Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

In need of a DM to take us on adventures

We are a group of experienced to semi-experienced players that will need very little, if any, assistance with the mechanics of the game. We are trying to find a DM that will put together a solid long term campaign to take us to level 20. We would like to start at level 4, but if that is not possible, we are willing to compromise. Here are a few characteristics we are looking for in our DM. -We are looking for a fairly experienced DM who really wants to play some D&D. -Knows 5E well. -We are heavy role playing but want a good mix of action, dialogue, and puzzle solving. -Forgotten Realms setting. -We want the DM to be able to be flexible within the over-arching campaign to allow the players to meet their individual long term goals. -We are also looking for a DM that will keep the party together and keep us on track, but is able to wing it if we occasionally do something outside of the box or if we go a different direction. You are able to find some clever way to get us back on track. -We are looking for the battles to actually be challenging, but we are not asking for constant TPKs. -Some players in the group like to level every few games and others are looking for us to use the standard track. So we are looking for you to decide for us, somewhere between 3 and 6 games for us to advance levels. A happy middle ground would be fine. -We are looking for you to manage the party and stop us from metagame thinking if we do it. -We are looking for a DM who is very descriptive in describing things and able to think on his feet. -We want maps and portrait tokens. -We need a DM who is able to make the time we have scheduled very consistently and is in it for the long term. Really we are looking for you to never miss but we do understand if an emergency happens. If you are going to miss we are looking for you to at least communicate with us. Don't leave us hanging. The party consists of: High Elf Wizard Mountain Dwarf Fighter Half-Elf Ranger Drow Elf Rogue (nuetral evil) but is not going to do stupid stuff to screw the game up. He is a pirate. Moon Elf Cleric Please post your experience and something about yourself and we will get back to you. We will move to private messages from there. We already have all of our backstories and have created a somewhat thought out story line for the campaign. But we are open to changing it if you have a story line already made. We will be looking for the group to get on a voice call with you to ask follow on questions after we get through some of the initial dialogue. We just want to make sure this campaign is what you are looking for and also that you are what we are looking for.
Zero experience but would be willing to give it a shot if you are willing to try.  The only part on it that I am not sure about is the tokens and maps (oddly enough I found this post googling where to find forgotten realms maps for roll20).  Let me know what you think.
You left out a lot of information... What is your Time Zone? What would be your time frame during the days you want to play? What days are you looking at? How much realism do you expect? -Ajax "A good description of your action is better than a good dice roll..."
your right my bad -we are look for any time on sunday, -we are two central two east coast and one west coast
What kind of game are you looking to play? You mentioned Forgotten Realms, not my strong suit, but not the kind of people you guys are. Did you make characters with different individual goals that split the party, or a cohesive team that tackles a problem as a group? Knowing if you want to go full piracy, save the princess, quest for the grail etc. helps with planning and the backgrounds of your characters can be geared towards it.
Well, if you can survive playing at a European-ish time (~15 GMT), can survive playing in a much more realistic-ish and harsher world than Forsaken Realms (aka <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/30271/from-the-ashes-of-skarwood" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/30271/from-the-ashes-of-skarwood</a> ) with worlds-apart smarter NPCs and finally, that I will completely wreck your backgrounds to make them world and story-compatible, then we can try to make something happen - please pm me all the planned character backgrounds. Also, my dear wife would be joining the sessions as a player, but that hopefully wouldnt be too much of a problem.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Askren, Your comment has been removed. Please do not reply in LFG threads unless you are expressing interest in joining the game that is offered. Unsolicited critiques and advice are considered off-topic and thus are against the Code of Conduct .
I could be able to help you out, however I'm based in Europe, so my times would have to be acceptable to yours. (times starting after 4PM EST are problematic basically). The other consideration is whilst I have a world of experience DM'ing I haven't really gotten into 5th edition since my other group hasn't wanted to move on from pathfinder, so apart from one or two sessions I haven't touched it. Based on that fact alone I'd probably prefer to start out at level 1 or 2 just to give me some time to get to grips with it better so that by the time the groups power is starting to shine I know what I can and can't throw in the fights. Another minor thing is that I'm going fishing for a week as of a week on Friday so I'd be missing a session right off the bat, however if you're interested in trying to make something work let me know with a PM and we can talk further, if not then the best of adventures to you!
you forgot The Realms name! lol old Forgot realm joke from Gm and Player i doing saterdays but doing Faruin Setting not forgotten realm .
Phillip they are both the same