Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Music issue

The music for the chat of which I run my campaign isn't working for me, the players can hear it, but I cannot. Also is there a way to upload my own music?
1372527397
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please check your volume in the settings tab (and your own computer just to make sure). You can go to <a href="https://soundcloud.com/" rel="nofollow">https://soundcloud.com/</a> to upload your music. That is where we get the music from.&nbsp; - Gauss
Its not the computer, all other sounds works fine on it...
1372554546
Gauss
Forum Champion
And did you check the settings tab? The volume may be turned all the way down there. - Gauss
I'm having a similar issue. My GM is playing music but I can't hear it on my end. All other sounds are working fine and I have tried adjusting the volume in my settings.
1372806015
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The master music slid bar is moved all the way to the right? It is located in the settings tab but not sure if that is specific to the gm or everyone has access to it? Doh, Gauss already asked about that.
1372810988
Gauss
Forum Champion
Kevin, go to&nbsp; <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> &nbsp;and provide everything except for IP address.&nbsp; Second, take a screenshot of your settings. I would like to replicate them.&nbsp; Also, I am sending you a join link to my test campaign. Please let me know if you can hear anything.&nbsp; - Gauss
Gauss said: You can go to <a href="https://soundcloud.com/" rel="nofollow">https://soundcloud.com/</a> to upload your music. That is where we get the music from.&nbsp; Gauss, I also want to upload my music (i.e. music I've purchased, not created) so I can select background music from my collection during a game, just like I do in a face-to-face gaming session. I was under the impression this was not allowed on soundcloud, and thus have not created an account. &nbsp;Do you know if it's OK to do that, and can I limit (in soundcloud) who/what can access the collection I've uploaded so as not to violate law?
1372828933
Gauss
Forum Champion
wwquicksilver, I don't upload music to Soundcloud so I really don't know what their rules are from personal experience. My suggestion is to go to Soundcloud, make an account, and then check out the rules. From there you can figure out what you want to do. :) - Gauss
Its not the master volume as I have adjusted this many times and it still does not work...
1373132213
Gauss
Forum Champion
Rambling Bard, I have sent you a join link to a test campaign where I have set up some sound. Please let me know if you hear anything.&nbsp; Also, go to&nbsp;<a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> and give the details except for IP address. - Gauss
Yeah, I could hear it in the tester... Is it possibly some setting I have in my campaign as I did disable voice and video... Update: So I turned on the receive and broadcast for voice and turned off the advanced keyboard shortcuts, and it now works... So there is that...
1373151032
Gauss
Forum Champion
Interesting, I will have to test that.&nbsp; - Gauss