishments as this is meant to be a challenging game. Character creation: We have GMs or experienced 5E players on and off almost everyday before and after the game, so if you are new and need help or have questions about creating a character then come outside of game time when things are less busy or use the Twitch channel to ask character creation questions. To start: Join Game -&gt; Second Tab (Next to Chat) -&gt; New Player Instructions Class: No homebrew classes or races except through in-game RP. Life Clerics, Tanks, Buffers/Disablers tend to be very useful in the game. Other than that, anything from the official PHB and expansions are a go since the party is very diverse usually. Ability Scores: Ask a GM to roll stats for you ~ 4 Arrays of 4d6d1. You pick one best array, any order. Put any ability score improvements from Race, Level Up, or Feats into the Bio of your character sheet. Equipment: You start with any 1 armor and 1 weapon from the PHB in addition to the basic equipment from your class. No starting gold and no explorer's pack or equivalents. All gold and experience is shared, see Party Inventory and Progress. Roll 2d100 for Trinkets, one from PHB trinkets and one from TOEE trinkets, you can pick which d100 is from which. Extra: All characters get 1 extra Feat regardless of race e.g. Human Variant start with 2 feats. You always roll for HP for level up. To start have your starting class, amount of levels in every class, and your constitution ability score ready and ask a GM to roll your total HP for you. If your character dies, it dies. All character's items and gear are gone. Alternate characters have a set ability score point buy which is diminishing with each death. Ask the GMs for alternate character instructions. Background: We are not playing alignment, your character and decisions are your own. Your background should help you and the GMs understand your character better. Optional rolls from Background or Height, Weight, and Age according to your race are also available so ask the GMs. Our campaign's humble beginnings were on 05/20/2015 from Level 1. Campaign Session: 70+ Current and Starting Level: 12+ We have gone a long way and long ways still to go. Thank you all for playing and contributing to our community! Resources and Rules: We are using classic PHB, DMG, and expansions like Elemental Evil, Unearthed Arcana, and all other official releases for 5E. Natural 1 Fumble on Saves usually mean max. damage and extra effects which are at the discretion of each GM Critical 20 Saves usually mean no damage and no effects even if success = 1/2 damage. Critical Fumbles on Attacks and Critical 20/20 Tables are used on individual basis at the discretion of each GM The Monster Manual generally serves as a resource of inspiration for home brewed Bosses and Monsters which tend to have Custom High Damage Output, Special Effects, Abilities, and Reactions. Each session's homebrew rules are at the discretion of the leading GM For new and experienced players alike we have a resource guide with links to all you need inside the game. What can you expect: Your character will start way beyond average and you will be able shape and enjoy the world that is being created for you and with your character's decisions. You will also be part of a party that is a team, not just a bunch of jerks. One team that strives towards common goals, whether it's earning their rights to freedom, building an indomitable fortress for refugees, or establishing a new guild of traders where both RP and combat are meaningful to the story. Your characters earn everything they have by blood and sweat in this quite challenging game, so any progress is truly meaningful. Victory is sweet, and loss is real. In the Faerun Sword Coast of Forgotten Realms, will you make friends or enemies? Who knows… You as the player can expect to grow both as a player and as a person. Expect to grow in faith and perseverance, embracing possibilities and working through your inhibitions and fears of uncertainty, failure, loss, and rejection. Expect to become stronger, wiser, and bolder player through and despite difficult situations and sessions. For GMs, we have a great set of people playing the campaign currently who appreciate our work and abide by rules set forth by you. You will be part of a bigger team which rotates and pitch in so that you can take a break or enjoy the campaign as a PC. This is a team effort - not good at making maps? Someone else is! There are plenty of things to do and it won't be all wasted by a failed party of a few bad players because we don't exactly have a shortage of some pretty good players. Your skills as GM will be honed as progress over time as you see other GMs do their magic thing. My expectations from you: I expect people to be semi-professional and respectful to their fellow players and GMs and not to cheat on their character sheets (I know right...). No sexual and otherwise abusive content is allowed. Please keep things PG13. If that doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for us either. I expect people to express their gratitude to their teammates and the hosting GM if they had fun in the session. Saying “Thanks” goes a long way for both GMs and players alike. Second to last, what the GMs say goes and I tend to not tolerate rule mongers. If there is need for any tie break between GMs, then I would step in. Last but not least, I fully intend this to be super fun for everyone involved. GMs can exchange ideas, learn from each other, become honored mentors passing down the ropes of GMing and run epic session. The players, of course, get to savor every bit of this D&D goodness. Starting date and time on Roll20 is more or less a placeholder. I am currently on hiatus due to work, but other GMs run more sporadic time slots including Mon-Sun daily, weekly, or sometimes one shots. Look for Game Schedule thread in the campaign forum. Additional players will be added on rolling basis thereafter, ask to be joined once you have a current level character filled out with a token assigned to it. We also have a night group which plays on specific dates to cater to people from different timezones. Current PDT Time: ( <a href="https://goo.gl/9fOWsz" rel="nofollow">https://goo.gl/9fOWsz</a> ) Current LFG Forum Post: ( <a href="https://goo.gl/6KqzGF" rel="nofollow">https://goo.gl/6KqzGF</a>) Old LFG Forum Post: ( <a href="https://goo.gl/hOIcwf" rel="nofollow">https://goo.gl/hOIcwf</a> ) - Closed due to popularity. Live Stream: NinhJaTV ( <a href="https://goo.gl/9ysEDJ" rel="nofollow">https://goo.gl/9ysEDJ</a> ) - Follow the channel, we stream when we play. Past Games Playlist ( <a href="https://goo.gl/IxuE4M" rel="nofollow">https://goo.gl/IxuE4M</a> ) - Subscribe and watch what you missed out on. Reply here for a link to join or spectate our campaign.
The rouge male elf, Vis An elf with carless abandon that takes every opportunity he sees. He makes no hesitation to make a profit even if he has to swindle his way. After years of living an outcast life, making ends meat by stealing and thieving, he is attacked and has all of his possessions stolen by a band of professional rouges. Although depressed and down, he is inspired by the attack to find his own band of thieves to carry out attacks like the one he had just been victim too. After banding together with 3 of his now close friends for a few months, they take on a daring task. They attempt to steal a golden scepter from a high wizard that is rumored to have not only a high price, but a mystical power that is unlike anything they have seen before. During the heist, Vis is set up and tricked by his own comrades as he watches them loot the hall and leave him for bait as the authorities rush the hall. He is hauled off to prison for 5 years, where he seeks forgiveness and attempts to change his way. After his release, he is unsure what to do with himself since the only life he knows is stealing and prison. He sees a poster in the town center for adventures willing to retrieve artifacts and help the people of his town. Vis thinks that he could finally use his skills for good but has to fight the urge to revert to his old ways. He also has to learn how to trust again, as these tasks cannot be done alone. On the path to redemption, Vis uses his skills as a thief to help others on their adventure but struggles to use his skills for good. The story of Vis is yet to be told, will he find redemption? Or will he revert back to his foolish ways?
Invited :)
I'd like to spectate and then possibly get more involved after.
PMed :)
Color me interested!
PMed as well :)
I'd be very interested! Just been watching the stream for a little bit and would like to start making a character
PMed :) Welcome
I would like an invite to at least spectate atm, maybe make a char in the future
If possible i would like to join
welcome :)
The time is almost perfect for me, I would like to request a seat please.
I'd like to lurk and then maybe play a bit :P Maybe get my old dwarven transmuter out.
Hi, I'm new but I'd love to get involved with this. I'm unlikely to be able to make the main game most of the time (though I can at the moment) but hopefully I'll be around for the games at different times.
Awesome sauce! PMed :)
Looks interesting. I'd love to DM but I'm unfamiliar with 5e. Playing for a few sessions should help
Heya! PMed :)
Hello! I'm expressing my interest in learning more about playing on Roll20. I am most familiar with 3.5 rules but 5e looks similar, yet simple, too. I have open availability, and don't mind playing a pre-generated chracter (although I have some I made myself)
I would like to join and learn and maybe get into some camps.
PMed
I'm interested in joining this campaign to learn more about the roll20 system and have some fun learning the 5e rules, as its been several years since I played 3.5.
Hey Allen welcome to Forgotten Realms 5E :)
I would love to join!
This sounds pretty awesome. I'd love to join!
PMed! :)
I'd love to spectate a game or two before jumping in. This sounds like a lot of fun!
I am pretty new to DnD. I have all the 5e content (I believe I have it all) and would like to join in on this! Being new i'll be asking a decent amount of questions, so yeah. If you're willing to allow me in then go ahead and PM me! :)
PMed ;)
Hey can I get in on all this goodness as well? I wish to learn 5e
Hey Vlad PMed you as well... You might wanna check out our beginner's campaign :)

