Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[DeWa] Is it me or does the Deathwatch Sheet not work to well.

Hello Im Gming a Deathwatch Game and when i tried to incorporate the Deathwatch sheet into my game i found and (pardon my language) fuckups. Are there other Deathwatch Sheet verions that work better then the one you can currently select? Im currently using the Dark Heresy 1 Sheet since it works for like 80% of what you want of a Sheet (this being macros that work properly). If anyone has a good sugestion for an alternative then please do tell. Kind regards Michal
There seems to be a rash of calls for replacement sheets instead of detailing what's wrong with the current one, and requesting fixes. I modified the Dark Heresy 2nd edition for Deathwatch.  Everything looked like it worked then.  I'm not completely spun up on the rules of the game- I've only played Dark Heresy once- but if you tell me what's wrong I'll see about fixing it.
Right. Here are a Few. Will se if i can find more in a while when i ask my players for input. 1: Carouse skill is broken in all ways. Can't select trained without also selecting the same on Blather. Can't roll it like you can the rest anyway. Skills that also don't work by not being able to roll them: Climb, Lip Reading, swim. 2: the Sheet doesn't count in Degrees of succes, it only does target number. If you look at Dark Heresy 1 you will se the diffrence. 3: It would make sense to automaticly fill in all the Space marine starting skills and Talents like the Standard Deathwatch sheet does. 4. Melee weapons should add your Str Bonus to attacks.

Edited 1437961244
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
Awesome.  I can work with this: First, there has been a couple changes since I uploaded it, not done by me.  Not sure what the changes were suppose to accomplish, or what they did accomplish (may be above my skill level). The carouse skill is an easy fix.  As are Climb, Lip Reading and Swim. Fixed I will look into the degrees of success.  I didn't know how to do that when I modified Dark Heresy for Deathwatch (I still don't, but I do know a lot more).  But that a change to every button on the sheet, so its a fast fix, once I figure it out. Done. The starting skills are filled out (at least, with the copy I am working with) but still may be edited (you can swap High Gothic for Jabber-speak, for example).  But this sheet is also suppose to be able to be used for bad guys, who usually aren't space marines.  I see the players having to input the talents once as much less of a hassle than the GM having to change each and every bad guy. The big change made by some one else was for bonuses to damage and the like, but this removed the tracker for unnatural traits.  I am currently working on installing those.  Its not gonna be quick. Added strength bonus entry, an entry for unnatural strength, and a block to pick the highest of the two.  And then applied the later to melee damage.  Are there melee weapons that don't add strength? Keep coming with the issues, and I will try to make the fixes.   Here is a campaign with the 'work-in-progress' is being stored/updated.  As of right now, the skills roll (still no degrees of success worked in). Edit: for what I have done. Edit: for link

Edited 1437932721
All Weapons add Str Bonus to Damage. The only exeption is Power Fist and Chain fist. Those doube the Str Bonus on Damage. The only Exeption is the Reductor but since that isn't meant to be used as a weapon anyway it doesn't count P.S also adding something where you may fill in your renown would be a good idea
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Coal Powered Puppet said: Here is a campaign with the 'work-in-progress' is being stored/updated.  As of right now, the skills roll (still no degrees of success worked in). Just so you know, you forgot to include the ink to the campaign... :)
G V. said: Coal Powered Puppet said: Here is a campaign with the 'work-in-progress' is being stored/updated.  As of right now, the skills roll (still no degrees of success worked in). Just so you know, you forgot to include the ink to the campaign... :) Oops.  Ah, Dunno what yer talking about.  Nothing to see here; move along. 
Michal S. said: The only exception is Power Fist and Chain fist. Those double the Str Bonus on Damage. Do they double the unnatural bonus from being a genetic abomination?  That is to say, if a normal man has 40 strength (say in power armor), he deals +4 to damage.  If a Space Marine has 40 Strength, he adds +8 to damage.  So a power fist being swung by a normal man (in powered armor, so we can get away with saying he can actually use it), he would do +8 to damage.  Woudl a Space Marine do +16?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Coal Powered Puppet said: Michal S. said: The only exception is Power Fist and Chain fist. Those double the Str Bonus on Damage. Do they double the unnatural bonus from being a genetic abomination?  That is to say, if a normal man has 40 strength (say in power armor), he deals +4 to damage.  If a Space Marine has 40 Strength, he adds +8 to damage.  So a power fist being swung by a normal man (in powered armor, so we can get away with saying he can actually use it), he would do +8 to damage.  Woudl a Space Marine do +16? Normal people can't wear Space Marine power armor.
Brian said: Normal people can't wear Space Marine power armor. ...I knew some one was going to call me on that.  But I never expected it would be Brian... Anyway, I updated the sheet in the working campaign.  Degrees of success, Unnatural strength added to melle rolls, and all skills appear to work.   Visit the campaign , hit the buttons, tell me if anything doesn't work right.
Coal Powered Puppet said: Michal S. said: The only exception is Power Fist and Chain fist. Those double the Str Bonus on Damage. Do they double the unnatural bonus from being a genetic abomination?  That is to say, if a normal man has 40 strength (say in power armor), he deals +4 to damage.  If a Space Marine has 40 Strength, he adds +8 to damage.  So a power fist being swung by a normal man (in powered armor, so we can get away with saying he can actually use it), he would do +8 to damage.  Woudl a Space Marine do +16? I think the rules thate that you add to the multiplier meaning it becomes a x3 instead of the normal x2. meaning a Space marine with 40 str will have 12+2(space marine armor gives +20 after unnatural bonus) and would therefore add 14 to the damage compared to the standard 10. Oh and normal people can totaly wear human power armor. gives the same Bonus on Strenght as the astartes one.

