Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Runequest 2E Glorantha Chaos War Campaign

Edited 1438564821
RUNEQUEST 2E GLORANTHA CHAOS WAR CAMPAIGN ENTER THE CHAOS WAR!! Return to the 2nd Edition of Runequest! Return to Glorantha! Chaos have overrun the land and infected many with its corrupted touch. Glorantha is desperate for Heroes. Heroes who can save the innocent. Heroes who can offer Hope. Heroes who can stem the tide of Chaos. Heroes who can win the Chaos War! When the 2nd Edition of Runequest came out, it was known for its Skill-based mechanics, Lack of Class limitations, Glorantha, Direct Experience gain, and Realistic Combat. Characters in Runequest 2E are Skill-based rather than Class-based. Characters are not limited by Class and choose which Skills they want to use and develop. Instead of Experience being awarded for killing monsters or obtaining gold, Runequest 2E allows for Skills to be improved if they have been successfully used during the adventure. Runequest 2E features realistic combat which includes strike rank, parries, critical hits, fumbles, impaling, hit locations, and armor which protects against damage. Even Battle Magic, the most common magic available to adventurers, is designed to aid in combat. Glorantha is a unique game world with a rich mythology created by Greg Stafford. Characters can visit legendary locations like the Troll Woods, the Haunted Lands, the Stinking Forest, Beast Valley, Wintertop, the Dead Place, and the Vale of Flowers. They can interact with the Lunar Empire and the Kingdom of Sartar. Glorantha features Elves (Aldryami), Dwarves (Mostali), Intelligent Baboons, Dragonewts (that evolve with experience), Ducks, Centaurs, Morokanths, Newtlings, Pixies, Runners, Trolls (Uz), Trollkin, Tusk Riders, and Wind Children. The Runequest 2E Glorantha Chaos War Campaign will be All Text, just like my Castles and Crusades Mega-Dungeon Campaign. There will No Video and No Voice. I believe that using All Text creates more Story Immersion, use of Imagination, and encouragement of high level Roleplaying. Players are encouraged to bring their character to life by describing their character's words, actions, and thoughts. The purpose of Runequest is to acquire mastery of one or more Runes. Runes are symbols with inherent power in them. Characters strive to reach a point where they can be accepted into a Rune Cult, where they can eventually become a Rune Lord, a Rune Priest, or both. Characters might one day join Daka Fal, Storm Bull, Waha, Eiritha, Humakt, The Seven Mothers, Pavis, Yelmalio, Issaries, Chalana Arroy, Lhankor Mhy, Orlanth, Kyger Litor, Zorak Zoran, or Aldrya. Over the years, there have been many editions of Runequest and massive amounts of material written for Glorantha. However, for the Runequest 2E Glorantha Chaos War Campaign, I want to take things back to the time period of Runequest 2E. This means that I will focus mainly on the Runequest 2E Rulebook, the Cults of Prax, the Runequest Companion, Plunder, Foes, the Gateway Bestiary, and Runemasters. Adventures to be used include Snakepipe Hollow, Apple Lane, Borderlands, Troll Pak, Pavis, Big Rubble, and Griffin Mountain. Later in the Campaign, I might introduce new material of my own or convert material from other sources into Runequest 2E. I have a flexible schedule. I try to work with players depending on their Time Zone and their own schedule. Sessions are announced through the Internal Forum in the Runequest 2E Glorantha Chaos War Campaign. Sessions can also be requested at a special time through PM. Please note that because the Runequest 2E Glorantha Chaos War Campaign is still new, there will be a period of gathering players, setting up the Campaign, creating character sheets, and other details. Please be patient while the Runequest 2E Glorantha Chaos War Campaign slowly starts to form. The Runequest 2E Glorantha Chaos War Campaign is one of many New Campaigns that I will be starting. Players that have established themselves as reliable, consistent, positive, interested, and excellent at Roleplaying will be free to join any of the other Campaigns that I have available. They only have to PM me and I will send them the appropriate Link. I think it is best to set the correct expectations so that no one's time is wasted. My own expectations are quite lenient and take into account Real Life events and playing in other Campaigns. I expect players to play at least once a month (hopefully more!) and to reply to any PM's that I send them. If a player cannot play at least once a month, then they should send me a PM explaining why, just so I know what is going on. What I don't want is someone showing as a player in the Campaign, but who never plays and who doesn't respond to any of my PM's. That person is not really in the Campaign, they are a type of Lurker, someone who has forgotten they even joined the Campaign, or someone who just doesn't care. A player who never plays and who doesn't respond to repeated PM's can expect for me to use the Kick Player from Campaign option on them. In summary, if you like Runequest 2E, Glorantha, a Skill-Based (not Class-Based) System, Skills that improve with Use, Battle Magic driven by Power Points (not memorized per day), Realistic Combat, Strike Ranks, Parries, Critical Hits, Fumbles, Impales, Hit Locations, the idea of joining a Rune Cult to become a Rune Master or Rune Priest, don't mind or even enjoy the All-Text nature of the Campaign, and agree to my lenient expectations, then I invite you to join the Runequest 2E Glorantha Chaos War Campaign. It will be a lot of fun. Both new players and experienced players are welcome. I hope to see you in the Campaign.
Note that owning the books for Runequest 2E is Not Required.  I own all the books.  I can help you create your character and then answer any questions you may have as the game progresses.  Of course, if you have the Runequest 2E books already, that will make things easier, but it certainly is not a requirement to play.