Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Dungeon Connect: Over 70 tiles for use with API “Line Segment” script.

Edited 1439936082
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Script: <a href="https://github.com/BaldarSilveraxe/Dungeon-Connect" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/BaldarSilveraxe/Dungeon-Connect</a> Market Link: &nbsp; Market Link V: 0.2 Reduced some duplicate code and JSLint clean ups. V: 0.3 Testing "nudge rotation" for branch add. V: 0.4 Updated menu with icons. V: 0.5 Added nudge rotation to all tools it can be apllied to. V: 0.6 - 0.7 Clean up v: 0.8 improved fill (using Aaron's handy dandy&nbsp;deferredCreateObj.) (Pack was sent over to the market, will be releasing a beta of the script with sample tiles tomorrow, but wanted to get the “instructions” and “help" content posted today.) Quickstart: 1) While on the GM Layer click "Add Segment." Invalid walls will be shown as a red line. Once the line is valid (45 degree angle and not intersecting another line) the walls with lighting will be added. 2) You can add a point to a line, effectively splitting it... and each new segment can be moved and the walls will update. 3) Branch points can be added 4) You get the idea... delete, merge, connect... etc. 5) Filling the map.... You have to close in an area and place the "paint can." Deletion of the "paint can" tiggers the fill action (there is a cancel button.) Doors and "secret doors" are also supported. So... its really that simple. Will be looking for feedback from anyone besides, Vince, Aaron, Gabe, Russ, Alan, and Wes... I hear enough from them already. Recommended Setup and Use: Initial Setup Create a new campaign. Install the two scripts. Chat pane should prompt you with a menu button. Tips: Only lines that are a multiple of 45 degrees will render. invalid lines will show as a red line. Nodes too close to another post to render will be tinted "red." Doors are on the object layer and overlay the wall gaps. You can move and place them from the GM layer by grabbing the "Feature" icon ("F".) Secret doors work just like normal doors, they are just hard to see (kind of the point.) As the GM you can see their location by the "feature" icon and an aura. Just select and toggle them on the objects layer like a normal door.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The trick of this script was the "node" intersections. There are 255 possible combination at each node, the number of tiles need to support this is reduced through "rotation" and "flip" programmatically. Still, you need about 50 tiles to support these intersections…. that means more URL copy and pasting. So don’t forget to “VOTE!”
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sweet!!!! &nbsp;=D~ (even though you hear enough from me already!! )
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Are we allowed to comment yet? Congrats on another release Stephen.
Wes
Sheet Author
Insert cool comment here later....

