Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Design Regressions Megathread

Howdy, Since the new site design implementation this morning, I can no longer get private message dialog boxes to pop up.  I go to the person I wish to send, hit the 'Send Private Message' hyperlink, and the browser screen darkens like it's trying to bring up an overlay but never does.  I have to refresh to get out of it. I'm using Firefox v39.0. Cheers, B
On a similar note, clicking the Show Message button in the notification drop down just closes the drop down and doesn't take you to the actual thread. Also, clicking the quote button doesn't work unless you already have a new post open.
Hi everyone, I'll be in this thread all day. I went ahead and renamed this thread just so we have a central location.  Brad K. said: Since the new site design implementation this morning, I can no longer get private message dialog boxes to pop up.  I go to the person I wish to send, hit the 'Send Private Message' hyperlink, and the browser screen darkens like it's trying to bring up an overlay but never does.  I have to refresh to get out of it. Thanks Brad, I had actually just noticed this on my end right before I saw this post. I've recorded this one now. Epsilon R. said: On a similar note, clicking the Show Message button in the notification drop down just closes the drop down and doesn't take you to the actual thread. Also, clicking the quote button doesn't work unless you already have a new post open. The notification took me to the actual thread. Was it a general thread on the forums or was it a campaign specific forum that the reply should have linked to. Thanks for pointing on the quote button issue.
My API does not seem to be functioning since the update.  I have opened the API settings and saved scripts, and it says the script is saved, no errors report, but it doesn't report a new sandbox spinning up and the usual notifications do not show up in the console.
Gozer the Gozerian said: My API does not seem to be functioning since the update.  I have opened the API settings and saved scripts, and it says the script is saved, no errors report, but it doesn't report a new sandbox spinning up and the usual notifications do not show up in the console. Well Thats good to know im not the only One with mailing problems...and silly Habit trying to Do the API Gozer seeing your problem I just try'd to send you a PM...to see if you had found away around that glitch  (looks like im going to have to scrap side missions today) Other then that The site looks Great organization wise I just hope it will let me add the color's I want and spice things up *Thumbs Up*  keep doing what your doing Dev Team I will just wait for the rough patch to be over

Edited 1437507993
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Confirming Gozer's situation. My campaign on Production is likewise without API. I get 'Spinning up new sandbox', but none of the on-ready notices appear in the console and the scripts are non-functional inside the campaign.
Gozer the Gozerian said: My API does not seem to be functioning since the update.  I have opened the API settings and saved scripts, and it says the script is saved, no errors report, but it doesn't report a new sandbox spinning up and the usual notifications do not show up in the console. API should be up now Gozer. API took a little longer than the rest of the site to go live.
Additionally, I'm seeing extremely weird cropping behavior on images in various places (player pages, campaign pages, etc) since the redesign.  I assume these are by design, but it seems odd that there isn't resizing going on or suggested resolutions, or even a common methodology for cropping (on the character sheet, it gives you a side banner size...on the campaign sheet, it's a horizontal banner size...).
Ryan H. said: Gozer the Gozerian said: My API does not seem to be functioning since the update.  I have opened the API settings and saved scripts, and it says the script is saved, no errors report, but it doesn't report a new sandbox spinning up and the usual notifications do not show up in the console. API should be up now Gozer. API took a little longer than the rest of the site to go live. Yep.  Working now.  Guess I was just a little too quick on the trigger.
Brad K. said: Additionally, I'm seeing extremely weird cropping behavior on images in various places (player pages, campaign pages, etc) since the redesign.  I assume these are by design, but it seems odd that there isn't resizing going on or suggested resolutions, or even a common methodology for cropping (on the character sheet, it gives you a side banner size...on the campaign sheet, it's a horizontal banner size...). Can you post an image explaining what you mean? What resolution are you on? 

