Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Non-US date and time formats

Score + 106
Roll20 uses dates and times in various places, but they all are in the US format, meaning e.g. month-day-year hour:minutes AM/PM, which is a chore to understand for anybody from outside. Add an option to use some standard and European date and time formats, or totally custom ones. Examples: - ISO-8601/RFC-3339 date: YYYY-MM-DD e.g. 2015-08-20 - RFC-2822 date: shortweekday, DD shortmonth YYYY, e.g. Thu, 20 Aug 2015 (can be without weekday) - 24h time: e.g. 14:00 - time zone abbreviations: CET instead of UTC+1 (list: <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_time_zone_abbreviations" rel="nofollow">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_time_zone_abbreviations</a> )
note: this should be a user selectable option, somewhere in the profile settings, then the user selected format should be used in all places on the site
Super old thread. I concur!
Oh yeah, and still didn't happen. Though I'm pretty sure, most popular coding frameworks have easy to implement tools for locale handling.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah, this would indeed be a nice additions.
Seems like a decent quality of life change for those not in the US.
Agree, its confusing as it is.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
24 hour clock, I want one.
My campaign spans 120 players across at least 4-5 continents. Please this.

Edited 1590359197
Having a 12 hour clock, with AM/PM centers the culture of Roll20 as American. Other countries around the world use a 24 hour clock exclusively (lets not even get into the -gasp- metric system!) and show dates as Day/Month/Year. Allowing people to use the the time structures they grew up with would make Roll20 more inclusive for a worldwide audience.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
William T. said: Having a 12 hour clock, with AM/PM centers the culture of Roll20 as American. Other countries around the world use a 24 hour clock exclusively (lets not even get into the -gasp- metric system!) and show dates as Day/Month/Year. Allowing people to use the the time structures they grew up with would make Roll20 more inclusive for a worldwide audience. Very much. Cyber Killer in the suggestion's initial post made 4 year ago , states this as well as I can think. Juggling timezone along with AM/PM becomes tiresome when communicating internationally, and Roll20 should also adopt an international standard to their communication as well. Considering the number of Streams, Community Roundtables &amp; maintenance breaks that happens, it would really be best for everyone.
Wow, it's been 4 years... Seems like a lot of time (duh ;-) ) to implement such a small thing.

Edited 1593067904
Rain
KS Backer
Really, supporting ISO standard dates and time should be considered basic functionality. If that is not possible, could there at least be some way to show scheduled dates/times in UTC? Same goes for 12h/24h time.
I'm 100% for this, we already can change the language, changing the date format should be a thing.
We just need one more upvote!
this could be a setting done in "My Profile" maybe ?? +1
Impressive how this wish for very basic functionality has had nothing done in five years.
I guess there's only 41 non-US users of roll20 who are annoyed by this.
Perhaps there are only 45 non-US users who are annoyed by that because it's so annoying others just don't bother to use roll20?
We made it, you guys! We gathered more than 30 upvotes!
+1
+1 please the choice of how dates are displayed to the user, settings in the player profile pages...&nbsp; ddd, DD mmm YYYY as per RFC-2822
+1 here. It's basic and honestly not very complicated to code ;)
+1. Please, it's just normal functionality that I'd expect from any program nowadays.
Rondragos
Pro
Sheet Author
+1. This shouldn't be a big thing to do... please give it to us

Edited 1622659679
Rain
KS Backer
I was about to post something snarky, but the age of this thread speaks for itself.

Edited 1622725832
It's hugely frustrating isn't it? It's not even hard to do, it just seems that roll20 doesn't care about people outside of the US. And since this came up again it's a wonderful reminder to cancel my subscription.
Yeah, realizing they just don't care made me finally look at other alternatives. I'm still a player in a game here, but I run my own games in Foundry now.
Good call, I got to give foundry a try before the subscription runs out. Astral looked kind of promising too haven't gotten around to trying it yet however
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
+1 please.
How in the world has this still not been added?&nbsp;
So I came to the forums to ask for a "not including" option for searching for games, but seeing this I guess nothing will happen. Soooo.... What are the alternatives to roll20 again? because frankly this is sad
6 years isn't enough time to work out how to cater to the international community. Do they support unicode in ALL text fields?
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Would be nice to have.
Yay, 7 years, still nothing :-P. It's good that at least the thread hasn't been closed like many others.
Now that many of us have more Suggestion votes, I would like to plug this Suggestion!
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bump.
Bump
It has been years and still nothing, damn
Yep, seems the rest of the planet ain't worth shit. What a surprise. Lazy sods.