Edited 1439213185
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Beta of the script is posted with sample tiles. Still working to clean somethings up, but it should work. Constructive feedback is welcomed!* * Constructive feedback is defined as anything from anyone other than Vince, Aaron, Gabe, Russ, Alan, or Wes.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Working on a update to make adding branch segments quicker. It works off of "end" point rotation. Short example of this in action:
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Stephen S. said: Beta of the script is posted with sample tiles. Still working to clean somethings up, but it should work. Constructive feedback is welcomed!* * Constructive feedback is defined as anything from anyone other than Vince, Aaron, Gabe, Russ, Alan, or Wes. That means I can give destructive feedback then. &nbsp;:-)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I dig the API menu items Stephen. Is it possible to add some tipsy info when you hover over the various tiles to help clarify what they are? &nbsp;I need as much help/guidance as possible. I assume the official release will come with an even larger tile menu? &nbsp;Subcatagories perhaps?
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: I dig the API menu items Stephen. Is it possible to add some tipsy info when you hover over the various tiles to help clarify what they are? &nbsp;I need as much help/guidance as possible. I assume the official release will come with an even larger tile menu? &nbsp;Subcatagories perhaps? Augh this is so hard! I know I should say "good point" but its Vince... maybe just be factual in my reply. After reading your post &nbsp; this thread &nbsp;I have come to the realiziation &nbsp; of a few things: 1) The menu is layed out in reverse. "Add segement" is the first thing you should do and this command is last on the current menu because it was the action I coded first. 2) Commands should be in order of most commonly used. 3) Icons might be better. 4) Tool tips would help.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince.... would an ICon like this be more clear? This would be for adding a "point"
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Good "point". &nbsp;Actually, changing the cursor depending on the tool is a common function in graphics editing programs, so that might even be "expected"...
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Its hard to imulate a cursor on roll20, and you can't detect select.&nbsp; Nudge rotation detection is the best I have found so far. I think I can reduce the button links by three for that. 1) Add branch = nudge rotate post 2) Add point = &nbsp;nudge rotate middle marker 3) Nudge fill bucket = fill (Aaron's idea) That gets rid of "add branch", "add point", and&nbsp;&nbsp;"cancel fill area". Leaving.... "add segment", "merge points" and "connect points." The last two require two posts being selected.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Add a new line segment to the map, Add a new branch from a point. Insert a point at a middle marker. Connect two points. Merge two points into one. Fill in a area. Menu is updated... rotaton triggers only working for "add point" at this time.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
This rocks. End of story.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks.... v.5 nduge rotations works on all the tools it can be applied to.&nbsp;Plan to add drawing tool area selection to make maping even fast and more flexible. &nbsp;Still some rough spots to it. I would point out this pathing line segement stuff could be applied to DL in general.&nbsp;Which can work great consdering you can have grid lines and snapping below 1 unit.&nbsp;I have played with it at 1/14 of a unit (0.07142857142) for grid size. But I still can't stand lighting a map by hand, so I likely wont do anything with it.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Working adding the ability to use the native pathing tool. This will allow the user to throw down basic shapes very quickly and then edit/refine using the menu tools.
Gold
Forum Champion
Awesome seeing this thread as a Community highlight in the Roll20 header drop-down menu. Thanks for your contributions and developments Stephen S.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gold said: Awesome seeing this thread as a Community highlight in the Roll20 header drop-down menu. Thanks for your contributions and developments Stephen S. object.remove() ... that last big API update.&nbsp; object.remove() is the gift the keeps on giving.&nbsp; Its been extremely value enabling. And those that have helped me a lot with mapping and lighting solutions:&nbsp; Alex L. ,&nbsp; manveti , and&nbsp; Aaron .
Stephen S. Once we get the pack on the Marketplace, make sure you update the info! Great work!
Super excited to try this out. Never made much use of anything this fancy yet but this seems like just what I wanted!
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have not published this update yet, still checking some things.... BUT.... we also have direct draw through the Roll20 drawing tool. As fast as "Dungeon Draw" but more flexible when editing.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Oh man, that's pretty awesome!!
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could queue up array data....&nbsp;[[1219,705],[912,705],[etc,etc]... next []... and so on...
Wes
Sheet Author
Shut the Front Door!
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Improved the paint fill operation: That is a 90 by 90 map.... script finds it's way through it and places the floor tiles with no headaches.&nbsp; If you do any map making scripts.... I would look at the&nbsp; deferredCreateObj function in this code. Aaron made it for me and I get a lot of mileage out of that little thing.
Nice job S. Is this going to replace the dungeonDraw scripts, and will it use those assets?
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Incredible, Stephen! Wow!
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kimli said: Nice job S. Is this going to replace the dungeonDraw scripts, and will it use those assets? They work off of different ideas for handling walls. Dungeon Draw tiles have their walls as part of the floor, whenever a tile is on the edge of a non-matching tile, it has the appropriate wall. These tiles are walls and everything else is either inside the walls or outside the walls (flooded or not flooded with floor tiles.) The real new thing here is “connect”. Having paths you can manipulate after placement. While the tiles sets are not really compatible, there is no reason the Dungeon Draw could not be made to be more flexible with this “connect” trick. There is another advantage with these tiles. NPC pathing… it would be easier to making wandering tokens with the walls as a full tile. Dungeon Draw is really a half wall with the middle of the wall on the the lines of the grid… These bisect the middle of the grid squares.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Russ H. said: Incredible, Stephen! Wow! They also taste great.
Stephen S. said: Kimli said: Nice job S. Is this going to replace the dungeonDraw scripts, and will it use those assets? They work off of different ideas for handling walls. Dungeon Draw tiles have their walls as part of the floor, whenever a tile is on the edge of a non-matching tile, it has the appropriate wall. These tiles are walls and everything else is either inside the walls or outside the walls (flooded or not flooded with floor tiles.) The real new thing here is “connect”. Having paths you can manipulate after placement. While the tiles sets are not really compatible, there is no reason the Dungeon Draw could not be made to be more flexible with this “connect” trick. There is another advantage with these tiles. NPC pathing… it would be easier to making wandering tokens with the walls as a full tile. Dungeon Draw is really a half wall with the middle of the wall on the the lines of the grid… These bisect the middle of the grid squares. I see.. I like this, too. Great idea. Looking forward to seeing what it does at the end. &lt;offtrack&gt;Does this mean that the last update for DungeonDraw is the final one? I honestly haven't played with it for a while, but I love it.&lt;/offtrack&gt;
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@kimli I plan to get back to update Dungeon Draw... have another project I am working on right now. Also the pack for Dungon Connect is on the market!
Trying this out and it works great! &nbsp;Only issue is all of the artwork is covered in roll20 icon even though I bought the pack. &nbsp;Also, is it impossible to use this with an already existing campaign?