Edited 1437495960
Two issues: - hitting post repl here on the forum does not take you to the text area, seems like nothing happens but when you scroll down, the post reply box is there - i cannot log in in an ipad using the menu, just cant type anything into the email or password field
I am completely unable to access games. Hangs on the load screen. Using Chrome  43.0.2357.134 m And just on a personal note, I can't stand the layout. Ugly as all get out. I'm sure I'll get used to the poor UI just as I always do eventually, but it is really hideous. Any chance that there will be an option to view in "classic" mode?
Mr. T said: Two issues: - hitting post repl here on the forum does not take you to the text area, seems like nothing happens but when you scroll down, the post reply box is there - i cannot log in in an ipad using the menu, just cant type anything into the email or password field Thanks Mr. T, We are aware of the first issue. As for the iPad part, I don't personally own one but I have asked one of our other developers to take a look into  it to test on their end. 
Ryan H. said: Can you post an image explaining what you mean? What resolution are you on?  Certainly.  I'm at 1920x1080.  Campaign listing, my image looks fine (scaled to fit, etc): However, on the campaign details, the image gets oddly cropped at the bottom with a fade (changing the window size of my browser or zoom has no effect): On the profile information page for people, I see a similar cropping behavior but on the left side: That I can manipulate with the width of the browser window (if I SHRINK it, then it puts the name/etc at the bottom of the image...note that reducing browser magnification has no impact): Thanks, B
For me too, stuck in the Loading screen; however I use Firefox (newest version)
Dickie said: I am completely unable to access games. Hangs on the load screen. Using Chrome  43.0.2357.134 m And just on a personal note, I can't stand the layout. Ugly as all get out. I'm sure I'll get used to the poor UI just as I always do eventually, but it is really hideous. Any chance that there will be an option to view in "classic" mode? Are you still stuck on the loading screen? We had to restart the server to push out a fix to the marketplace. In regards to the new UI, we will not have a classic mode. We'll be making some adjustments as time goes on / we catch issues, but this is now the site.
@Brad K, I can see what you mean now. I'll mark it down for something for us to look into. @Lars S, We had to restart the server. Is it still not loading for you?
Still not working
Hi, unable to access the game. Stuck in loadingscreen (Firefox + Chrome new version)
Ryan H. said: If you expand your browser horizontally you should be able to see more in the drop down menu. Not sure what you mean "expand it horizontally" so I turned tablet view to book-style, giving more room at the bottom of the screen. This didn't help either:
Mr. T said: - i cannot log in in an ipad using the menu, just cant type anything into the email or password field Ok, we have verified this is happening- but not on every iPad. To help us narrow it down can you tell me what iPad you have and internet browser you use on your iPad?
OldSchoolChris said: Ryan H. said: If you expand your browser horizontally you should be able to see more in the drop down menu. Not sure what you mean "expand it horizontally" so I turned tablet view to book-style, giving more room at the bottom of the screen. This didn't help either: Gotcha. Guess that did not fix the issue. I've marked it down as something we need to fix. Thanks.
Lars S. said: Still not working mic k. said: Hi, unable to access the game. Stuck in loadingscreen (Firefox + Chrome new version) Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues wiki page, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.
on chrome and firefox in win7 campaign still won't load. only posting since the roll20 twitter said it should have been back up an hour ago.
Ryan H. said: Dickie said: I am completely unable to access games. Hangs on the load screen. Using Chrome  43.0.2357.134 m And just on a personal note, I can't stand the layout. Ugly as all get out. I'm sure I'll get used to the poor UI just as I always do eventually, but it is really hideous. Any chance that there will be an option to view in "classic" mode? Are you still stuck on the loading screen? We had to restart the server to push out a fix to the marketplace. In regards to the new UI, we will not have a classic mode. We'll be making some adjustments as time goes on / we catch issues, but this is now the site. Sadly, I am still stuck. Didn't think that such an option would be possible, and I am sure my headache-borderline migraine is making me mean as well. I'll get used to it, but it would be nice if we could alter the font size on the forums (I'm old enough that change frightens and angers me, but not so old that I need gigantic text!) and include the Add Reply button to the bottom of a thread.
I am also stuck on Loading... screen. Anyone with the problem got it working? Tried with both Chrome and IE.
Still happening when I disable all add-ons and AV. I don't have any other browsers to test with, however.
I am also stuck on the loading screen, been like that for at least an hour now...
I like the new layout, but the drop down menus don't work right on safari with iOS 8.4 on an iPad. The menu drops down but none of the links, I assume they are links to other pages, work. When I press on any of the text or images in the drop down menu, the menu disappears and nothing happens.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is an interesting one: As you can see in the screenshot, the other games with historical dates are estimating the time as "in the future", but the actual campaign page is getting it right.
Brian said: This is an interesting one: As you can see in the screenshot, the other games with historical dates are estimating the time as "in the future", but the actual campaign page is getting it right. Hmm, interesting one there. I've marked this down now.

Edited 1437498637
When posting a reply, could it auto-scroll + paginate to the last page of the reply box? It's a bit counter intuitive that when post reply is used, nothing happens (for some browsers it's a hidden scroll so they don't know the field has been added at the end). A post reply button at the bottom would also be nice (usual standard practive).
BP said: I like the new layout, but the drop down menus don't work right on safari with iOS 8.4 on an iPad. The menu drops down but none of the links, I assume they are links to other pages, work. When I press on any of the text or images in the drop down menu, the menu disappears and nothing happens. What iPad version do you have? 
Ken L. said: When posting a reply, could it auto-scroll + paginate to the last page of the reply box? It's a bit counter intuitive that when post reply is used, nothing happens (for some browsers it's a hidden scroll so they don't know the field has been added at the end). This is something we are looking into adding now. We are considering a few different options now.
Dickie said: Still happening when I disable all add-ons and AV. I don't have any other browsers to test with, however. Mihai G. said: I am also stuck on the loading screen, been like that for at least an hour now... Rickard S. said: I am also stuck on Loading... screen. Anyone with the problem got it working? Tried with both Chrome and IE. Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues wiki page, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.
I now have all my games, created and joined, in one and am quite confused by this. Is there a way to seperate them? My GM can't get into our campaign we were to start right now. He is using Opera normally, with javascript active, windows 8, and does not use any extentsions, disabling antivir didn't help but all other browsers he tried had the same issue. Unfortunately, he doesn't speak English much so he won't be able to post here . The rest of us could get in.