Edited 1436749141
I have two players ( a friend, and myself ) that would be interested in checking it out. We have some very basic experience with roleplaying and are interested in learning further.
PMed. :)
id be interested in something like this... can you pm me so we can talk more!!! i'd love to be a part of it!

Edited 1436764817
I love RP and I have really come to enjoy the game 5E makes available, though I've only ever read about it! I'm new to R20, but not RP with a fair amount of 3.5E and Pathfinder under my belt! I'd really appreciate an invite to spectate and eventually play! A side note - I love to write and with that came a love of story telling. I don't know how the DMs do the magic they do, be it referencing pre-gen material or on the spot development, or even utilizing a module. That said, I would love to maybe talk with some of the individuals that help with story construction and if they could use a writer I'd be more than happy to help! I can base it off period specific lore, locations the world over, include specific NPCs. Truly the possibilities are endless and I would just love to help! I understand duration's story I help with was unfolding I might just have to spectate and I'd be fine with that too! Thanks in advance! Red
PMed! :)
Hi, I'm new to R20 and so I'd like to watch first as well.
Hi I'm a DnD fan and I'm looking for a group that plays on Mondays. I have read through 5th edition rules. I have not played since 3.5 though so I'm a bit rusty :)
PMed :D
hey I'd like to join i already have friends in the campain

Edited 1436828286
sure, Im interested, though I'll need a bit of getting used to things, I shouldnt need much time to get used to it though :) since Im new to D&D in general
This certainly sounds interesting, I'd like to spectate and perhaps join in sometime. I have been looking to get back in RP, though it's been about 13 years or so since the last time I played any D&D. My prior experience is limited to D&D 3.5 and Rifts. If I joined in my best time to play would be Friday and Saturday at any time.