Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Did they even test what they did to threads?

My group plays once every other week, so we have RP threads that go on for 2 weeks with 200+ posts.  Before, I clicked on a thread, it took me to the bottom. I would read, hit the reply button (at the bottom), and post.  Now I have to come in the thread, scroll all the way to the bottom, read, scroll all the way up to the top, hit the reply button, then scroll all the way back to the bottom.  In another thread I saw them say they used consultants on this. My suggestion to the site-owners, get your money back. You got robbed. 
Also, what rules do they use to pick the two games they display on the front page? I'm playing two games right now, and only one of them shows up there. The other game it shows is a DM Tutorial game I haven't logged into for 3 months.  Before my games were right there, front and center, when I hit Roll20. Now I have to go through a whole other page to get to my game. 

Edited 1437533781
I would shy away from the consultant thing because of  this thread . The consultant isn't really the issue here. It's a few key design choices as far as I'm concerned. Also, post reply forms should be back now. It might be a rolling release type thing. I'm typing this reply from a box that showed up when I loaded the page.  The nicer we ask things, the better chance we have of these design concern threads staying alive. The two other threads about the design got shut down. BTW, Roll20 devs: Please don't close threads despite a handful of resistant people with a bit of vitriol to spout. I like some changes, I don't like others. But shutting down whole discussions doesn't win me over. I'm beginning to see what you're trying to do—there's some good changes in the works . Hard to keep the faith when I see closed threads with unanswered questions though.

Edited 1437533686
After the fires are put out, I am sure many of us pros   (this isn't a slight against other people, I just miss the Mentor tag) will ask the devs for some brain storming.  I think someone (probably Riley) mentioned they will look into something that brings you to the newest post of a message.  But that is low priority to many other game breaking issues the release rolled out with.   Its going to be a fun week ^.^

Edited 1437535131
Jake M. said: After the fires are put out, I am sure many of us pros   (this isn't a slight against other people, I just miss the Mentor tag) will ask the devs for some brain storming.  I miss my supporter tag because a supporter is what I am. I am not a plus ): I suppose you pros are still a thing that can be people though. EDIT: I don't have too many huge gripes about the design but now that I've written and thought about this supporter vs. plus thing it's starting to eat at me. Having my forum tag say "plus" instead of something that is human feels like a step back. I'm not here to earn drug store rewards points. I come here to do something with friends and I pay you guys because I appreciate the service you do. Make me a supporter again please! (:
J.A. said: I miss my supporter tag because a supporter is what I am. I am not a plus ): I suppose you pros are still a thing that can be people though. EDIT: I don't have too many huge gripes about the design but now that I've written and thought about this supporter vs. plus thing it's starting to eat at me. Having my forum tag say "plus" instead of something that is human feels like a step back. I'm not here to earn drug store rewards points. I come here to do something with friends and I pay you guys because I appreciate the service you do. Make me a supporter again please! (: Our thinking (previously seen  here ) is that everyone is a "supporter", so we've always felt weird about the Mentors not being supporters and such. But we also wanted to take the focus off of titles and move it toward in-application features. A Roll20 "Plus" experience, a Roll20 "Pro" experience. Don't anticipate any changes to the naming in the foreseeable future. As for forum functionality, we had what feedback we got from folks on the Development Server before go live. Now we have more feedback, and we'll keep fiddling as we always do.