Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

One Shot Adventures

Edited 1438594090
Does anyone think it's a good idea to run a game every week and try to bust out a module? New characters, and maybe new players every week.
Sounds like a fun learning experience for new players/DM. If it is 5e I know someone who would probably enjoy doing it. 
Monarch said: Does anyone think it's a good idea to run a game every week and try to bust out a module? New characters, and maybe new players every week. It could be, though I'd say burn out is bound to happen, maybe make it every other week and you should be good. Heck, after 8 sessions I'd suggest that maybe someone cast off the GM torch so that person can get some GM experience...it's the one thing few TRPGers can say they have.
Alright thank you for the advice, I'll work on not burning out, and I'll see about passing my torch that gives me god like players. Also it would be D&D 2e and 3.5 since those are the two systems I know and am confident running.
Hiya there! I was once a frequent one-shotter once for 5E, and I quickly found out that ya get TONS and TONS of reception from players wanting to play. A couple tips I want to give ya is set up some premade character sheets for newbie players (as they're some of the most), as well as provide environments (and backstories to these environments) for your players to explore, not necessarily fully-fleshed out stories. 
Benson Y. said: Hiya there! I was once a frequent one-shotter once for 5E, and I quickly found out that ya get TONS and TONS of reception from players wanting to play. A couple tips I want to give ya is set up some premade character sheets for newbie players (as they're some of the most), as well as provide environments (and backstories to these environments) for your players to explore, not necessarily fully-fleshed out stories.  THIS!!