Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GMT+8 Group

Hi. I just discovered this site and I got really excited about it. But unfortunately, I live in Southeast Asia with a GMT+8 time zone so most of the games, specifically D&D, are played at hours that are very inconvenient for me.  I was thinking if there is a group of people that live more or less around my time zone that I can join?  Thanks. 
I just thought I would check, but I am guessing that game that started at about noon est on Saturdays would still not work for you.
One question, how long does a gaming session usually last?
The ones I usually run average six to seven hours.
I usually run 4-5 hours.
Yea that won't work for me. That would mean I need to stay up until 5am. Sorry.
hi! i live in SEA too! dont give up on looking for a group, i adapt with the est timezone too and usually u can find groups that start in the morning ( 8-9am ish) :D that usualy works for me.
Feel free to request an invite to the below group. We are happy to have people outside of AUS/NZ and have plenty of SEA and US night owls too and our timezones rage from +7 to +12. Australia and New Zealand Tavern Raiders Association
Hey buddy,SEA guy here too. Hope we can play together.
Great! Hope I get to play with you guys :D
:D sounds fun, we should deffy play together
I'm an American GM that has run for players from Vietnam, and AUS/NZ.  I'm retired so my schedule is sort of flexible, though full right now running three games a week. I still live in the US, but will be moving to Chiang Mai in Feb 2016. I will be running 5th edition at that time via roll20. I could build a group in a few months, whatever.   Keep me in mind.
James J. said: I'm an American GM that has run for players from Vietnam, and AUS/NZ.  I'm retired so my schedule is sort of flexible, though full right now running three games a week. I still live in the US, but will be moving to Chiang Mai in Feb 2016. I will be running 5th edition at that time via roll20. I could build a group in a few months, whatever.   Keep me in mind. I definitely will!
SEA guy here. can any of you SEA guys dm? we have enough players to form a group and i think a friend of mine would want to join in. just saiyan
Are you guys not looking for a player anymore? just a DM?
Since audrey azrael and you are also SEA we can form a group is what i meant. But can any of us dm?
im a noob pc xD i cant dm lol
Well, if you wish I can run an evening game for your time zone (about 9 pm your time), but I am not fan of D&D, but I can run Mutants and Masterminds/DC Adventures or The Strange
Hi! I'm GMT+8 too =) Eavatar said: Well, if you wish I can run an evening game for your time zone (about 9 pm your time), but I am not fan of D&D, but I can run Mutants and Masterminds/DC Adventures or The Strange can I join? newbie though
im down to try anything at least once, might need to learn it first tho xD
I'm in +9. Let's get some game on.
Scooter C. said: I'm in +9. Let's get some game on. Let's! If only we can find a DM. LOL. 

Edited 1439483582
Okay guys, here is the deal. I am still interested to run The Strange game. every friday or staurday or sunday evening starting about 12:30 pm GMT (check the time table below). My intent here is to run for a small group for about 3-4 players and I am going to use the text method (my spoken english is awful and I want to save you from that). PM if you want join the game.The game duration will be about 3-5 hours The PCs roles are simple - You are natives from Earth and you are part of Estate, a private organization created to investigate and stop any transdimensional entities or gates to Earth.  Time table Rio de Janeiro (Brazil - Rio de Janeiro)  09:30:00 BRT UTC-3 hours  (my timezone) Beijing (China - Beijing Municipality)  20:30:00 CST UTC+8 hours Tokyo (Japan)  21:30:00 JST UTC+9 hours Sydney (Australia - New South Wales)  22:30:00 AEST UTC+10 hours Corresponding UTC (GMT)  12:30:00
If Eavatar's game doesn't work for you, I may have one. It would be for two-four players. Before I say anything more I should say that I'm from America. Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do, sadly it's not something I do often. I would be willingly to run a game that I believe would start around Five P.M in GMT+8 time zone. I could play most days aside from Sunday and Monday nights. I would be willingly to play as often as you would like, not much I could do at that time besides sit at my computer or stare at the wall. I'd be able to play with you guys until something happens. There's really no telling when I'll finally be able to sleep, so for all I know I could be available for two weeks, or for a few months. EIther way it is something that can pass the time for both of us. I run games set within the Call of Cthulhu. I place a heavy focus on story and character progression. So role play over action and rules. I play fair and prefer to play with new players. Send me a private message if you're interested and we can talk more.
Eavatar said: Okay guys, here is the deal. I am still interested to run The Strange game. every friday or staurday or sunday evening starting about 12:30 pm GMT (check the time table below). My intent here is to run for a small group for about 3-4 players and I am going to use the text method (my spoken english is awful and I want to save you from that). PM if you want join the game.The game duration will be about 3-5 hours The PCs roles are simple - You are natives from Earth and you are part of Estate, a private organization created to investigate and stop any transdimensional entities or gates to Earth.  Time table Rio de Janeiro (Brazil - Rio de Janeiro)  09:30:00 BRT UTC-3 hours  (my timezone) Beijing (China - Beijing Municipality)  20:30:00 CST UTC+8 hours Tokyo (Japan)  21:30:00 JST UTC+9 hours Sydney (Australia - New South Wales)  22:30:00 AEST UTC+10 hours Corresponding UTC (GMT)  12:30:00 This is great! But I'm really looking to play D&D. I'm sure some players here will be interested :)
I am offering an ipportunity, I can run this game with 2 character, just trimming one detail here and there
Scooter C. said: I'm in +9. Let's get some game on. Audrey J. said: im down to try anything at least once, might need to learn it first tho xD Charles A. said: Since audrey azrael and you are also SEA we can form a group is what i meant. But can any of us dm? Charles A. said: SEA guy here. can any of you SEA guys dm? we have enough players to form a group and i think a friend of mine would want to join in. just saiyan Azrael A. said: Hey buddy,SEA guy here too. Hope we can play together. Wanna get a game on? Some things changed and I probably have the time to DM now anyway. 
sure why not c;
+8 GMT looking to play 5E. Shoot me a message when you get a game up please. 
Let me read up on 5E a bit. Been playing only 3.5 and pathfinder. 
Marco M. said: Scooter C. said: I'm in +9. Let's get some game on. Audrey J. said: im down to try anything at least once, might need to learn it first tho xD Charles A. said: Since audrey azrael and you are also SEA we can form a group is what i meant. But can any of us dm? Charles A. said: SEA guy here. can any of you SEA guys dm? we have enough players to form a group and i think a friend of mine would want to join in. just saiyan Azrael A. said: Hey buddy,SEA guy here too. Hope we can play together. Wanna get a game on? Some things changed and I probably have the time to DM now anyway.  Sure thing. just pm me the game link whenever