Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll20 at GenCon!

The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Anyone else headed to GenCon this week and going to the  Roll20 Panel 3:00pm Friday?   See you there!!?!
I'll be there.... :-)

Edited 1438109190
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ha!  I meant more of the subjects of the realm, rather than it's rulers. =D
I'm going too!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ha!  I should have said "trollers" instead of "rulers".   Too funny!

Edited 1438128982
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I, too, will be attending.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Excellent!  =D
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Fingers crossed, I will be there as well. Now if you will excuse me, I need to find a live chicken, some marmelade and a weed eater to perform a small good luck ritual.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ha!  You better be!  I'm packing you some Mead! =D
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
As long as it's not an egg beater, and a live chicken, and some peach preserves!
I'd love to go, but Google Maps won't tell me the best route, nor give me an estimate on how long ago I should have left to cover the forty one hundred miles in time.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanshin said: I'd love to go, but Google Maps won't tell me the best route, nor give me an estimate on how long ago I should have left to cover the forty one hundred miles in time. Can't you just hire a mage to teleport you? I'm trying to find a high enough level one at the moment...
I don't like teleporting. Since the accident with the parrot and the papaya I'd rather avoid the system altogether. I should rent me one of those virtual presence robots to go around creeping everyone up, running over people's feet and repeating the "EXTERMINATE!" joke over and over.

Edited 1438170233
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
GenKitty said: As long as it's not an egg beater, and a live chicken, and some peach preserves! Mmmm, peach preserves... hahaha The Aaron said: Ha!  You better be!  I'm packing you some Mead! =D Ooooooo...Meeeeaaaad. Now, do they allow for open mead bottles in the convention area? haha
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I figured you'd take it home with you and get me a professional opinion from your roommate!  :) What's the reference?
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
The Aaron said: I figured you'd take it home with you and get me a professional opinion from your roommate!  :) What's the reference? I'll make sure to bring a cool and some ice to store it for the day. :D  Looking forward to meeting the team at the panel discussion!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It's like wine, it doesn't have to be kept cold, just kept from getting over warm. =D Me too.  :). Last year I asked the Dreaded Folder Question . I'll have to come up with something to really put Riley on the spot with this year. =D MUHAHAHAHA!
Alicia
Sheet Author
Hope someone records the panel! 

Edited 1438700619
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I don't know if anyone did, I wish I'd thought to do it, I would have brought a camcorder (do they still call them that?). My twin and I got shirts made for the occasion.  Paul Ooshun rushed me a custom Dungeon Buddy for The Alex (Thanks Alan, it was PERFECT!): That's Devin Night over my left shoulder. The team talked about what's coming up next.  It's mostly a focus on Power User Features.  My most anticipated feature mentioned by Riley is being able to create assets with the API using Purchased Marketplace images.  Of additional interest is the ability to embed some simple javascript into Character Sheets ( Heavily stipulated: if Riley can find a way to do it safely! ).  Of additional interest to some of you out there was the discussion of 13th Age coming to the site with official publisher goodies.  3D Fate Dice were also mentioned, as were percentile dice with a proper 10-20-30-etc skin.  There was some discussion of a limited /emas that players could use (no promises).  Folders and possibly more for the Jukebox.  Beyond that, there were answers to some questions from the crowd about how to do things. One woman asked how she could draw more efficiently on the VTT.  She mentioned she could turn out a map with pen and paper quite rapidly, but the drawing tools slowed her down quite a bit.  I was going to catch up with her at the end and suggest drawing that pen and paper map and just scanning/photoing it to import onto the VTT, but she got away before I had the opportunity.  (So if you read this, that's what I'd recommend.  I've done it several times and it has worked fairly well!) Finally, nice meeting any of you that I met!