Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Moving separate characters while players are offline

i can move the players ribbon while everyone is offline, and when people are online i can move specific people, but is there any way i can move a single person to a specific room when they are offline?
when they are all in one places that is. like, can i move one from the player ribbon in some way?

Edited 1440715056
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't think so.  You have to drag a player's avatar to a different map to separate them from the player ribbon's location, but if they aren't online their avatar will not be available to drag/drop.  Perhaps you can move them prior to them exiting the sesion and they will start the next session as such.  Haven't tested.  What's your use case? Update:  Just verified you can move them prior to exiting the game and it will stick between sessions.

Edited 1440716375
Gold
Forum Champion
Like Vince said and Richard experienced, since the mechanism for moving a Player to another Page is to drag the Player's Avatar while they are logged in the game, I don't know of a way to move them while they are logged out of the game table. Wiki docs about this, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Toolbar#Split_the_Par" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Toolbar#Split_the_Par</a>... I also wanted to add that I've searched the Suggestions & Ideas forum, and, while there are a few Suggestion threads about the Page Toolbar and the Players Ribbon, plus one Idea about "Offline mode", I'm not aware of any suggestion that closely duplicates this request, so it would be a new Suggestion.
As a DM you can copy and paste the player tokens to any map online or not. Then just move the player ribbon.
Gold
Forum Champion
Brian, good tip for moving all the Players. Richard is asking about a slightly different feature, the way to "Split the Party". The Player Ribbon moves all the Players to that page, and he is talking about moving individual players to different pages apart from one another.
I still don't see the problem? You only have one ribbon and that is what the players will see. I would tell the other players to take a break or look away and mute them. Then switch to the other map.

Edited 1440730133
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Brian A. said: I would tell the other players to take a break or look away and mute them. Then switch to the other map. That's not a necessary measure to take when it's actually possible to place individual players on different Pages . Brian A. said: I still don't see the problem? The problem lies here: Richard E. said: is there any way i can move a single person to a specific room when they are offline ? Emphasis mine. As Vince and Gold have explained, there is no present way to place individual players on different Pages if those players are offline.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The API can move players regardless of their online status. I believe someone was working on a script for that a little while ago.

Edited 1440734726
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
[Script] MovePlayers -- Allows macros to move the player ribbon. Doesn't really help with Richard's question, but could lead to an API solution. &nbsp;API is the cat's meow and well worth the cost of admission (Pro).

Edited 1440882811
Gold
Forum Champion
Brian A. said: I still don't see the problem? You only have one ribbon and that is what the players will see. I would tell the other players to take a break or look away and mute them. Then switch to the other map. Brian, it's a feature of Roll20. Asking players to step away or mute is a different gameplay scenario.&nbsp;The ability to move Player A to "Castle Dungeon Map Page", while Players B, C &D, are on "Wilderness Map Page", is a feature of Roll20, that is used by some GM's, some game scenarios. So, not everyone actually has to be on the Player's Ribbon. Individual players can be separated from the Player's Ribbon location. This feature can currently be accomplished when everyone is in the game table together, like this (per the "Split The Party" wiki link above): Again, the question that Richard is asking about, is how to do this while the Players are offline and their avatar is not present in the game table at the moment. Example: When the next session starts, the GM wants 1 of the Characters to find themselves stuck in a dark dungeon map, while the other players open the game to see the wilderness map.
well thanks everyone, you've all be very informative. sorry it took so long to reply. i work long hours on weekends. hopefully they'll update that eventually. but otherwise i find the site pretty usefull
completely unrelated to this post, when my players do an attack, it seems to do 2 attack rolls. is that for advantage/disadvantage?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Richard E. said: completely unrelated to this post, when my players do an attack, it seems to do 2 attack rolls. is that for advantage/disadvantage? Yes, presuming you're using one of the D&D 5e sheets.