Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New-ish Player LFG

Hello! :) So, I am a relatively new member of Roll20; I have some previous experience with role-playing, and I have learned some of the basics of how to play on this site (i.e., how to roll, how to do actions, etc.), but I know basically nothing about most of game systems and worlds, so I still need to be taught some things. I live in the EST/EDT (depending on the time of year, obviously) timezone, but I have a very flexible schedule, particularly if I have enough notice beforehand. I am willing to learn any system, but I do  not  play any horror- or macabre-themed games, so if you have those elements in your game, please look elsewhere. :) I prefer text and/or voice sessions; I can't do video. If you think you have a space for me in your game(s) and don't mind teaching a newbie who tends to ask a LOT of questions, please either leave a reply on this thread or PM me! Thanks. :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Knights of the Written Word: text-based gamers alliance might be something you want to check out. There are text games listed in the detail page of the group. There are a couple pathfinder games, warhammer game, and a star wars game listed right off the bat.
Pat S. said: Knights of the Written Word: text-based gamers alliance might be something you want to check out. There are text games listed in the detail page of the group. There are a couple pathfinder games, warhammer game, and a star wars game listed right off the bat. Thank you, Pat. I'll definitely check it out! :)
Does dnd 5e interest you? Any times or dates you can do etc
(DM) Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Does dnd 5e interest you? Any times or dates you can do etc DND 5E definitely interests me. :) Honestly, the only day I'm not really available is Wednesday, as my Wednesdays (for the foreseeable future) have recently been taken by other games. My schedule is fairly flexible, so.
Currently got a group of three who are running through LMOP and they did not manage to complete the first bit successfully.  I imagine game times will be around 5 pm ish my time. generally we use skype for voice chat if thats alright?  If you send me a pm about it. I can see what we can set up.
I run a number of playtesters for my percentile Sci-fi game, if you have any interest in being part of that.
I've been wanting to try out the Dragon Age RPG, either as GM (no experience doing so in any game) or as a player, probably going to start looking for a group if you'd be interested.
Welcome to the community. I run 5th edition weekly, and Traveller, and Star Wars Edge of the Empire every other week. Good luck finding something that fits your needs.
Captain Zens said: I run a number of playtesters for my percentile Sci-fi game, if you have any interest in being part of that. I don't know what a "percentile" game is, so I can't really say whether I'm interested or not. :) Kheira l'Grimm said: I've been wanting to try out the Dragon Age RPG, either as GM (no experience doing so in any game) or as a player, probably going to start looking for a group if you'd be interested. The Dragon Age RPG uses the same system as Geek & Sundry's Titansgrave show, doesn't it? I think I'd be interested in joining... James J. said: Welcome to the community. I run 5th edition weekly, and Traveller, and Star Wars Edge of the Empire every other week. Good luck finding something that fits your needs. Thank you for the welcome! :)
Hello! We might have a spot for you.&nbsp; You seem to fit the type of player that would work well with us.&nbsp; Just one question - what is your limit of anti horror?&nbsp; like, no zombies, vampires? or something more akin to no Ravenloft? Anyhow, check out my post. let me know! Link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2353256/lf-female-gamer-for-estalished-dnd-group" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2353256/lf-female-gamer-for-estalished-dnd-group</a>
My group has new players in it as well and we are playing 1st ed with some 2nd thrown in. we have a lot of spots as i been playing for nearly 30 years. i also have a co dm to assist me and other players. it would be a great place to start if you wanted to learn. my game has the background and foundation, its up to my players to build the story of the world up. you can msg me if ud like to check it out, and the nice thing with us you can learn and watch and listen and if its not for you no big deal. :) if you make a char and stop playing, ill make it into an npc and place it in town :)