Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need a DM to guide us to glory and riches

Edited 1438580130
We are a group of experienced to semi-experienced level players that will need very little, if any, assistance with the mechanics of the game. We are trying to find a DM that will put together a solid long term campaign to take us to level 20. We would like to start at level 4, but if that is not possible, we are willing to compromise. Here are a few characteristics we are looking for in our DM. -We are heavy role playing but want a good mix of action, dialogue, and puzzle solving. -Forgotten Realms setting. -We want the DM to be able to be flexible within the over-arching campaign to allow the players to meet their individual long term goals. -We are also looking for a DM that will keep the party together and keep us on track, but is able to wing it if we occasionally do something outside of the box or if we go a different direction. You are able to find some clever way to get us back on track. -We are looking for the battles to actually be challenging, but we are not asking for constant TPKs. -Some players in the group like to level every few games and others are looking for us to use the standard track. So we are looking for you to decide for us, somewhere between 3 and 6 games for us to advance levels. A happy middle ground would be fine. -We are looking for you to manage the party and stop us from metagame thinking if we do that. -We are looking for a DM who is very descriptive in describing things and able to think on his feet. -We want maps and tokens. -Is able to make the time we have scheduled very consistently and is in it for the long term. So in a sense we want you to be perfect :p The party consists of: High Elf Wizard Mountain Dwarf Fighter Half-Elf Ranger Drow Elf Rogue (nuetral evil) but is not going to do stupid stuff to screw the game up. He is a pirate. Moon Elf Cleric Please post your experience and something about yourself and we will get back to you. We will move to private messages for your ideas on a campaign and any other information and the rest of the group will join me in communicating with you. Heres the link to the game: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/29020/the-crew-dm-search" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/29020/the-crew-dm-search</a>
Considering that there are a lot of DMs here seeking just such a well organized group, that knows what they want, and are not afraid to ask for it, This should fill up with applications pretty quick. It's well written, and clearly spells out exactly what you are seeking. Pretty rare in the overall flood of&nbsp; "All we need is a DM to start playing tonight" sort of posts. I almost fit the requirements, but I'm running three games a week on average, and I don't feel like making my long suffering Gamer Widow wife more lonely than she already is. Good luck, hope you can find a DM, and welcome to the community.
I've been playing D&D, Pathfinder, White Wolf, and various other systems since 1999. I'm 32, Canadian, goofy and sarcastic, but dedicated to crafting a good story, challenging players, seeing and participating in COOL stuff, and an all-around good time. Most of my gaming experience is as a DM, and I feel I am pretty fair and do a good job at it. I've been using Roll20 since almost day one, so I am pretty well-versed at creating (stealing and repurposing) content. I have been scanning the LFGs for a ready-made group who knows what they want, and this sounds perfect, if only I could get an idea of what the schedules are like, I can see if this will work for me.&nbsp;
I'm just the postman, so go to the link i posted and apply there. I'm not even the one in control of the game. :p Though i appreciate the complement and definitely understand the wrath of the other half. I didn't really set this up. I was just lucky enough to get in lol. i just knew that DMs generally look on the forums instead of the FG so i added our search here.