Edited 1437500281
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
EDIT: removed API problem - waiting for 'dev' version of the scripts to be available since dev is now active. (per power card 3 (3) thread).
DK Heinrich said: API Script !powercard pops error when used currently (tried about 15 different ones that all pop same message, all that worked yesterday) Did you see Riley's reply on the thread <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2165711/script-powercards-3-thread-3/?pageforid=2212064#post-2212064" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2165711/script-powercards-3-thread-3/?pageforid=2212064#post-2212064</a> ? You will need to switch to the dev version of Powercards.
Agnes O. said: I now have all my games, created and joined, in one and am quite confused by this. Is there a way to seperate them? My GM can't get into our campaign we were to start right now. He is using Opera normally, with javascript active, windows 8, and does not use any extentsions, disabling antivir didn't help but all other browsers he tried had the same issue. Unfortunately, he doesn't speak English much so he won't be able to post here . The rest of us could get in. Combining the created and joined games was intentional.&nbsp; As for the not loading issue, we are seeing the issue pop up with other people too. We are working on tracking down what causes that issue and resolving it. Sorry for the inconvenience with that.
Clearing the cache worked for me with the loading screen problem. Thanks!
Rickard S. said: Clearing the cache worked for me with the loading screen problem. Thanks! Awesome to hear! We did reset the servers just a bit ago again with some fixes so that might have resolved the issue. Hopefully this fixes it for others.
Agnes O. said: I now have all my games, created and joined, in one and am quite confused by this. Is there a way to seperate them? My GM can't get into our campaign we were to start right now. He is using Opera normally, with javascript active, windows 8, and does not use any extentsions, disabling antivir didn't help but all other browsers he tried had the same issue. Unfortunately, he doesn't speak English much so he won't be able to post here . The rest of us could get in. Rickard S. said: Clearing the cache worked for me with the loading screen problem. Thanks! Try having your GM clear his cache. Instructions for that &nbsp;can be found&nbsp; here .

Edited 1437501435
João N. said: I'm not sure what was the goal with this new design ... &nbsp;This thread is for bug reports only. Everything else is being deleted.
I've got several problems in firefox: (I've reproduced at least some in chrome and IE) - No private message popup. (screen goes grey) - Reply to thread opens the textbox in which I'm writing this, but the scroll stays on the page top. - The "Login" deploying menu folds as soon as I select the mail field. I can write, tab to second field, enter pass, and login. But I have to do that "blind". P.S.: Someone tell Stephanie her page has a humongous picture that spans several desktops now. I would, but I can't sent private messages. :)
I can't seem to quote on here, it gives me a javascript void. My GM managed to log in now, yay. Having the created and joined games all in one is a major inconvenience for me. There are so many games I can hardly tell one from the other as I have perception problems. Additionally, the way I edit the games I run depends on seeing when they were played last without having games not belonging to me mess up the picture. I dare not join or start any more games now because I am already so confused by the long list of stuff. I'll have to leave several gameswhich are only played every few months. What is wrong with being able to seperate them?

Edited 1437502150
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ryan H. said: DK Heinrich said: API Script !powercard pops error when used currently (tried about 15 different ones that all pop same message, all that worked yesterday) Did you see Riley's reply on the thread <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2165711/script-powercards-3-thread-3/?pageforid=2212064#post-2212064" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2165711/script-powercards-3-thread-3/?pageforid=2212064#post-2212064</a> ? You will need to switch to the dev version of Powercards. I'd just like to say that the older version of Powercards running in my One-Eyed King campaign (version 2.4.1 IIRC) still work fine. They were also working fine with nested inline rolls when the newest version at the time was failing. Points to the luddites! =P
On the details of a campaign, when you hover over one of the players it does not display their name.
Thanshin said: I've got several problems in firefox: (I've reproduced at least some in chrome and IE) - No private message popup. (screen goes grey) - Reply to thread opens the textbox in which I'm writing this, but the scroll stays on the page top. - The "Login" deploying menu folds as soon as I select the mail field. I can write, tab to second field, enter pass, and login. But I have to do that "blind". P.S.: Someone tell Stephanie her page has a humongous picture that spans several desktops now. I would, but I can't sent private messages. :) We just reset the server and pushed out a fix for private messaging. It should be resolved now.&nbsp; We are aware of the reply issue and are working on that currently. I was able to replicate the login issue on Firefox. Thanks for pointing that out. I see what you mean about the profile picture issue :P.&nbsp;
Hi, Just adding my issue. My Campaign wont even load at all. Stuck at the roll 20 loading screen = /
Finally got a Private Message to work.