Edited 1438016568
Going to put everything that I can see that needs to be changed here. Having GM'd three different Deathwatch games for the last year or more, I have a fairly good idea of what needs to be changed. Have never managed to get the time or want to do this myself, but this is everything that could be improved. I'd be in your debt if you had the time to fix it. 1: Skills seem to be working now, its good that you added the degrees of success, but you should change the way you have it formatted now to be more like the Dark Heresy 1ed Sheet. It's awesome that you added in a lot of advanced skills to save time, but people can get far more than five common lores, or two ciphers for instance, and the sheet as it is right now is rigid rather than adaptable. It would be easier if you allowed players to add additional skills themselves, or a method to increase the number of slots under certain lores, drive skills etc themselves as needed. 2. Space marines cannot suffer malignancies, or mutations. So that entire section could be removed and replaced. Or rather expand the mental disorder section so its larger, and change its name to "Primarch's Curse" as space marines can suffer insanities in that way, but not mental disorders like in Dark Heresy with normal Humans. 3. I'm not sure what the tickable boxes below the Insanity and Corruption area does, if anything at all. I can't seem to find their purpose. 4. You need to add an additional tab, or section where people can record how they spend their EXP, look at the Dark Heresy 1ed sheet for an example of what I mean. It has a user editable area where you can consistently expand it and record what every bit of your experience goes to, so you do not lose track of what you have if you need to retrain or alter something. 5. You should remove "Lip Reading" from the list of skills, it was included or rather mentioned in the skills table as a forgotten edit, and never expanded in the rest of the core book, it literally doesn't exist, not your fault, just lazy editing from Fantasy Flight Games team. There is no way to improve it, or ever use it. Nor does it ever expand on what it actually does or entails. 6. You need to alter the weapon stat blocks so that the "to hit" button uses the same script as the skill ones to calculate degrees of success rather than just an arbitrary roll and goal area, leaving the GM/Players to calculate it themselves slows down combat enormously. 7. Under the movement section, if you could alter the script that auto calculates movement slightly, just to make it count as if the agility modifier was always +1 it would calculate it correctly. As space marines are "Hulking" creatures and gain +1 movement modifiers because of their long gait when they move. i.e. 15 agility calculates to a half move of 1 when it should be 2, and everything else is a multiple of that on your example sheet in the campaign you linked. 8. You should renamed the "Aptitudes" section in the second tab to "Solo Mode Abilities", and you should add an additional tab to the right of it before Talents & Traits, called "Squad Mode Abilities". And above this squad mode abilities section you should add an attribute box for something called "Cohesion". 9. This is more a suggestion, you should break the Talents & Traits box up into two separate ones "Talents" and "Traits" as they are often largely different, and it's good to be able to discern which is a trait and which is a talent. 10. Break gear up into two sections. "Signature Gear" and "Requisitioned Gear" the reason for this is that space marines gear is constantly changing unlike the other 40k games, they are giving a sum of "Requisition" at the start of every mission, that changes each time, and with it they requisition gear. This gear is returned at the end of the mission. Signature gear, is part of their kit, and they always have it for free. This way it would be easier to show what you have to return at the end of a mission, and what you always have for free at the start of the next one. You could add a box called "Requisition" somewhere in here, so the player could write down what their GM gives them for the next mission, so its easy to remember what they have to spend. As this is a large part of the game, deciding what you will need with limited resources. That's everything that comes to mind right now. If you got those things done the sheet would be more or less perfect. Hope its all constructive and helpful for you. Edit* If you ever need me to clarify something or want some helpful suggestions, feel free to send me a private message*

