Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] new player eager to learn

Edited 1438563827
So I've never really played tabletop RPGs, but I'd love to learn. I'd be happy to start with any system someone would be willing to teach me. I'm a pretty fast reader and a quick learner, I'm excited to find a new outlet for my imagination. I'm available to play late night Saturdays and most time Sundays EST. I could also do Monday afternoons.  As for themes, I'm pretty open although I tend to prefer sci-fi to fantasy.  As for a little about me, I'm 24 M from Buffalo, NY. I've always enjoyed video game rpgs. I've nerded out on quite a few sci-fi TV shows including firefly and doctor who, and am a big fan of book series such as dune, wheel of time, dresden files, and enders game amongst others. Let me know if you have any questions!  EDIT: clarification/typos
Hello Robert! I'm actually putting a group together for Call of Cthulhu. (1920s horror) I normally run my games Friday or Saturday from 6:00pm-11:00pm  EST.  Easy to learn, it uses the basic D100 system.
I appreciate the response! Unfortunately I work Friday til about midnight and Saturday I wouldn't be available until 9ish
Aww. You still shouldn't have too much trouble finding a group! Happy gaming!
Is there any particular type of sci fi that draws or repels you?  Also, do you have a problem with blended genres?
Nothing that really repels me. I'm drawn towards space exploration, apocalypse stuff. And blended genres is awesome!
Not sure if your around but I do have a saturday evening game that has a player slot. It's gothic horror/horror fantasy. BUT I may run a scifi/fantasy game in the future. At the very least I can teach you a bit about tabletop rpgs.
what time on saturdays?
I have a game open today as well as probably tomorrow and the day after that. It's DnD 5E, but it's designed as both a newbie campaign and an MMO, so ya can play anytime your schedule allows! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2216726/lfp-5e-koltyr-mmorpg-playstyle-daily-games-great-community/?pageforid=2262704#post-2262704" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2216726/lfp-5e-koltyr-mmorpg-playstyle-daily-games-great-community/?pageforid=2262704#post-2262704</a>
10 Est, which should be good for you.
Belenus said: 10 Est, which should be good for you. I pm'd you