Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG Warhammer 40k (Dark Heresy, Only War,etc) - Whenever/GMT Friendly

That's... Pretty much it. I haven't been able to find any real 40k games running in the listings, and I'd quite like to go be a guardsman for a while. Or at least until the nids, orks and eldar start popping heads and spines out of people. ...Nyeh, that's actually part of the fun too. Either way, am I alone with this particular desire? I've honestly got no real idea how popular the 40k tabletop games are. Oh! As for playstyle, I tend to play adaptively, striking a balance between combat and interations. I'm not the sort of player to try and trigger combat every time the group enters a new situation, though I AM the sort of player to look for alternatives to combat during combat. Despite the nature of the setting, rolling 50 lasgun attacks in a row without considering alternatives doesn't quite appeal to me as it seems to do for others. ...I should not write posts like these while tired. Either way, anyone else up for some horrific grimdark shootyfun?
I would be interested to join in as a player. I'm already a part of a Dark Heresy 1ed campaign and quite familiar with the rules and lore. Provided we can find a GM I could commit to playing every other Friday 8pm - after midnight GMT I would like to play a crazy psyker ;-) Keep me updated. Cheers
Crazy psyker... Well that's... A start. I suppose. *shudder* Heh, perils of the warp aside, that sounds fairly cool. On the off-chance that we find a willing DM, what's your stance on Only War?
Only read some basic info, never played it, willing to try it.
It's not so hard to pick up. One of the easier combat systems as far as I can remember. At the very least, you don't have to roll 16d6 to scratch your nose :3
Oh I know that its very similar to DH which I know well, so we're good there. Here's hoping for a GM to volunteer soon :-)
I'd be interested, just purchased the Only War core book not to long ago and itching to try it out.
I have a ton of the books and am very interested in RT and Dark Heresy. I have played before on roll20.
Matthew A. said: I'd be interested, just purchased the Only War core book not to long ago and itching to try it out. Dante Faustus said: I have a ton of the books and am very interested in RT and Dark Heresy. I have played before on roll20. Interested in playing or GMing?
I'd be interested in playing, first time though. I've been looking to get into Dark Heresy for a long time now.
I would not mind being a player in a warhammer 40k game. I am in GMT+2 (Cest) time if you still need players.  I have played some dark heresy when it first came out but not since :( 
Seems like we have 6 potential players, but no GM :-(

Edited 1438800642
Not trying to make any excuses, but I would GM if I had any experience with Roll20 (I have literally none, nota, nill, keine) at all.
Matthew A. said: Not trying to make any excuses, but I would GM if I had any experience with Roll20 (I have literally none, nota, nill, keine) at all. Roll20 is extremely easy to use and very intuitive. You can start here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_Crash_Course" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_Crash_Course</a> You'll be an expert in no time! I'm much more interested in your experience GMing WH40k and in general.

Edited 1438826915
I've only GM'd a few sessions of D&D 5th edition, not a whole lot but something. None with Warhammer, and a little bit of BRP
And this is what I get for not checking my e-mails or roll20 for a day. Those of you interested in playing or (hopefully) GMing, add me on Skype. (D_K_Head, under the display name "Swallow") We'll figure out how to get stuff going. Oh and Matt... While I'm not capable of GMing (Math + Preperation = Sad Swallow), I can show you how to get Roll20 doing what you want it to do. As, I suspect, can a few of the others.