Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Chat not updating in one campaign, fine in others.

Detailed Description of the Problem  : So I've been having this problem starting today. Nothing seems to update in my chat window in one campaign I'm in. I've tried clearing the chat log and had the GM clear it as well, with nothing changing. I went through the audio/visual troubleshooting guide, tried a different browser and it's still causing the problem. One other player has reported the same problem I'm having, but 2 others aren't having this issue. I'll also mention again that this doesn't occur in any of the other campaigns I'm in. Steps to Reproduce the Problem  : Just joined the game after trying all the troubleshooting steps. Restarted computer, tried another browser, same issue. Description of Your Setup (Browser + Version, Operating System, etc.)  I'm running Chrome 44.0.2403.155 on Win7, resolution 1920x1080 and java/cookies are enabled. I'll go ahead and copy the text from the console when I try to type something in. Any help would be much appreciated. Let me know if anything else is needed. Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #sheet-rolltemplate-5eDefault {{ability=1bc.error @ jquery.min.js:2bh @ jquery.min.js:2bp @ jquery.min.js:2r.querySelectorAll.bp @ jquery.min.js:2bc @ jquery.min.js:2p.fn.extend.find @ jquery.min.js:2p.fn.p.init @ jquery.min.js:2p @ jquery.min.js:2d20.textchat.incoming @ app.js?1439300327:41a @ app.js?1439300327:41n @ base.js?1436377404:1 app.js?1439300327:36 Updating character sheet values jquery.min.js:2 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #sheet-rolltemplate-5eDefault {{ability=1bc.error @ jquery.min.js:2bh @ jquery.min.js:2bp @ jquery.min.js:2r.querySelectorAll.bp @ jquery.min.js:2bc @ jquery.min.js:2p.fn.extend.find @ jquery.min.js:2p.fn.p.init @ jquery.min.js:2p @ jquery.min.js:2d20.textchat.incoming @ app.js?1439300327:41a @ app.js?1439300327:41n @ base.js?1436377404:1 2app.js?1439300327:36 Updating character sheet values app.js?1439300327:43 window resize app.js?1439300327:30 Final set zoom! app.js?1439300327:29 UPDATE GL SIZE! app.js?1439300327:30 Final set zoom! app.js?1439300327:43 window resize app.js?1439300327:30 Final set zoom! app.js?1439300327:29 UPDATE GL SIZE! app.js?1439300327:30 Final set zoom! app.js?1439300327:36 Updating character sheet values jquery.min.js:2 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #sheet-rolltemplate-5eDefault {{ability=1
And the GM just reset the API and that seemed to fix the problem.
1439454870

Edited 1439454896
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats good to know, thanks for the update. Please post again if this happens in the future with the same level of detail you already supplied so that we can see if there are common elements causing the issue. For the time being i will mark this one as resolved. Happy rolling.