Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFDM] To run either Pathfinder or 5e DnD for Solo Campaign

Hi, I'm a bit done with GMing for a little bit and would like for someone regardless of time zones, To host a solo session for myself with a homebrew world. I'd like to see a diverse world like Dragon Age, Dark and Horrific like Call of Cuthulu and medieval and unforgiving as Witcher series. I don't mind low magic campaigns and would like for it to be text. Oh, One more thing, I'm all down for taboo/mature themes as along as they are done with reason and not just cuz. We can talk more when or if anyone applies. Thanks. c:
Bump C:
do you see it evolving into a party activity?  if time zones arent an issue, what about days?
Bumps

Edited 1441330472
Tempted but can't do text. My skype is Ferelonshaderoot.
William l. said: Tempted but can't do text. My skype is Ferelonshaderoot. Awww. :(
I've been thinking of doing a solo campaign, though I wouldn't be using DnD nor Pathfinder. It would be Cypher System as I think it would let me manage the world and NPC creation easier and faster. Also, it will let the campaign run in a more cinematic/fluid way. As @William said, I can't do text but if you're interested PM me and we'll talk more about the world and such. Hope to hear from you! :)
The Ghost DM said: I've been thinking of doing a solo campaign, though I wouldn't be using DnD nor Pathfinder. It would be Cypher System as I think it would let me manage the world and NPC creation easier and faster. Also, it will let the campaign run in a more cinematic/fluid way. As @William said, I can't do text but if you're interested PM me and we'll talk more about the world and such. Hope to hear from you! :) Sorry, But i can't do voice. :c
Rachel said: Sorry, But i can't do voice. :c Out of curiosity, why can't you do voice? I have seen quite a number of people wanting those. Typically they ask for a one-on-one game as well. Just seems odd. I mean, it sounds like they want to play an MMO. Other than a medical reason I cannot see why a text only game, besides being hamstrung with a crappy internet connection which would make bandwidth an issue. Now that I can understand.
rpgman2013 said: Rachel said: Sorry, But i can't do voice. :c Out of curiosity, why can't you do voice? I have seen quite a number of people wanting those. Typically they ask for a one-on-one game as well. Just seems odd. I mean, it sounds like they want to play an MMO. Other than a medical reason I cannot see why a text only game, besides being hamstrung with a crappy internet connection which would make bandwidth an issue. Now that I can understand. Personal reasons, Just that i'm not good with voice RP and i'm more into text  for immersion. Yeah. MMO? Yeah, That is the wrong mindset a lot of people have on table tops. It's why i hate group table top.
Have you ever considered using  Mythic Gaming Emulator? Its a very useful thing for DMing and playing a Solo game and I have had some personal fun with it at times for short periods. You should give it a go if thats what you want. Personally I see nothing wrong with what you want but it can be hard to be a solo DM.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Rachel said: Personal reasons, Just that i'm not good with voice RP and i'm more into text  for immersion. Yeah. There are many people that prefer text to voice.  Knights of the Written Word group was created for that reason. It is a roll20 group that caters to text chat players. There are a variety of games being played and recruited for in the groups forum.
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Have you ever considered using  Mythic Gaming Emulator? Its a very useful thing for DMing and playing a Solo game and I have had some personal fun with it at times for short periods. You should give it a go if thats what you want. Personally I see nothing wrong with what you want but it can be hard to be a solo DM. You have to buy it, Seems useful if it can make custom maps with the person's idea choice. Not just RNG design maps. Although if you don't have that in mind this can still be useful. I''ll consider it. Can i have a little more detail what it does with maybe screen shots? Thanks for the advice. :)
Pat S. said: Rachel said: Personal reasons, Just that i'm not good with voice RP and i'm more into text  for immersion. Yeah. There are many people that prefer text to voice.  Knights of the Written Word group was created for that reason. It is a roll20 group that caters to text chat players. There are a variety of games being played and recruited for in the groups forum. Thanks, I've just posted asking for a GM from there to help make a grand adventure. Anyways, It seems like an ideal group for me. Text RP is always the best and i've been doing it for years now. Infact, Before i started table top RPGs i used to be heavily into this tight little role playing group on a survival game.
*Drops massive nuke on this thread* Kaboom
I can do this. Message me. It will take some time, but I was actually thinking of starting something similar and this anyway. If you are still interested.
*Rolled a Critical.*