Edited 1439942335
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Joshua said: Trying this out and it works great! &nbsp;Only issue is all of the artwork is covered in roll20 icon even though I bought the pack. &nbsp;Also, is it impossible to use this with an already existing campaign? You can use it in any campaign... but you have to edit the URLs in the scripts... .....the painful part. Updating URLs in the Code 1) Download Complete Set the pack from the market. 2) Use the Market bulk uploaded 3) Open the API editor in one tab 4) Open the campaign in another tab. 5) Use the in game image tool to get to your library. 6) Search for the "key" you want. 6) Right click the one you want and copy the URL. 7) Edit the script. 8) Save... script 9) In the game reload that texture pack and see if it looks right. 10) Repeat for each key Its painful and I am sorry for that hopefully we can get access to image tags (be sure to VOTE ) HINT: Take your time. Do one or two, save and refresh the script. Check as you go.
Stephen S. said: @kimli I plan to get back to update Dungeon Draw... have another project I am working on right now. Also the pack for Dungon Connect is on the market! Excellent.. Looking into it now.. Thank you.
Questions regarding the script.&nbsp; Can you have multiple wall textures.&nbsp; I see in one of the scripts it labels the textures "Simple Stone"&nbsp; which is set to default. Can you have a Simple_Stone, and a Sewer, and Ruins, etc?&nbsp; How would you edit the script?
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Its just a matter of adding new textures to the script. It would handle textures pretty much exactly like Dungeon Draw does (if you look at that script, it has several texture packs.) I have other packs for&nbsp;the Dungeon Connects&nbsp;script I have just not had time to send them over to the market.

Edited 1440767617
Can someone help me get this to work. New to this and want someone to show me the ropes real fast. I keep getting an error when I put the script in.

Edited 1440775006
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you have other scripts running? And what is the error? And are you on the Dev server?
I can't figure out how to get the doors to work.&nbsp; Are there instructions anywhere?
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
While on the object layer.... select a door. You should get a token action.... use that to toggle the door open or closed.
Thanks.&nbsp; I feel stupid now. Great product though!&nbsp;
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not a problem... I have the start to a wiki for it... just have not finished it.
I was wondering what level of subscription you have to have to have this work? do you have to have access to the API editing to use it aka pro members or can other levels use it?
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pro (API access.)
I'm trying to follow your quickstart guide and it's not working for me. I have both scripts installed and running. I click "Add a Segment" and a red line appears. It's not at 90 or 45 degrees, so it doesn't draw a wall.&nbsp; If I try to grab the control bits on either end, it doesn't grab them like individual objects as I see in the GIF above -- instead, it grabs the whole thing like a big rectangular object and I can't move just the end piece.&nbsp; Any ideas?
Have you tried rotating it
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could be grabbing the path.
Yes, I rotated it, I have tried at all different zoom levels to grab the end pieces. As far as I can tell this is unusable.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jen G. said: Yes, I rotated it, I have tried at all different zoom levels to grab the end pieces. As far as I can tell this is unusable. Send me a game invite and let me see if I can get it working for you. Sorry for the difficulty.

Edited 1442660187
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jen... are you wokring on the GM layer? Because that is where map editing is done... on the GM layer.