Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Possible solution for custom music

I understand that music could take up too much space on roll20 servers and that it might bring up copyright issues, but soundcloud is simply not sufficient especially for DMs who have purchased copyrighted material that they would like to use in their campaign that they cannot post to soundcloud. I have a couple ideas to circumvent that: 1- Allow DMs to stream music from their computer - much like voice and video streaming already available. Music streaming is used at the user's discretion and the material is not stored in the servers, so roll20 would be exempted from copyright infringement. 2- Allow users to utilize their accounts from spotify, itunes and google play to play their purchased music - many users already have accounts on paid services. Allowing them to use those accounts would open up a world of possibility, again with no legal implication and no data storage on your part.
Gold
Forum Champion
Here is another popular Suggestion thread that is related to your ideas, Alternatives to Soundcloud and Additions to the Jukebox <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1245252/alternat" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1245252/alternat</a>... Please add your Comments and vote +1 there if you agree. If you decide to combine power with the other thread, you can recover your vote from this thread by subtracting the +1 on the triangle at the top of the thread, and you can hide this thread by clicking Delete on the first post.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
With&nbsp; today's release , you can now upload your own audio to Roll20. I am closing this thread to refund your votes.