Edited 1438295488
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
To  Warren : 1. Working that issue now.  I am working on a 3rd tab, half og which will be expand skills.  My goal is to have all the...advanced skills? (Things like Lore, Ciphers, and Pilot skills) in one coloumn, and a larger number of blank, 'other skills'.  Would 10 'other skills' be enough? Done. 2. From my understanding, everything in Warhammer 40k can suffer (or enjoy) malignancies and/or mutations.  I will see about throwing a section for "Primarch's Curse". Done 3. I don't know what those checkboxes are.  But as they aren't hurting anyone, they will stay. 4. I will look into the exp tracker. Done 5. Lip reading removed.  Done 6. Degrees of success installed in attack roll buttons  Done 7. More than likely, I will add an additional input with a movement modifier, defaulting to 1.  This way, should some one get fast legs or some other boost to movement, it can be easily added in . Done 8. I have no idea about anything dealing with solo or squad modes.  I will look that up at some point. Done 9. This is more a suggestion, you should break the Talents & Traits box up into two separate ones "Talents" and "Traits". Done 10.   Break gear up into two sections. "Signature Gear" and "Requisitioned Gear". Done Its gonna be slow; I'm working on a different sheet right now.  But I'll make updates when I tired of the tentacles.
Okay, updated.  Hit some buttons, tell me what's broke.  I'd rather have a lot of testing before I push it to github.
Pull request submitted
Hello, I am a bit surprised about how skill check are calculated. Currently, in the sheet, it working as follows: If no checkbox checked: Characteristic - 20 If 1st checkbox checked: Characteristic If 1st and 2nd checkboxes checked: Characteristic + 10 If 1st, 2nd and 3rd checkboxes checked: Characteristic + 20 If 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th checkboxes checked: Characteristic + 30 But, in the RuleBook, I understand another logic: If no checkbox checked: zero (the skill is not playable) If 1st checkbox checked: Characteristic / 2 (the skill is basic, but not trained) If 2nd checkbox checked: Characteristic (the skill is trained) If 2nd and 3rd checkboxes checked: Characteristic + 10 (trained and mastery +10) If 2nd, 3rd and 4th checkboxes checked: Characteristic + 20 (trained, mastery +10 and mastery +20) Am I missing something (an errata I missed) or the sheet is wrong ? Also, I have another question: If I want to fix myself the sheet from Github , how can I test the corrected sheet is working properly before making a pull request ? Thanks
That has been addressed (to me) by Warren.  I haven't got a chance to fix it yet. If you have a pro account, copy the code from github and paste into a campaign.  
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Coal Powered Puppet said: That has been addressed (to me) by Warren.  I haven't got a chance to fix it yet. If you have a pro account, copy the code from github and paste into a campaign.   One quick clarification, though, to do what CPP mentions you will need a Pro account so you have access to custom character sheets.
Thanks for the quick answer. Sadly, I haven't a Pro account :(
Working on updating the skill rolls.  Here is a  link to the test campaign I have the working copy on.  Only part of the skills have been fixed, but tell me if this is what you are looking for.
Hi, I logged on the test game, but there is no character available.
Er...whoops?  Fixed that.
Okay, new  link .  Updated all the skills.  They should now work like the way you decided.  Unless I hear different, I'll be submitting the changes Monday (the 31st). In the process of updating the this sheet, I overwrote the work I did on Only War.  So...yeah, back to the drawing board on that one.
It works ! A bit strange to have the first column "checked" meaning that skill is not trained or basic. Suggestion: add a title to each checkbox with a description (untrained/basic/trained/+10/+20), allowing to know what your are selecting
I tinker with it, but the oringal author's coding is extremely precise, and I may not be able to do this without screwing something up.  
Ok, I understand :) I found another bug: When rolling an ability roll, the ability bonus is added (Simple+5, Intermediate +10, etc...), while, this bonus is not taken in account when rolling a skill based on an ability. I suggest to remove the ability bonus in calculation, to keep it only informative (as it is in papersheet).
Submitted a  pull request . Chcap said: When rolling an ability roll, the ability bonus is added (Simple+5, Intermediate +10, etc...), while, this bonus is not taken in account when rolling a skill based on an ability.  Gonna keep it as is for now.  No reason, really, just tired.
It's ok. You have already done nice work. Your pull request contains only a css file. There is no modification on html file to handle the new skill rules ?
Its two pull requests, actually.  Just linked one.  Other one is  here
Great ! :)