Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wednesday Night Fiasco. A weekly one shot game! New players and vets are welcomed. Games start at 5pm PST /skype

Edited 1439008754
Hello and welcome to: After playing fiasco here at home with my local board game store, I've decided to host fiasco here for people who either had a game cancelled on friday nights, looking for something to pass the time on fridays, or people who really like fiasco! For those of you who don't know what fiasco is: "Inspired by movies like Fargo, Burn After Reading, and A Simple Plan, Fiasco lets players tell stories that exist at the darkly comic intersection of lust, greed, and fear. Unlike traditional roleplaying games, where dice are only rolled for combat, the dice in Fiasco are used to establish Relationships, Needs, Objects, and Locations that are important to you. Fiasco is a story told in 2 acts; In act one, you'll make a bunch of very big plans. At the end of act one, you'll roll on the Tilt table, which introduce 2 unexpected elements to the game. In act 2, you'll watch your plans slowly and surely unravel. Then, at the very end, you'll roll on the Aftermath table to find out exactly how badly things went for your character. All in all, this should be one hell of a Fiasco!" Here's Fiasco played on the show Table Top! <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXJxQ0NbFtk" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXJxQ0NbFtk</a> Besides the rules stated above (yep, that's pretty much more than half the rules), Fiasco is a GM-less game meaning everyone is a player. The game can take anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours to complete and can be played over and over! The playsets (or settings for our story) we'll use will be determined before every game on Friday and this doesn't require you to be active and play every week! Some examples of playsets are: LA 1936 : An L.A Noire kind of setting but taking place before the war instead of after. Bounty Hunters : A sci-fi setting taking place in the same place and time as in the anime Cowboy Bebop Dragons and Swords : A fantasy setting that has you meddling with many situations. Red faction : A cold-war spy themed setting that has your character working against (or, secretly with) the soviets. Fortune and Glory : Indian-jones themed setting that has you and other players working together or against each other. This is a sit back and relax, have fun, and enjoy the all the backstabbing, murder, and misfortune that can be conjured up in only a few hours. This is open to as many players that want to join in on the fun! Though the limit to a game is 3-5, we can have 2 or even 3 games running at once or if a moderator is inclined to, any day of the week. If you have a knack to improve like a boss, already love the game, or have been curious about it then look no further! If you're interested, please let me know through messaging me. If you have any questions or concerns, you may ask them here so other people who might have the same question can see! :)
&nbsp;Already full for one game but looking to see if there will be more people interested! We will host more than one game and possibly put games on different days~

Edited 1439437853
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
I'd be intersested depending on what times you do host it.
Well so far it's the time as stated! However, any body can post in the game's forum and request to start a game at any time of the week :)
I'd like to join in for this week if thats okay
CrossJustX said: I'd like to join in for this week if thats okay Sure thing! Go ahead and send a private message :)
Hey I'm total noob and totally excited for fiasco this fri thanks!!!!!
Me and a friend of mine where looking for games fit for beginners and saw the video. It looked like so much fum and we would just love to try it out! :)
Sure thing! However, we're moving the days to wednesdays instead of fridays! Fridays are going to be for once upon a time which we feel is a better game as far as convenience and gameplay for any amount of people instead of working around a max of 5 at any given time. Feel free to message me if you want to join our wednesday sessions :)