Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Drawn objects move themselves

I am new to this site and am trying to see if I want to use this over gametable. While drawing polygon shapes for roads on my campaign some of the objects seem to have moved themselves to the top corner of the map when I log in the next day.  I use Windows XP, Chrome 28.0.1500.71,  After moving the drawn items to where they were previously, I can't get them to ungroup. This is important because they weren't a group to begin with and belong in different spots. Is there some kind of "save and exit" I need to use? Because they aren't even the last item I drew.  They seem to be random each time.  Today is the 3rd time it has happened. The brown polygons that I circled are the ones I can't select as individuals.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
The grouping problem can be fixed by zooming in farther.  It seems only the item I want selected is selected when I have zoomed in to about 80%. But changing the level of zoom often throws me to a random location on the map.
This is a picture of it doing it again when I just logged in.   The grey and brown shapes up at the top left corner underneath the other items were not placed there when I exited the campaign earlier today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
1373652554
Gauss
Forum Champion
Joe,  welcome to Roll20. Regarding the selection of your artwork, are you clicking on it or are you dragging a selection box over it?  There is no save and exit button, things are updated automatically.  It should not be moving things. I will post a bug report with the Devs regarding this. What layer is this occuring on?  Please send me a join link so I can take a look.  - Gauss
Thank you. I am clicking on it. If I drag a box onto it I frequently accidentally grab my black grid divider lines as well. They are on the map and background layer. I was reading through some of the other posts and it might be similar to David T.'s problem when he tried to group items and it sent the first group to the top left corner. I think I might try to reproduce it and see if exiting while something is selected produces this effect. Thank you for replying. 
1373664272
Gauss
Forum Champion
There are three bugs in play here.  1) Occasionally, your art objects are winding up in the top left corner of the map after you leave and return. We are still trying to figure out why.  2) Your art objects are very large and your map requires a zoom level of ~30-50% to see them in relation to each other. When at such a low zoom % the system has a bug where if you select one art object it selects a number of others around it as well.  Here is the workaround until this bug is fixed: When you want to select an art object, set zoom to 100%, move it to a different layer, switch to that layer, set zoom back to where you want it, reposition it as desired, and then switch it back to the map layer.  3) When changing from low (such as 30%) to standard (100%) zoom levels the map jumps to a point far to the south-east of where you were.  Bug reports have been filed on all three issues.  - Gauss
1373998200
Gauss
Forum Champion
Joe B. please test out problem #2 and let me know if you are still having issues. The Devs have pushed out a fix for that today. - Gauss
Even with a zoom level of 10% I have no problems.  Thank you and the Devs for all that you do on this site.  I appreciate it. Joe
I'm getting this problem too, by the way.  I'm trying to draw objects onto the map (on the map layer, as the only user) and it seems like if I leave the map and come back, a random selection of stuff is suddenly pushed up into the upper left corner of the map.  Even more annoyingly, a large number of these things seem to have been shoved _off_ of the map, and as such there's no way for me to get them back at all! I've just had it happen a second time, and I'm really furious.  It's a drawing program.  Why can't it work properly?
1378358258
Gauss
Forum Champion
John, I apologize for the difficulty. Please take a screen shot before you leave your game and then another if things are moved around so we can see this in action.  Also, you can grab things shoved off the map by clicking on the map and then hitting Ctrl+A. That will select the entire layer and then you can move the layer (you may need to temporarily enlarge the Page Size in the Page Settings).  What is the name of your campaign? I will update the bug report that this is still occurring to you.  - Gauss
My campaign is Carrion Crown -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/501/carrion-crown" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/501/carrion-crown</a> . &nbsp;I'm willing to take screenshots next time, but really - there's not much to say. &nbsp;One shot would show my picnic tables in the middle top of the map, and the next would show them off in the upper left corner.&nbsp; I didn't know about Ctrl-A - I'll try that next time.
Please take a look at the questions I posted in this thread and reply there for this bug going forward, thanks! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/328978/some-drawn-objects-move-to-the-top-corner-second-time/#post-330281" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/328978/some-drawn-objects-move-to-the-top-corner-second-time/#post-330281</a>